• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

You can prove anything once you start throwing in assists ;)
Soldado 2014/15 Premier League: 1 goal + 1 assist in 652 mins = 326 mins per goal contribution
Benteke 2014/15 Premier League: 2 goals + 1 assist in 1075 mins = 358 mins per goal contribution

Sign him up!

Ah but form is temporary... and Soldado plays for a slightly better quality team imho too!

Benteke since start of 2014: 8 goals (73 shots) + 3 assists in 2145 minutes = 195 minutes per goal contribution (11% conversion rate)
Soldado since start of 2014: 2 goals (35 shots) + 2 assists in 1214 minutes = 304 mins per goal contribution (6% conversion rate)

Benteke PL career: 31 goals (211 shots) + 7 assists in 6018 minutes = 158 mins per goal contribution (15% conversion rate)
Soldado PL career: 7 goals (72 shots) + 6 assists in 2582 minutes = 199 mins per goal contribution (10% conversion rate)

I disagree with you there. I think that Kane is excellent as a #10 and it plays to his natural strengths. His willingness to pick up the ball deep and make very direct runs also offers something that our other players do not really have.

to be fair we could have Kane in both positions if we had two of him. But he is on form leading the line. Dont change it.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree with you there. I think that Kane is excellent as a #10 and it plays to his natural strengths. His willingness to pick up the ball deep and make very direct runs also offers something that our other players do not really have.

to be fair we could have Kane in both positions if we had two of him. But he is on form leading the line. Dont change it.

I'm quite happy for Poch to switch it around depending on the opposition. Kane is excellent in both positions and switching between them does not appear to have an impact on his form or development.

I'm quite happy for Poch to switch it around depending on the opposition. Kane is excellent in both positions and switching between them does not appear to have an impact on his form or development.

Ah but form is temporary... and Soldado plays for a slightly better quality team imho too!

Benteke since start of 2014: 8 goals (73 shots) + 3 assists in 2145 minutes = 195 minutes per goal contribution (11% conversion rate)
Soldado since start of 2014: 2 goals (35 shots) + 2 assists in 1214 minutes = 304 mins per goal contribution (6% conversion rate)

Benteke PL career: 31 goals (211 shots) + 7 assists in 6018 minutes = 158 mins per goal contribution (15% conversion rate)
Soldado PL career: 7 goals (72 shots) + 6 assists in 2582 minutes = 199 mins per goal contribution (10% conversion rate)

Indeed Soldado has 124 goals at the highest level. Benteke 31. 19 of them in the one season.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed Soldado has 124 goals at the highest level. Benteke 31. 19 of them in the one season.

- - - Updated - - -

And their respective ages are? How many has Solly scored or assisted in the EPL. All the stats are against him and he adds diddly squat to the team.

I watched him closely yesterday and his movement was really poor. He never got across the first defender once and stood most of the game centrally. Only once can I recall him coming out wide to any effect and then he played in a decent ball. His lack of movement combined with his ineffectiveness means we simply must upgrade him as soon as possible. He is 29 and isnt suddenly going to drastically improve. Needs to go back to Spain IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

And their respective ages are? How many has Solly scored or assisted in the EPL. All the stats are against him and he adds diddly squat to the team.

I watched him closely yesterday and his movement was really poor. He never got across the first defender once and stood most of the game centrally. Only once can I recall him coming out wide to any effect and then he played in a decent ball. His lack of movement combined with his ineffectiveness means we simply must upgrade him as soon as possible. He is 29 and isnt suddenly going to drastically improve. Needs to go back to Spain IMO.

Please lets not turn this thread into another Benteke discussion. We have several threads where he is being discussed and there haven't even been any credible links with us signing him this window.

100% agree. He has played most of his football as a 10 and sees himself as a second striker. The fact he has done so well as a 9 might even be more surprising and I also agree that his directness and vision are two of his best qualities. He was quieter yesteray but still did well and nearly every decision he makes is the right one.

Long term I Beleive we need to sign a number 9 with pace and partner him with kane as a 10. I think we will see that next season with perhaps Beharino leading the line and kane in behind. The beauty of that is kane is comforable dropping into midfield, works hard and has good end product - also at times we would basically be playing a 442.

Kane can play in either positon (and off the left) so I imagine we will see him in both

True, although Benteke is 5 years younger than Soldado so has plenty of time to move to a better team than Aston Villa and catch up.

Perhaps. Its just ironic on Villa forums their fans are saying the same thing about Benteke right now that we are about Soldado and Ade yet on here Benteke is the answer.

I think Pochs system works better with Kane as a false 9.
I dont think an out and out number 9 is gonna work.

Though you didn't need to say it twice (what's happening to the forum BTW? same duplication problem happened to me), I fully agree

- - - Updated - - -

Though you didn't need to say it twice (what's happening to the forum BTW? same duplication problem happened to me), I fully agree

LOL! What next? Is there a triple wall you can bang your head on ;)

- - - Updated - - -

LOL! What next? Is there a triple wall you can bang your head on ;)

- - - Updated - - -

One final question, and perhaps a poll, who would take a straight swop between Soldado and Benteke right now?

I know I would

- - - Updated - - -

One final question, and perhaps a poll, who would take a straight swop between Soldado and Benteke right now?

I know I would

Back