• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

He got a start today and didn't take his chance. I think he will get more chances from us but he really does need to start taking opportunities or his confidence will sink further and fans who haven't lost patience with him will do so. Come on Bobby Soldier, sort it out son.

I still think he will come good for us.

I used to say that for the majority of last season and the start of this but i think it's just blind faith now, he has had a season and a half and no serious injuries to use as an excuse. If Poch wants to keep him as back up versatility for playing in one of the three spots behind the striker and as an emergency striker then fine. But I've finally accepted it's probably for the best if he goes back to Spain - like Torres I've got no doubt he will start scoring there again....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

People may think I'm a hater but every game I hope he gets a hat trick. The fact is I just cant see it happening. He has had so much time but as a striker he has been a big flop. Honestly hope every time he is picked he will score but cant see it happening . If it wasn't for the fact that our striker situation is so bad I doubt whether he would even get on the bench. Surely it would be Kane starting and the LAM( Lazey African Mercenary) on the bench.

big shout, personally I can think of about 25 worse strikers we've had, and that's without trying to hard, the likes of fenn and Allen, raziak, booth, piercey, we have had plenty of dross over the years

Tbf those you mention either cost nothing, were on loan or were super cheap. I mean 26m, 60k a week for this is unbelievable.

To whoever said they would boo him, you are a **** mate. Today seeing people around me boo ADE before he is kicked a ball of the back of rumours was utterly disgusting. Why boo someone who we want to do well for us - disgusting

Support every player we have during games but use this to vent about it.

I think the money is irrelevant to be honest, they are all players deemed good enough to play for Spurs, plenty of freebie/cheapie's have also received endless stick from the fans. To declare a player the "worst" it can only be from ability, you don't grade that on a curve.

Bonus awful forward, Chris Jones (shudders).

He is certainly up there with the worst I have seen in a Spurs shirt, and the fact that he has cost so much in the transfer fee we paid and the wages he takes us fans shoyld get a better return. Will be amazed if he stays after the end of the season. Yet another flop we will take a massive financial hit on, if we can actually get anyone to take him off our hands

his goal return is right up there with the worst investments we have ever had

but .. if you actually think he is anywhere near the top of the worst footballers we have played up front ...

I might be tempted to think you haven't watched Spurs for too long ..

To whoever said they would boo him, you are a **** mate. Today seeing people around me boo ADE before he is kicked a ball of the back of rumours was utterly disgusting.

Perhaps it had nothing to do with the rumours and more about his own comments about our home support being ****.

He should have kept his trap shut.

I still think he will come good for us.

incredible, just incredible that anyone can think this way.

what did einstein say "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -

I think the money is irrelevant to be honest, they are all players deemed good enough to play for Spurs.

Have you advanced that theory in the Ade thread? If so, what response did it meet with? Hundreds of posts there, and indeed elsewhere, about his wages. What is irrelevant? The money we spent from Bale? The money available this window and next?

Last edited:
his goal return is right up there with the worst investments we have ever had

but .. if you actually think he is anywhere near the top of the worst footballers we have played up front ...

I might be tempted to think you haven't watched Spurs for too long ..

Admit I only get to about 10 games a season at best these days but I stand by my statement that he is one of the worst strikers we have had. He is not a bad footballer, but he is a poor striker. Over the years I have seen some real poor sides at the Lane, but I bet there are stikers in the prem who would love to be getting the chances Soldado gets laid on a plate for him every week. He is a crap striker end of ! The only reason he is getting a game is because we are so light in the striker department. If Kane and Adebeyor(if he is back in favour) stay fit I would think Soldado will be lucky to get on the bench.
Its a shame as he seems like a popular guy and does try hard, thats probably why he is so popular. It makes me cringe when our supporters boo our own players. Some like Adebeyor(the Lazy African Mercenary) deserve it when they **** off supporters but most dont. I cant boo someone who is playing for us. I get behind the team through thick and thin, and every time I see Soldados name in the team I hope he scores. He has certainly been given more games than some of the strikers we have had over the years, but as said his goal return is very poor. Think the Prem is too quick and physical for him. If he goes to Spain or Italy he will score a few. Look at Torres completely crap in the prem, goes back to Spain and scores straight away because its an easier league.

I like the guy, I really like him. But our current squad cannot afford our striker to mess 3 easy goals in the first half.
I still think he is more useful than Ade, however both should not play any more, we need a new striker even from the academy, and we need him right now.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the guy, I really like him. But our current squad cannot afford our striker to mess 3 easy goals in the first half.
I still think he is more useful than Ade, however both should not play any more, we need a new striker even from the academy, and we need him right now.

Have you advanced that theory in the Ade thread? If so, what response did it meet with? Hundreds of posts there, and indeed elsewhere, about his wages. What is irrelevant? The money we spent from Bale? The money available this window and next?
Players have a hand in what they're paid - they don't have any choice whatsoever over the transfer fee

what they earn is what they earn, it's the contract they accepted and signed, they still have to keep up their side of it, Ade doesn't get stick because he makes mistakes, he gets stick "because he doesn't try"

you shouldn't expect a better attitude from player A just because he cost/earns more than player B

big shout, personally I can think of about 25 worse strikers we've had, and that's without trying to hard, the likes of fenn and Allen, raziak, booth, piercey, we have had plenty of dross over the years
I struggle to think of even 10.... And it's interesting that 2 of the few you named were youth academy graduates who played due to us having an injury crises and another one a short term loan signing

Pav, bent, iversen, postiga, durie, Ferdinand

Soldado is a better footballer than any of them were

I freely admit I come at this from a different angle to most, I'm not really bothered about individual goal output, but more their footballing intelligence, as I've quoted plenty of times before, goals are overrated, and, defence wins championships, I'd rather see us win 1-0 than 5-1

I freely admit I come at this from a different angle to most, I'm not really bothered about individual goal output, but more their footballing intelligence, as I've quoted plenty of times before, goals are overrated, and, defence wins championships, I'd rather see us win 1-0 than 5-1

You must still be traumatised by George Graham' sacking :eek:

I agree that goals are overrated as a performance measure,but they also have to be used as a measure to a certain degree.

When measuring the outspu of a striker, goalscoring has to the first criteria, followed by how they work in the formation and effect play, followed by assists/being involved with assusts .

The simple fact is, he has scored 7 goals in 36 PL games.
1:5 as a ratio is not good enough for a striker in a team aiming for the top 4.
( that's not counting a lot of those goals are penalties).

He is just not a goal threat.
And whether you want to win 1-0 or 5-0, you need your forward players to be able to score goals.

Postiga is the only one of those who was worse than Soldado, the others you named were FAR better.... and even Postiga I think would've been better if he had come to Spurs a little later in his career.

Defence doesn't win championships goals do. We could draw every game 0-0 and at the end of the season we could claim the best defence ever seen but we wouldn' t win the league. Scoring more goals than the opposition wins you titles. Aguerro won the title for Emirates Marketing Project not their defence. I would rather see us win 5-1 than 1-0 but hey everyone is entitled to an opinion.
As for that list of 6 strikers the only one Soldado would get ahead of on my team sheet would be Postiga. All the rest were milws better in a Spurs shirt

Back