• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

I certainly think it's in our interests long-term if Wenger stays...with their resources they really should have been doing better these last few years but his stubbornness (in multiple ways) holds them back.

Which is fudgeing GREAT, no matter what @Neymar says:D

This Amy Lawrence article on the closeness of Wenger and Kroenke and why everything has gone to brick down the road might give some comfort to anyone worried that Arsenal will start spending when Wenger goes.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/mar/15/arsenal-stan-kroenke-arsene-wenger

I'm hoping all the back-patting that is going on regarding their good/decent performance will lull them into thinking they should "carry on as normal" when they play Everton and they get complacent.

If they been well and truly pummelled yesterday i'd have been far more worried that Everton will feel a backlash as they like to "prove people wrong" when they get a big load of flak. It's better that the flak is steady but drip-drip instead of constant laughing after a 5-1/4-0 battering

I'm hoping all the back-patting that is going on regarding their good/decent performance will lull them into thinking they should "carry on as normal" when they play Everton and they get complacent.

If they been well and truly pummelled yesterday i'd have been far more worried that Everton will feel a backlash as they like to "prove people wrong" when they get a big load of flak. It's better that the flak is steady but drip-drip instead of constant laughing after a 5-1/4-0 battering

Are they happy with last night? Barcelona barely got out of first gear over both legs and beat them comfortably.

Tbf, most fans are still disgruntled because it's 6 years deja-vu...however the narrative Wenger and some fans are reciting is that they played reasonably well and had more shots.
Which is true, but irrelevant as Barca were in third gear and cruising anyhow.
As i say, i hope Wenger and the players have that mindset as they'll be more likely to carry on as they have been: that is, 3 league wins in 2016...

I was just thinking about the "Wenger, why doesn't he spend" situation at L'Arse; could it be that actually he is helping to cover the board because of ongoing financial issues?
Question to others on GG who are heavily involved in corporate finances: when and why would a business list amounts of cash as "Reserves"?
Why list "Reserves" in such a way? Do Bayern do such a thing? Did Manure do so pre-Glazers?

And so it begins.
It seems after every return NLD they go on one of those runs to end the season on a high.
Okay its only been one win at Everton so far, but at look at their remaining fixtures tells me they are very much a threat to 2nd spot
Watford h
West Ham a
Palace h
WBA h
Sunderland a
Norwich h
Emirates Marketing Project a
Villa h
There is a strong possibility of them getting 18pts from that lot, maybe even 20pts. Doubt that would be enough to win the league, unless Leicester show relegation form over their last 7 matches, but despite the glee from some over their current plight, we still have a tough ask to finally finish over above them.
That late goal in the NLD could end up being the difference on that score

Yep agreed, I expect Arsenal to go on a run now, I had thought Everton might get something off them but didn't work out that way.

They'll beat watford, palace, WBA, Norwich and villa at a canter, the others may be more tricky but they'll pick up some points from them.

We just can't let our form drop, win the games we should and hope to get something from pool and Chelsea.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-star-jack-Wheelchair-facing-7681242

Leopards can't change their spots

Its going to hurt, but I am going to cheer West Ham all the way next saturday. I will be mightily p#ssed off if they dont show the same level of intensity that they did against us. We badly need a favour off them next week to dent the Arsenal momentum that is building

Jack Wheelchair has denied he was involved in an alleged assault after a video emerged seemingly showing the Arsenal midfielder being questioned by police in the early hours of Sunday morning.

The 24-year-old was reportedly questioned by officers after being thrown out of the Café de Paris nightclub in central London.

The Daily Mirror alleges Wheelchair became involved in an argument shortly before 2am that spilled out onto the street. It is also claimed a man said to be a nightclub promoter accused Wheelchair of hitting him.

It has also published a video that appeared to show Wheelchair hiding behind bins before speaking to police, while onlookers plead with him: “Jack, don’t get nicked.”

However, Wheelchair is thought to have told Arsenal that he denies any allegation of assault, and the club consider the incident to be a private matter.

Neither the club nor the player have made an official statement on the allegations.

The accusations come just days after Wheelchair returned to training following his recovery from a fractured fibula. The midfielder has not played since suffering the injury during pre-season, and he returned to full training only on Friday.

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger also said on Friday that he expected Wheelchair to challenge for a place in England’s Euro 2016 squad this summer. England manager Roy Hodgson has stated that he will take Wheelchair to the tournament in France if he proves his fitness and Wenger backed him to do so during the final weeks of the season.

The Frenchman also claimed it would not be a gamble to pick Wheelchair, who scored two goals in the Euro 2016 qualifier against Slovenia on his last competitive appearance for either club or country last June.

“If he’s completely fit, no [it is not a gamble for Hodgson to select Wheelchair],” said Wenger.

“When you’re a national team coach, you can take a gamble on one player but certainly not on five.

“He has to consider the whole situation. You can certainly take a chance on just one player.

“It’s very important for his confidence that he can go to the Euros and he can play.

“It’s also important to have a player of his quality available. I’m cautious with him now but to be back fully competitive, it will take a few weeks.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-hiding-behind-bins-as-he-refutes-assault-al/

Can you imagine an alternative reality where a player of his stature had been doping and dropped from the team until he cleaned himself up.

The news broke that players had been doping and it all got too much for our young hero. He ended up going out, getting drunk and having a scrap.

Jack Wheelchair has denied he was involved in an alleged assault after a video emerged seemingly showing the Arsenal midfielder being questioned by police in the early hours of Sunday morning.

The 24-year-old was reportedly questioned by officers after being thrown out of the Café de Paris nightclub in central London.

The Daily Mirror alleges Wheelchair became involved in an argument shortly before 2am that spilled out onto the street. It is also claimed a man said to be a nightclub promoter accused Wheelchair of hitting him.

It has also published a video that appeared to show Wheelchair hiding behind bins before speaking to police, while onlookers plead with him: “Jack, don’t get nicked.”

However, Wheelchair is thought to have told Arsenal that he denies any allegation of assault, and the club consider the incident to be a private matter.

Neither the club nor the player have made an official statement on the allegations.

The accusations come just days after Wheelchair returned to training following his recovery from a fractured fibula. The midfielder has not played since suffering the injury during pre-season, and he returned to full training only on Friday.

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger also said on Friday that he expected Wheelchair to challenge for a place in England’s Euro 2016 squad this summer. England manager Roy Hodgson has stated that he will take Wheelchair to the tournament in France if he proves his fitness and Wenger backed him to do so during the final weeks of the season.

The Frenchman also claimed it would not be a gamble to pick Wheelchair, who scored two goals in the Euro 2016 qualifier against Slovenia on his last competitive appearance for either club or country last June.

“If he’s completely fit, no [it is not a gamble for Hodgson to select Wheelchair],” said Wenger.

“When you’re a national team coach, you can take a gamble on one player but certainly not on five.

“He has to consider the whole situation. You can certainly take a chance on just one player.

“It’s very important for his confidence that he can go to the Euros and he can play.

“It’s also important to have a player of his quality available. I’m cautious with him now but to be back fully competitive, it will take a few weeks.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-hiding-behind-bins-as-he-refutes-assault-al/

He really is a thick chav isn't he! I'm not saying footballers should be monks who stay in all day and night and never go out, but when you have not played 1 minute all season, surely it is common sense to NOT go out until 2am and give people the excuse to have a pop at you. He may not have even been in the wrong, but why chance it?

Overatted chav with little man syndrome.

Back