• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mirror football on twitter saying
City are looking to hijack the leandro
deal.
No surprise there then !

Going back to last season, I remember talking to a friend of mine who had travelled up to London (from Manchester) the morning after Vertonghen had played at OT. My friend is a Emirates Marketing Project ST holder (who "did" support them when they were poor!) and she said that a certain ex-manager of ours was on the same train as her. This ex-manager of ours' and Mancini had been at OT the night before watching JV.

We all know how the JV saga turned out, so let's hope that Leandro decides that he would like to spend some quality time with our Sandro!? [-o<

Going back to last season, I remember talking to a friend of mine who had travelled up to London (from Manchester) the morning after Vertonghen had played at OT. My friend is a Emirates Marketing Project ST holder (who "did" support them when they were poor!) and she said that a certain ex-manager of ours was on the same train as her. This ex-manager of ours' and Mancini had been at OT the night before watching JV.

We all know how the JV saga turned out, so let's hope that Leandro decides that he would like to spend some quality time with our Sandro!? [-o<

I think the Sandro factor will be huge. I also have to think that IF there is ANY truth in being interested in Cesar, then it would be perhaps linked? Who knows? I'd say Sandro's a big factor though...

Not ITK but my feeling is that Ade will sign either before the opening game or at least by deadline.

I reckon it's all been agreed in principle but because he is earning more there than we are paying (say £175k vs £75k) it's in his interests to stay there as long as possible. My guess is we asked for the transfer to be completed a couple months ago and that they should pay him the difference (e.g. 9 weeks x £100k/wk up to say end of August = £900k) upfront, but they refused to play ball so we said we would wait it out. We're probably relaxed about not getting him in early as he already knows the club etc

My 2p for what it's worth.

Not ITK but my feeling is that Ade will sign either before the opening game or at least by deadline.

I reckon it's all been agreed in principle but because he is earning more there than we are paying (say £175k vs £75k) it's in his interests to stay there as long as possible. My guess is we asked for the transfer to be completed a couple months ago and that they should pay him the difference (e.g. 9 weeks x £100k/wk up to say end of August = £900k) upfront, but they refused to play ball so we said we would wait it out. We're probably relaxed about not getting him in early as he already knows the club etc

My 2p for what it's worth.

That's an excellent thought, hadn't considered that at all. Very plausible.

Yeh I remember reading about it years ago and that it came from the House of Commons hence why they say it now, but if you think about it it could be both ways. Hear hear as in Im hearing you, or here here as in over here, im listening to you. meh. you were right

interestingly, you don't need to use 'why' after 'hence' as hence just means 'therefore'.

interestingly, you don't need to use 'why' after 'hence' as hence just means 'therefore'.

So where does hence come from originally?

Travelled down to London from Manchester surely. No?

Bored! :-k

sign tello from barca on a loan, sign affellay and DS from chelsea. Move Bale to CF and we're sorted. easy signing and let loose Bale on CB and watch him double, triple his goal tally.

Tello always seems to have the same trick when I see him play. Works one time out of every eight. Not saying he's not going to develop in to a quality player, but Townsend pretty much has the same thing going on so we may as well stick with him as we've already got him signed up

Affelay would be quality though. The search for a winger has been put on the backburners because of the Modric fudgeabout and striker search. Even if we manage to get a player as good as Modric, and a striker who does as well as Ade did, that still won't be enough, without Lennon and Bale firing on all cylinders we were fairly toss. Neeeeed another good winger imo, or a right wing forward in AVB land or whatever.

Back