• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nope POTL is allegedly Lennon, Huddlestone and Naughton's agent. It's why he is always spot on with team news on a Friday, but knows bugger all about transfers unless it involves one of his players.

The source for that info on POTL is another ITK so it can't be true.

But Milner is a premier league medal winner and he was not a first teamer last season. Damiao would still become a prem medal winner if he went there and they won the league. I think footballers would rather play at a team at the top of the league and in the Champions League than a team in the Europa League and not fighting for the title week in week out.... oh and the fact City could give him £150 minimum whereas we couldnt.

however, its just speculation so dont worry about it just yet I'd say.

True - but I guess it's all about how much you feel a part of it. I always wonder how players like Victor Valdes must feel about his Euro 2012 or World Cup medals. Sure they were part of the squad but it must feel a little hollow in the cold light of day.

I know the PL is different in that you need 10 appearances to get a medal but I would rather be playing week in week out and earning 30% less. Especially when that could still be 60-70k a week!

Well, twitter seems to be making a round of 'Press conference to be held at 4PM' do people not realise we're in Spain? People are becoming REALLY desperate now!

True - but I guess it's all about how much you feel a part of it. I always wonder how players like Victor Valdes must feel about his Euro 2012 or World Cup medals. Sure they were part of the squad but it must feel a little hollow in the cold light of day.

I know the PL is different in that you need 10 appearances to get a medal but I would rather be playing week in week out and earning 30% less. Especially when that could still be 60-70k a week!

If you were moving abroad and you had no affiliation with the clubs you would rather move to Valencia than Barca or Real, for substantially less money?

Also, most footballers have solid egos, until it's actually proven that they can't break into the first team at the biggest possible club they will go there and think that they can. Part of what makes them good in the first place. Most of them aren't making a "oh, I'll sit on the bench 75% of the time" decision.

Well, twitter seems to be making a round of 'Press conference to be held at 4PM' do people not realise we're in Spain? People are becoming REALLY desperate now!

Well, we might actually have a press conference before the friendly though? Not likely that it will have anything to do with transfers though.

IIRC we've only had 1 press conference to announce a signing in about the past decade (for Bentley).

Press conferences are so 1990s (pre-internet age).

Also, most footballers have solid egos, until it's actually proven that they can't break into the first team at the biggest possible club they will go there and think that they can. Part of what makes them good in the first place. Most of them aren't making a "oh, I'll sit on the bench 75% of the time" decision.

Good point.

Also if a club are offering to buy you for a big fee and pay big wages that will reinforce the players perception. He's unlikely to think they are buying him to sit on the bench 75% of the time and they probably aren't. More likely the club are buying on potential and hoping that some players makes the grade. Its not so unreasonable for the player to assume he will be one who does.

If you were moving abroad and you had no affiliation with the clubs you would rather move to Valencia than Barca or Real, for substantially less money?

This holds true the majority of the time but there are exceptions. If a player would end up competing for their position with a well established, possibly world class player then it will be a factor. This is a very small percentage of transfers as obviously there are not that many world class players about by definition.

In Leandro's case he would have to dislodge either Aguero or Tevez to be top dog. This is a big ask and no matter how big his ego he will have some doubt over how much playing time he will get. I'm sure the extra 50mil a week will be enough to make his mind up unfortunately.

Yeh I do too. Reina for example jumping for joy when they won the Euros but he wasnt involved at all. Im with you on the playing week in week out but this comes from me playing on Sunday in my football team not wanting to be sub because I love football and dont want to be standing on the freezing sidelines and for no money! These guys are getting paid ridiculous amounts of money and probably arent as fussed as they have an Aston Martin, a fit wife, mansion and tons of wonga to go home to when the games finishes and they havent played. Money makes it a lot easier......

Yeh I do too. Reina for example jumping for joy when they won the Euros but he wasnt involved at all. Im with you on the playing week in week out but this comes from me playing on Sunday in my football team not wanting to be sub because I love football and dont want to be standing on the freezing sidelines and for no money! These guys are getting paid ridiculous amounts of money and probably arent as fussed as they have an Aston Martin, a fit wife, mansion and tons of wonga to go home to when the games finishes and they havent played. Money makes it a lot easier......

He wasn't involved it is true. However i would assume most Spanish fans were also jumping for joy and they were not really involved with the win either.

At the end of the day Reina is Spanish, and would want Spain to do well. It's difficult to compare that to club football.

He wasn't involved it is true. However i would assume most Spanish fans were also jumping for joy and they were not really involved with the win either.

At the end of the day Reina is Spanish, and would want Spain to do well. It's difficult to compare that to club football.

was he not at the Euros? maybe im thinking of Valdes then.....

by 'not involved' I meant whichever one sat on the bench, be it Reina or Valdes :p

The point is sitting on the bench for your country can't really be compared with sitting on the bench for your club, because you can change clubs.

by 'not involved' I meant whichever one sat on the bench, be it Reina or Valdes :p

The point is sitting on the bench for your country can't really be compared with sitting on the bench for your club, because you can change clubs.

Yeah, but the point remains do you want to look back at your trophies at the end of you career and realise you didn't earn any of them. I remember Lukaku saying something similar about his Champions League medal. Doesn't mean anything to him.

Back