• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Football Writer (AH) ‏@Journo_London

No shock that Andy #Carroll hasn't cup tied himself tonight. #spurs move by the weekend #THFC #LFC #ITK

Ah, yes, please, let's get Andy fudging Carroll. We're guaranteed goals then! fudge, damn, ass, hope that's not true, and if it is, that we're at least getting one more striker in.

If we sign Carroll I might have to consider not watching us this season to avoid wanting to kill myself.

I called the Andy Carroll transfer three weeks ago. I think its a bit of an obvious signing and fits in with what Levy would want i.e. cheap option.

I wouldnt believe that joker guy tho

I would rather Carroll than nothing. Much of our best play comes from our wide players so to have a beast in the box then we've got a far better chance of converting some of those chances than the crosses sailing over Defoe's head.

andy fudging carrol. i know it's only LIE-TK, but brick someone wake me up next transfer window when we have a new manager and a fresh slate? when the fudge are we going to actually replace berbatov? i mean really, this is getting ridiculous.. LEEEVVVYY!! (shakes fist, gives shifty eyes)

The guy is a joke. Been poo poo'ed by the usual ITKs.

Football Writer (AH) @Journo_London

#THFC have accepted an offer from #Real for #Modric tonight. £32 mil. #MUFC had £35 mil refused this afternoon.
Hugo #Lloris has agreed to join #Spurs. Confirmed by the weekend. #Butland agreed terms last week. Stays at B'Ham on loan. #THFC #ITK
See my TL - lots happening over the coming days. 4 ins and #Modric to go minimum. #Carroll #Lloris deals already in place. #THFC #LFC #ITK

The guy is a joke. Been poo poo'ed by the usual ITKs.

Football Writer (AH) @Journo_London

#THFC have accepted an offer from #Real for #Modric tonight. £32 mil. #MUFC had £35 mil refused this afternoon.
Hugo #Lloris has agreed to join #Spurs. Confirmed by the weekend. #Butland agreed terms last week. Stays at B'Ham on loan. #THFC #ITK
See my TL - lots happening over the coming days. 4 ins and #Modric to go minimum. #Carroll #Lloris deals already in place. #THFC #LFC #ITK

hahahaha funny guy this guy is

20m on keepers? hmmmm

Carroll is a decent player, just not a 35mil one. At the right price he's worth a gamble. Cannot see Liverpool letting us take him on loan, lose-lose situation for them there. Far more likely they would cut a loss and send him back home, or force his hand and make him go to West Ham.

Yes, players that are trouble off the pitch can very rarely, if ever, perform consistently over a season. On top of that, he was utter brick last season. Wouldn't even be an upgrade on Crouch, in my opinion.

crouch was actually (dare i say it) decent for stoke last season, shat all over carroll..

i am calming myself by thinking back to AVB being asked if we were interested in signing carroll early in the window, and he responded with something like; 'he isn't a player we'd be looking at signing'

don't allow it AVB..

Times saying we have offered one of Gomes, Gio or Gallas for Cesar. Hope that is not true.

But on the Levy issue he has form in these transfer games. The modric situation is a continuing blight, and it really seems like we dont have any money or at least he doesnt want to spend it (perhaps the cesar move would be indicative of that?). If we don't spend real money then we will certainly slip behind those around us who have bought well, and we will be entirely right to ask what the point of getting AVB was.

Villas-Boas: "I’m not sure of Liverpool’s intentions on Andy Carroll but it’s certainly not a player we are looking for." ‪

Don't make me regret believing in you mr. Villas-Boas! Grrrr!!!

Villas-Boas: "I’m not sure of Liverpool’s intentions on Andy Carroll but it’s certainly not a player we are looking for." ‪

Don't make me regret believing in you mr. Villas-Boas! Grrrr!!!

Lol. GHod help us but I am pretty sure this one won't happen. Saying that I was sure when we got AVB we were going to start playing with the big boys, then I woke up.

Back