• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Still, doesn't change the fact that Jovetic is a great player. Don't know why you feel otherwise.

because you cant be great without proving it across a big stage would be my answer. same way that bale actually needed more than one year of showcasing his talent but also had to take it to europe and get the world to see

great talent is one thing, great player bonafide is another. i mean what has he done outside italy....? infact what has he done inside italy that makes him a great player? can you even say what he's good at and what he's bad at?

there are so many questions that need answering before people can claim someone is a great player as opposed to a great talent

Still, doesn't change the fact that Jovetic is a great player. Don't know why you feel otherwise.

A very good player, yes, a great player, hell no. Xavi is a great player, Modric is a great player, Silva is a great player, Ronaldo is a great player, Messi is triffic.

A very good player, yes, a great player, hell no. Xavi is a great player, Modric is a great player, Silva is a great player, Ronaldo is a great player, Messi is triffic.

Well, where do you draw the line between a very good player and a great player? I'd consider Xavi, Modric, Silva, Ronaldo and Messi as world class, and Jovetic as a great player.

Well, where do you draw the line between a very good player and a great player? I'd consider Xavi, Modric, Silva, Ronaldo and Messi as world class, and Jovetic as a great player.

Let's put it this way, whatever line you have drawn, he's on the underside of it.

because you cant be great without proving it across a big stage would be my answer. same way that bale actually needed more than one year of showcasing his talent but also had to take it to europe and get the world to see

great talent is one thing, great player bonafide is another. i mean what has he done outside italy....? infact what has he done inside italy that makes him a great player? can you even say what he's good at and what he's bad at?

there are so many questions that need answering before people can claim someone is a great player as opposed to a great talent

Well, didn't Jovetic almost singlehandedly win games against Liverpool and Bayern Munich some years ago? Wasn't he like 19 then?

What I mean is that players who at that age already are playing an important part in a very good team usually don't fizzle away. Of course he could come to England and flop, many have done that before, but then this becomes a discussion about if we should ever gamble on someone who hasn't played in the PL.

I guess only time will tell if he's a great player or just a great talent. If he goes to another english club I hope he proves me wrong ;)

when will it be panic buy time?

We have 11 days to sign some pretty important key elements to the squad, selling clubs know this because we have made it blatantly obvious. Therefore I can see some very long winded negotiations and expensive fee's coming our way, the time for panic buying will soon be upon us.

We have 11 days to sign some pretty important key elements to the squad, selling clubs know this because we have made it blatantly obvious. Therefore I can see some very long winded negotiations and expensive fee's coming our way, the time for panic buying will soon be upon us.

There's already a high degree of panic in this thread.

It can work both ways. A lot of clubs really need to sell - because they're already in debt, because they've spent on new players and need to free up space in the 25 man squad, or because they need at least to be seen to be making efforts to conform to FFP.

Back