• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

I think he should be more compared with Poborsky than Torres

Poborsky was clearly very talented, who just didn't get the rub of the green, but then went on to show his quality elsewhere. Torres however was always limited and just got found out (i.e. that it was Gerrard making him look good at Liverpool)

was thinking more Diego Forlan for striker comparison

I've never seen the fans back such an under performing player as with Soldado and I mean in not scoring his all round play is really good

I've never seen the fans back such an under performing player as with Soldado and I mean in not scoring his all round play is really good

The biggest misconception is that is overall play is excellent - it isn't and often he can be non existent. he hasn't ever put in a performance like kane or ADE when they are at the top of their games - quite simply becuse he hasn't the tools to do so. A few flicks and clever passes is what we should expect along with 15-20 goalsfor the money and wages we have spent on him.

In Spain he was known as a fox in the box (who actually could be wasteful) but he constantly found th right positons to get a goal and had a good record. Here He doesn't get in enough good goal scoring positons and when he does he consistently doesn't even hit the target.

He is a professional and it is frankly unacceptable.

I quite like him and i would keep him until the summer (more due to the reality of trying to shift him) and it's nice to see him supported by fans.

However let's stop the excuses he is and has been **** and let's face up to this fact rather than find threads for a defence

Last edited:
it's quite strange to see people get offended when players do get support, normally it's the reverse which gets my back up

The biggest misconception is that is overall play is excellent - it isn't and often he can be non existent. he hasn't ever put in a performance like kane or ADE when they are at the top of their games - quite simply becuse he hasn't the tools to do so. A few flicks and clever passes is what we should expect along with 15-20 goalsfor the money and wages we have spent on him.

In Spain he was known as a fox in the box (who actually could be wasteful) but he constantly found th right positons to get a goal and had a good record. Here He doesn't get in enough good goal scoring positons and when he does he consistently doesn't even hit the target.

I quite like him and i would keep him until the summer (more due to the reality of trying to shift him) and it's nice to see him supported by fans.

However let's stop the excuses he is and has been **** and let's face up to this fact rather than find threads for a defence

His build up play is good and he is clearly an intelligent footballer. His finishing has been awful for us, but he still contributes towards a lot of out good attacking moves when he's on the pitch...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

The problem with the prem is the highest wages in football. There are a few exceptions abroad of clubs paying high wages like Real, Barca, and Bayern but most leagues pay a fraction of what prem clubs pay. If the rumours are true Defoe is on £70 000 a week at Sunderland. I'm sure plenty of clubs would take Soldado on loan but wont or cant cover his wages. Likewise with Paulihno, it seems clubs in Brazil would have him but wages are the stumbling block. Unless players are willing to take a massive pay cut they end up on the bench or not even in the squad milking massive wages from their parent club.

He'll be gone in the summer, surely? We're stuck with him til then I think, as I don't see us spending much this month.

He'll be gone in the summer, surely? We're stuck with him til then I think, as I don't see us spending much this month.

Id have certainly thought so, two seasons is a fair amount of time to see if it's going to work or not. Will obviously depend on other factors like getting our targets and finding a buyer but assuming that works out he'll be on his way.

you know what, i'd be tempted to start him tomorrow with kane in behind, then 2 of eriksen, chadders or andros notionally wide.

Say to him that despite the miss, he affected the midweek game positively so he gets another go. See what that does for his belief, and if there's a defence that gifts chances, it's sunderland.

itk, itk, itk!

Give over mate! Lol

a complete and utter waste of space when we have pressure we need goals to take pressure of us, he is so awful I just really hope we get rid because it is embarrassing how poor he is, he is bringing shame on the whole club.

You're talking utter nonsense. Please stop.

Double post

Back