• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

I wonder if Wenger's patience with Coquelin is coming to an end...

3-1 goal from Herrera yesterday Coquelin was sucked into the area leaving Herrera in about an acre of space when there really weren't that many United players to pick up in the area. Could see Wenger pointing fingers and looking angry-ish right after, looked like he was making that point. Coquelin was swiftly removed and Elneny was brought on...

Seemed like a strange sub anyway. They didn't have a lot of attacking options on the bench, but replacing your DM for a DM short on match fitness when you're looking to chase the game with 15-20 minutes left seems weird to me.

Then again. Without the quality of Verts and Toby in other areas of defending they might have found other avenues of attack.

Wimmer does look stronger than Verts, but Verts deals with bigger players really well. Makes smart decisions on when to challenge and when not too, how much of a shirt pull he can get away with, when to back into a duel and ignore the ball. Dawson would win more headers, but he would also outright lose more headers as he flat out challenged for more headers. Hopefully Wimmer will be smart and not just big and strong on Saturday...
Elneny is like Denilson with a wig.

From a gooner at work (I love reading their thoughts at times like this)

Watched the bulk of the United game, and if we play with the abject disinterest we did on Sunday against Swansea on Thursday then we're screwed before we even get to the NLD.

Never said it before, but not sure Wenger can go on if we completely drop our bundle this season.

Typical Arsenal fan. Type of person that developed a passing interest in football in the their late teens because it became cool.
I mean "watched the bulk of the united game"? Wtf else were they doing at the time?
And the entitled prick talk about the player's "disinterest" without any fudging irony.
Or course they'd be there for a Cup final.

Some really sad, sad news from The Guardian:

Santi Cazorla has suffered a setback in his recovery from knee ligament surgery, with Arsène Wenger saying the Arsenal midfielder had felt a reaction in his achilles.

Jack Wheelchair, too, continues to make slow progress in his fight to come back from the fractured fibula that has wrecked his season and he has effectively been ruled out until April, meaning he will miss the England internationals at the end of this month against Germany and Holland.

From a gooner at work (I love reading their thoughts at times like this)

Watched the bulk of the United game, and if we play with the abject disinterest we did on Sunday against Swansea on Thursday then we're screwed before we even get to the NLD.

Never said it before, but not sure Wenger can go on if we completely drop our bundle this season.

Slightly worrying thing is that this seems like exactly the kind of situation that they've bounced back from quite strongly so many times in the last 5-10 years. Just when things are looking dark for Wenger and the fans are starting to turn against him and just perhaps his days are numbered as his "just about par" performances have dropped too far below what can be considered par for them... That's when they find some form and turn it around. Time and time again. It's usually been just about enough to get them to CL qualification and a decent standard, last couple of years even a cup win. But in this crazy season a bounceback like that might be enough to win the title.

They need a good spanking on Saturday to keep that from happening.

Playing a Swansea side tonight, that has 6 changes compared to the lineup on sunday at WHL.

Cant really blame Swansea though; their game on saturday against Norwich is much more important to them.

From that scum forum:

some gooner clamfunnel said:
I'm sure Usmanov is laughing his @ss off at what is happening to the club atm.

We have utterly fallen. I stopped watching us play after Chelsea game. Just couldn't take it anymore.

Can't get angry with a manager and a team that doesn't give a fvck. Concentrating on other things is more important then wasting time of these idiots.

But I still can't take the angry out of me. I feel like going to the club and screaming my @ss off. I don't care if I cry while I do that. I just want them to hear me. Just hear me say I hate them and will kick the cvnts out if I could. Each and every one of them. Go in their faces and scream at them to leave the club.

I'm so p1ssed even after not watching. I JUST WANT THESE MOTHERFVCKERS TO LEAVE.

:D:D:D

I want us to smash 'em. Especially Phlegm-mini. When else is a good time to do it ? Leave them in the wake of our dust as we keep pushing up.

Biggest. NLD. Everrr.

Whoever made this is definitely a virgin, but...

Mental.Strength.FOREX.png

Not to mention how he killed Bowie with his goal on January 9th and then Alan Rickman with his strike just a few days later. Murderer!

Back