• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Immense Struggle to avoid the European Conference League

Grays_1890

Colin Calderwood
So as we are out of all cups all roads point towards CL qualification.

̶N̶o̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶h̶a̶m̶ ̶F̶o̶r̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶(H)
Southampton (H)
Everton (A)
Brighton (H)
Bournemouth (H)
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)
Man United (H)
Liverpool (A)
Palace (H)
Villa (A)
Brentford (H)
Leeds (A)

How do people see this playing out? I think we have to be looking at a 8/9 point gap to give us a buffer by Saudi Sportswashing Machine and then we potentially set up for a nice run at the end. Obviously lots to play and lots to happen

Sat 18/3 Southampton (H)

International break

Mon 3/4 Everton (A)

Sat 8/4 Brighton (H)

Sat 15/4 Bournemouth (H)

Sun 23/4 Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)
Thur 27/4 Man United (H)
Sun 30/4 Liverpool (A)

Sat 6/5 Palace (H)

Sat 13/5 Villa (A)

Sat 20/5 Brentford (H)

Sun 28/5 Leeds (A)

3 toughest games on paper against rivals for top 4 of course coming within a week of eachother - come out the other side of those in a good position and you'd expect that we get the job done.

Last edited:
Sat 18/3 Southampton (H)

International break

Mon 3/4 Everton (A)

Sat 8/4 Brighton (H)

Sat 15/4 Bournemouth (H)

Sun 23/4 Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)
Thur 27/4 Man United (H)
Sun 30/4 Liverpool (A)

Sat 6/5 Palace (H)

Sat 13/5 Villa (A)

Sat 20/5 Brentford (H)

Sun 28/5 Leeds (A)

3 toughest games on paper against rivals for top 4 of course coming within a week - come out the other side of those 3 games in a good position and you'd expect that we get the job done.
It’s also a period where I’d we don’t lose they don’t gain. Key is not losing those games for me

Add in United because 3rd is still a possibility.

Mad saying that given no ones too pleased with our season
Potentially, can't see them having another brain fart like last Sunday though but going deep in EL might go against them

I imagine like most supporters want us to qualify for CL as it brings cash to club, improves clubs image/standing in world game and helps recruitment.
If we don't qualify I'd rather miss out on European football, this might give us a better opportunity to give domestic cups greater focus and allow more preparation and rest for league games.

Bill Nicholson's quote about being in Europe was made at a time when only winners were playing in Europe, no place for runners up in the Latvian league or Maltesse cup winners. In our first year in Europe we played 8 games and reached semis the following year we played 7 and won cup and we did not enter the league cup.

Being out of Europe is not a bad thing if you can capitalize on the time it gives you to go all out in domestic games.

Just gone through predicting the results and this is my take on the final positions and points

3, Man Utd 76
4, Spurs 75
5, Liverpool 71
6/7/8, Saudi Sportswashing Machine 60

It is pointless trying to predict 12 lots of fixtures....but I did it anyway.

As mentioned in another thread I reckon we can win possibly 3 of the next 4 to put us right on United's coat-tails before 'the big week'. My worst-case scenario then has us losing all 3 before finishing with 2 home wins 2 away draws

I have us finishing 6th on 65pts behind Toon in 4th and Liverpool 5th..Had City winning the title on GD on 92pts (that would be sweet, especially if it were by 1 goal)

Leeds, Forest and Soton going down with 6 teams in contention for the last relegation place on the final day

Just gone through predicting the results and this is my take on the final positions and points

3, Man Utd 76
4, Spurs 75
5, Liverpool 71
6/7/8, Saudi Sportswashing Machine 60

You're way more confident than me by the sounds of it for that nightmare week

The similarities between this season and last, for us, are huge for me

looked at the fixtures last night and a lot of the teams around us are going to have mid week catch up fixtures which potentially causes a knock on for their weekend games too

Add in cup games for a few and we will be resting, just like conte likes it (not how we as fans do)

that has to help us

Back