• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tello always seems to have the same trick when I see him play. Works one time out of every eight. Not saying he's not going to develop in to a quality player, but Townsend pretty much has the same thing going on so we may as well stick with him as we've already got him signed up

Affelay would be quality though. The search for a winger has been put on the backburners because of the Modric fudgeabout and striker search. Even if we manage to get a player as good as Modric, and a striker who does as well as Ade did, that still won't be enough, without Lennon and Bale firing on all cylinders we were fairly toss. Neeeeed another good winger imo, or a right wing forward in AVB land or whatever.

So we are now comparing Townsend with someone who featured a number of times for Barca last season?

The same Gio who is a class above Townsend who is vastly overrated on here?

I don't even rate Townsend. Where have I said that I rate Townsend?

I'm not even sure what your argument is here fella.

Townsend is incomparable to Tello because he plays for Barcelona?

Does that make Kyle Walker incomparable to Faubert because he used to play for Real Madrid?

I don't even rate Townsend. Where have I said that I rate Townsend?

I'm not even sure what your argument is here fella.

Townsend is incomparable to Tello because he plays for Barcelona?

Does that make Kyle Walker incomparable to Faubert because he used to play for Real Madrid?

My bad i was supposed to quote the comment above.

sign tello from barca on a loan, sign affellay and DS from chelsea. Move Bale to CF and we're sorted. easy signing and let loose Bale on CB and watch him double, triple his goal tally.

You clearly Haven't watched. Any matches where bale was given a free role last season then. He was absolutely brick at coming through the ,middle, which he tried a lot but was totally ineffectual at doing. BAle as a striker, we would be truly fudged

Last edited:
Az4e6-sCMAEQt_Z.png

Medical tomorrow.

Half time against Valencia.

Just wanted to say that if AVB really thinks Jenas and Livermore is a better central duo in his setup than one involving Huddlestone then we need to buy at least one central ball playing midfielder in addition to one to replace Modric if he does leave.

We can't have just one central midfielder who is effective bringing the ball forward in our squad that the manager is happy with using, one injury and we would be in a lot of trouble.

Half time against Valencia.

Just wanted to say that if AVB really thinks Jenas and Livermore is a better central duo in his setup than one involving Huddlestone then we need to buy at least one central ball playing midfielder in addition to one to replace Modric if he does leave.

We can't have just one central midfielder who is effective bringing the ball forward in our squad that the manager is happy with using, one injury and we would be in a lot of trouble.

Hopefully, we are just treating Hudd with kid gloves during pre-season and taking things gently because he's coming back from a long lay off

Hopefully, we are just treating Hudd with kid gloves during pre-season and taking things gently because he's coming back from a long lay off

I'm crossing all of my fingers and in addition a couple of toes that this is the case. Also trying to go cross-eyed, but not succeeding so far and slightly worried that if I succeed I won't be able to go back.

He's coming back from two seasons of us fudging his fitness up, he's not going to make an immediate impact but as the season progresses I think he can do some good

Was not aware that Valencia had picked up Gago for just €3.5m, they also signed Canales for about €7.5m, that's £2.8m and £6m respectively. In Premier League terms Gago cost less than an unwanted, want-away Pienaar, and less than a fifth of the reported Joe Allen fee. I know both have had their injury problems, but still!

Football Writer (AH) ‏@Journo_London
Have news on Modric and Hugo Lloris in the next few minutes. #Spurs#THFC #ITK

I am not blaming AVB actually more blaming Levy as he has history of this (then again I could be harsh as AVB may not have given Levy some names of player she needs) BUT one thing is for certain we need to strengthen and fudging quick.

I am even prepared to lower my expectations now. I dont care about Ade I would be fudging happy with a Fletcher. I dont want Moutinhp id be fudging happy with an Anderson.

We just need to fudging strengthen.

The thing is I dont even think its players too, I just think our players do not seem to know what theyre doing. Its a bit deja vu with AVB at chelscum but we will see in due course.

Back