• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It can work both ways. A lot of clubs really need to sell - because they're already in debt, because they've spent on new players and need to free up space in the 25 man squad, or because they need at least to be seen to be making efforts to conform to FFP.

True, but I'd imagine some of those clubs would have done that already during the now nearly 2 month old window, not to mention I would like to think we are trying to sign players from very good/big clubs who participate in the CL often and aren't that financially weak.

Then again, I know as much about our targets as the ITK lot do, sod all.

Desperation crept in ages ago :(

A lot of clubs are in a similar position to us. Several deals need to be made but they are contingent on other deals by them or other clubs. Our angst will be shared by others.

We need a striker - ideally Ade plus one more and moving Defoe out, not because he's a bad player but because he isn't suited to how we want to play.

We need a Modric replacement.

We need a goalkeeper.

Depending on if Gio can fit into the side and if AVB rates him, some cover for Bale and Lennon wouldn't go a miss either. If AVB thinks he can get performances out of Gio, I'd be happy with him and Townsend as cover.

Can we do all that? I can kind of see why people are worried now. Back in 2005, people thought for sure we would get a big name striker in. We'd never leave it till the last minute and get someone not up to scratch. Only we then got Raziak in to the bemusement of everyone.

Back in 2008, there was absolutely no way that we'd let Berbatov go and not have him properly replaced. Of course we bring in Frazier Campbell.

I can see why people are worried now, because it's happened before. I understand all the business, financial reasons why we conduct our business the way we do, but we have shown before it won't all be ok in the end. Levy seems to think other clubs think the way we do, and if we leave it late, they will just be forced to sell. But often they don't have replacements lined up themselves, and the whole thing is then a complete waste of time.

We can potentially get Ade and Modric sorted in the next day or so. So that's ticked off. I just hope we don't dingdong around with what else we need because this could be a special squad under a special manager if he is backed correctly.

Who is Nir Biton?

Andre Villas-Boas is ready to bolster his Tottenham squad with a surprise move for Nir Biton after inviting the Israel midfielder to White Hart Lane for
talks.

Biton was expected to join Emirates Marketing Project, after impressing their coaching staff during a trial at The Etihad Stadium, and has also attracted interest from Everton and Aston Villa.

But Tottenham appear to have seized the initiative, after Biton and FC Ashdod owner Jacky Ben-Zaken flew to London to discuss a deal and make sure there were no problems over a work permit.

Though City were considering a loan move for Biton, Ashdod are short of funds and want to negotiate a permanent deal for a player who has been likened to former Arsenal favourite Patrick Vieira for his midfield athleticism.

I have some ITK.

Sunderland have made an approach to take Danny Rose on loan.

who is left back for sunderland?

Richardson.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...richardson-requests-to-leave-the-club?cc=5739

Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill has confirmed that defender Kieran Richardson has stated his desire to leave the club.

Richardson, 27, joined the Wearsiders from Manchester United in 2007 for a fee of £5.5 million but now wants a change of scenery.

Speaking to the Sunderland Echo, O'Neill said: "Kieran came to see me in the transfer window and for family issues and what have you, he thought maybe a change would suit him."

O'Neill praised Richardson's performance after Sunderland's 0-0 draw at Arsenal on Saturday - and confirmed the club have not yet received an offer, despite reports that West Ham and QPR were interested in the player.

"It's been ongoing but no-one has come in and made an offer. Naturally, if he plays like that I'd like to keep him," O'Neill said. "On Saturday I thought he was splendid for us."

Elsewhere Sunderland have been linked with a move for full-back Ivan Strinic. Reports at the weekend claimed that the Wearsiders had submitted an offer of £5 million for the 25-year old.

It's believed FC Dnipro would want more that that for the Croatia international, but that a deal could still happen.

Why do agents always seem to talk in questions? I guess it's the way the article has been pieced together but it's been a real trend. 'Inter? There possibility is there...' etc.

because you cant be great without proving it across a big stage would be my answer. same way that bale actually needed more than one year of showcasing his talent but also had to take it to europe and get the world to see

great talent is one thing, great player bonafide is another. i mean what has he done outside italy....? infact what has he done inside italy that makes him a great player? can you even say what he's good at and what he's bad at?

there are so many questions that need answering before people can claim someone is a great player as opposed to a great talent

All this is in your opinion of course african? Surely a player is only as great as the team he plays in?
For me Ledley was once a great player, he had it all but sadly would never reach "your" definition of great because of where he played and got injured in his prime.
It's all subjective and the last time I looked posters on here were free to give their opinion.

Can one of you kindly tell me why it seems any significant transfer dealings this window "appear" to depend on the Modric deal being finalised?

Does it mean with out that deal there is very little money in the kitty for transfers?

If so what would have happened if Modric was happy to stay this summer, where would we get our transfer budget from?

We paid £8m for him so if Levy is expecting to get something similar back I think he'll be disappointed. His stock must have fallen massively from his very poor spell at Wolves last season.

Can one of you kindly tell me why it seems any significant transfer dealings this window "appear" to depend on the Modric deal being finalised?

Does it mean with out that deal there is very little money in the kitty for transfers?

If so what would have happened if Modric was happy to stay this summer, where would we get our transfer budget from?

It is an interesting question. AVB has suggested the is a link between Modric and our lack of incoming activity, but it remains to be seen if it is just about finances. Would be shocked if we had no money aside from what Modric deal brings in. Then again considering how this window has gone I wouldn't be shocked by anything, wasn't all Harry after all.

We paid £8m for him so if Levy is expecting to get something similar back I think he'll be disappointed. His stock must have fallen massively from his very poor spell at Wolves last season.

Im hoping for something like 5, similiar cut to what we saw with Corluka

Back