• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

On a day that it's all going wrong over at the scumirates, my son asked me who the old man was that they were interviewing on TV....I told him but he must have misheard me, and thought that the manager of the scum was Martin Finger...which I thought was pretty fun and quite apt!

Gomes, an unused substitute on Sunday, told ESPN Brasil: “It is the best time to play Arsenal and we came to the match very confident.

“When you see Arsenal playing against big teams, they look like a small team. They don’t look like winning a title soon.

“We knew once we had the ball we’d be able to pass it around since Arsenal gives you too much space. They are not strong defensively.”

The implosion of Arsenal fans and the civil war that has broken out within their fanbase is not really about Wenger (although our manager looks the nuts, yours looks old) and the good/bad performances of their team.

It's our fault. They might not think it, and would deride me for suggesting it, but i guarantee that underneath the surface of their flaky skin it's eating away at them.

Wengers taken them along these paths before, it's nothing new.

What is new, is 'sh*t Tottenham', the 'lorded over Tottenham'. The new 'how are they f*cking doing this Tottenham'. 'We're better than them', 'so how is this f*cking happening Tottenham'.

Sometimes the shadow looms large and the days you never thought you'd see are staring at you in full view. It's unacceptable. It's unpalatable. 'It cannot be anything they're doing, it must be us and our soppy manager'.

Well the two NLD's were all square. In days gone by we'd be dead grateful for that, at this point in time we're gutted.

Im not saying they're is a power shift, all i'm saying is we're not sh*t. And deep down you know it, it's eating away at you, you have no mechanism to process what is happening.

I thought the fight might be with us, but hilariously it's amongst yourselves....................perfection.

We've been here before with Arsenal, they get spanked and go out of the first knock-out stage of the CL, after a fixture congested time of the season where they lose against some lesser teams as well, and we all think they are done. Then they win 8 out of the last 9 games or something stupid and ensure that they can do the same thing again next season.

We've been here before with Arsenal, they get spanked and go out of the first knock-out stage of the CL, after a fixture congested time of the season where they lose against some lesser teams as well, and we all think they are done. Then they win 8 out of the last 9 games or something stupid and ensure that they can do the same thing again next season.

Exactly. This weekend though could be massive, a win for us and loss for them at Arsenal would give us a much better cushion to take into April.
I do fear them getting a erection inducing win at Goodison and going on 'one of those runs'

It happens every season.

They will win at the Nou Camp 2-1 and then use it to inspire them for the rest of the season.

I think that the best chance they have of drawing us in is if we spend our time looking over our shoulder rather than at what is in front of us.

TalkSport actually made a good case for it being a two-horse race now.

They rightly pointed out If Leciester only won two more games, that would be 69pts, meaning Arsenal would have to win 6 out of the last 9.

Can see them getting more than 6pts, 9pts at the minimum. Even allowing for their usual late season surge, I cant see them getting 20pts from 9 that includes City,West Ham and Everton away

lets just hope wenger stays there next season

I'm not sure .. Wenger seems to have found a ceiling with that side, just good enough for CL place, just good enough to compete, win odd domestic cup.

While a great manager and a budget to go with it could make them legitimate challengers again, alternatively they could do a united and struggle massively with the transition from a manager who has been core component of every decision in the club for 2+ decades.

I actually think the odds of them joining the struggles of United/Pool are much higher than the odds of the next manager improving their league position.

I certainly think it's in our interests long-term if Wenger stays...with their resources they really should have been doing better these last few years but his stubbornness (in multiple ways) holds them back.

Which is fudging GREAT, no matter what @Neymar says:D

I think they'll continue to stick with Wenger for as long as he keeps them in the upper reaches of the table or until he decides he's had enough. They'll remember the scare they had after they got rid of Graham and be too concerned about disturbing the status quo.

Indeed; however the pressure that Wenger will be feeling over the next few weeks (esp if they lose limply tonight) might make things come to a head: he's feeling pressure now that other managers have had to get used to (not least Spurs managers, who haven't usually had the media eating out their hands) and i don't think he can handle it...

I think they'll continue to stick with Wenger for as long as he keeps them in the upper reaches of the table or until he decides he's had enough. They'll remember the scare they had after they got rid of Graham and be too concerned about disturbing the status quo.

They are scared brickless about what 'might' happen if Wenger goes! It is the 'only' or main reason he is still manager. They see what has happened at Old Trafford and it's not surprising they are bricking it!

^^ ... although the reality is it probably could never hurt them as badly as if we'd ousted them from the CL when they were in the midst of their most constrained period of spending, which is why as long as I live, nobody will ever really convince me that Lasagne-gate was all just our bad luck.

Back