• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Quickest way to lose weight?

So, we all agree that its the "lower calories" that leads to weight loss ;)

It's a very simple equation: Less petrol, more miles = weight loss

Times of day, number of meals, meal size, ambient temperature, food colour, shoe size etc...are all irrelevant bollox

Times of day, number of meals, meal size, ambient temperature, food colour, shoe size etc...are all irrelevant bollox

?

Slower metabolism would burn calories much 'slower' - which is what having a single meal per day would propagade. In addition to the real possibility of developing ulcerous conditions from not eating for extended periods of time. Having one meal a day your body would absorb as much as possible from that specific meal (including the bad stuff) and store as much as possible while keeping digestion realtively slow. Eating number of small portions many times a day keeps your metabolism ticking fast, along with your digestion. Not to mention your daily rotines have a significant impact on all of that.

So - instead of having that number of calories in a signle meal every evenininig - it would be much better to spread those into number of smaller servings throughout the day. And healthier for your stomach and digestive system.

The car analogy is ridiculous, with respect - your body and metabolusm is far, far more complex than that.

If you ate a whole pizza for breakfast the chances are you will burn off those calories throughout the day. You're moving a lot more throughout the day.

Eating that pizza at 11pm half an hour before bed time you wouldn't burn that off as effectively and efficiently. Whilst sleeping still expends energy you're not expending as many calories as moving about etc. Then what happens is you wake up have breakfast and the chances are you have excess calories from that pizza in addition to the new calories so you will be savings those additional calories as fat.

Then again I find it strange giving advice on here about fat loss haha

Yet drive more erratically, open up the Windows, turn on the heater, load up the boot and you get less miles.

Calories in vs calories out is it very basically, but you can manipulate the calories burnt in a million different ways.

?

Slower metabolism would burn calories much 'slower' - which is what having a single meal per day would propagade. In addition to the real possibility of developing ulcerous conditions from not eating for extended periods of time. Having one meal a day your body would absorb as much as possible from that specific meal (including the bad stuff) and store as much as possible while keeping digestion realtively slow. Eating number of small portions many times a day keeps your metabolism ticking fast, along with your digestion. Not to mention your daily rotines have a significant impact on all of that.

So - instead of having that number of calories in a signle meal every evenininig - it would be much better to spread those into number of smaller servings throughout the day. And healthier for your stomach and digestive system.

The car analogy is ridiculous, with respect - your body and metabolusm is far, far more complex than that.

Agree with all that

Eating fresh vegetables, is better than pizza

Eating fresh fish, is better than processed meat

But in the context of losing weight fast (the point of the thread)

The old adage, less food, more exercise.........still rings true

You can spread meals all you like, but if you eat more calories than you're consuming, you WILL gain weight

Less calories, and you WILL lose weight

The OP wasn't looking for lifestyle advice. He was asking the fastest way to LOSE weight

Eggs, bacon, mushrooms for breakfast.

Fish (tuna/prawns etc) + salad for lunch (olive oil, high fat mayo, vinegar all acceptable)

Meat + broccoli or salad for dinner

Fruit: Only strawberries and raspberries

No peas
No chocs
No crisps (apart from Quavvers)
No bread
No potatoes
No pasta
No cereals

Cheese acceptable

I trust you

So you can eat lots of small portions, of high calorie food (perhaps cheesecake)

And you'll lost weight fast, because of this legit magic?

LOL

you would have to be stupid to eat 'Lots of cheese cake and high calories' greasy processed food. what kind of fool would you be to eat something so unhealthy. jeez. you'd really have to need to be looked after if that was your diet

hahahaaaa, am glad we can both laugh at each other about this cause as stupid as you think eating 5 to 6 small meals a day is, i can honestly say that consistently eating high claorie saturated fat with high quantities of sugar type meals frequently as an argument to disprove something scientifically and practically proven is one of the funniest and ridiculous notions i have ever heard

some people honestly:lol:

Day one of a 3 day fast.

Did this a couple of months ago......cleanse the system and reset insulin levels.

I lost 10 pounds 3 months ago doing this and then the 5+2........and the weight has stayed off even though i've been eating brick the last couple of weeks.

Off on holiday in a month so wanna drop another half a stone.

I eat well and exercise but this is a diet I can stick to, on/off....jobs a goodun. And there is a large body of scientific evidence it works

time of day you eat something is important.....never eat large amount close to the time you fall asleep. never eat heavy carbs at night (unless you are more active at night vs the day). the time of day you eat is directly proportional to how long your body has to work on what its eaten through out the day and previous 1 or 2 days before it decides to store what it hasnt broken down or brick out

your meal size is important.....if you eat too much your body wont digest or break down everything at once..it'll attempt to store certain food types in your fat cells for when it will need it later. most people are not active enough to burn off the amount of processed sugar and fat in foods that they eat when its being stored around the body..if you eat less then the amount the body has to work to burn is less, whats broken down for immediate use and stored as fatty content (or energy)is less

plus the number of times you eat equates to the amount of times you kick start your metabolism into action which in turn burns the food you've eaten plus whatever excess storage you ate previously. the key is to watch out for the amount of calories you take in at each interval vs what you expend / burn / use / consume through the day. if you take cheesecake all day long then you will have issues. if you eat celery all day long you wont gain weight.....you'll lose it

am still laughing at the fact that this thing sounds ridiculous to you primarily because you think if you eat brick all day long in small meals you wont loose weight.

i'll tell you this though, whatever amount of cheese cake you eat in small meals throughout the day.....if you at the same amount all at once you would gain more weight quicker, you might not lose weight but your weight gain would be faster

edit:- and thats another thing about eating large quantities at once. your stomach starts to expand and feel comfortable with large quantities, eating smaller meals keeps your stomach at the reccomended one and half to two fistfulls so that when you dont eat as much you still feel satisfied

but knowing you and your expertise on the subject over all literature..am sure all this is bollox anyway seeing as you cant have your cheese cake and cocaine all day long without losing weight hehe :lol:

Last edited:
Day one of a 3 day fast.

Did this a couple of months ago......cleanse the system and reset insulin levels.

I lost 10 pounds 3 months ago doing this and then the 5+2........and the weight has stayed off even though i've been eating brick the last couple of weeks.

Off on holiday in a month so wanna drop another half a stone.

I eat well and exercise but this is a diet I can stick to, on/off....jobs a goodun. And there is a large body of scientific evidence it works

but you have to be careful you dont actively feel like you are starving yourself cause then your body starts to get into mega storage mode when you do start eating normally. you'll basically keep going back up to where you dont want and you'll come crashing down when you diet to get back down

fasting is good though, but shouldnt be done often

why not just gradually train your body to be comfortable at a lesser weight?

I've struggled with my weight since I passed my driving test at 17 (cycled everywhere prior to that). I can't say i've ever lost that much weight but the best way I've found was to have cereal for breakfast and lunch and then have your normal dinner. limit alcohol as much as possible as well. I lost over a stone prior to my wedding doing this, the only problem is that cereal is fudging boring and you'll quickly fall back to having beans on toast for breakfast or Maccy Ds for lunch or whatever.

I always find the calorie counting diets a ball ache as it's all well and good telling me there's 100 calories in an apple or 300 in a beer or whatever but how many calories are there in my wifes chili con carne or chicken fajitas or some other meal that she makes. Am I supposed to weigh every ingredient that goes in and add them up and then work out how much I had and how much she had? Just doesn't work.

I've struggled with my weight since I passed my driving test at 17 (cycled everywhere prior to that). I can't say i've ever lost that much weight but the best way I've found was to have cereal for breakfast and lunch and then have your normal dinner. limit alcohol as much as possible as well. I lost over a stone prior to my wedding doing this, the only problem is that cereal is fudging boring and you'll quickly fall back to having beans on toast for breakfast or Maccy Ds for lunch or whatever.

I always find the calorie counting diets a ball ache as it's all well and good telling me there's 100 calories in an apple or 300 in a beer or whatever but how many calories are there in my wifes chili con carne or chicken fajitas or some other meal that she makes. Am I supposed to weigh every ingredient that goes in and add them up and then work out how much I had and how much she had? Just doesn't work.

EVERYONES body and requirements are different. you dont have to beat yourself up with the cereal if you dont want to. its all about what your body needs, what you take in and what you burn.

if you dont excercise and you enjoy your fatty / sugary stuff then your already fighting an uphill battle. in situations like that the best thing you can do is the little stuff, walk to your local shop...do more stuff round the house....REALLY chew your food to a pulp

eating Maccy D regular and beans on toast without doing any excercise is begging for trouble.

you dont really suffer with weight issues in that context , what you suffer with is your life style

if you excercised all day long then you can practically eat what you like. take the swimmer phelps...he needs up to 8 to 10 THOUSAND calories a day when he is training....thats alot of big macs and southstands cheese cakes / cocaine that he can get away with not have a weight issue...he may become diabetic and get sick through vitamin deficiency or something like that but weight gain wont be a problem

Which is why my (and Leeds) diet works in the short, medium and long term

You don't bother counting calories and you don't have to remember what foods are good or bad

You can also eat ANYWHERE, not just the pub that serves Chicken Caesar Salad (like Spooky's diet)

The bottom line is, if you restrict yourself to one meal a day, you will more than likely consume less calories than you burn

but you have to be careful you dont actively feel like you are starving yourself cause then your body starts to get into mega storage mode when you do start eating normally. you'll basically keep going back up to where you dont want and you'll come crashing down when you diet to get back down

fasting is good though, but shouldnt be done often

why not just gradually train your body to be comfortable at a lesser weight?

I like food :)

I'm fit, 16% body fat at 15 stone. I'm not worried about gaining a bit of weight and this is a simple way of doing it. Your body doesn't go into storage mode if you have a short period of fasting like this. The point of intermittent fasting is your body cannot get used to a pattern.

The hardest thing is the hunger pangs.

It's all here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19112549

This guy has no axe to grind.......Horizon a couple of months ago

I like food :)

I'm fit, 16% body fat at 15 stone. I'm not worried about gaining a bit of weight and this is a simple way of doing it. Your body doesn't go into storage mode if you have a short period of fasting like this. The point of intermittent fasting is your body cannot get used to a pattern.

The hardest thing is the hunger pangs.

It's all here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19112549

This guy has no axe to grind.......Horizon a couple of months ago

actually thats a good point. if you dont fast for long you wont go into big time storage mode...thats true

i guess for me fasting is more a religious action i take...and its pretty hard for me

Which is why my (and Leeds) diet works in the short, medium and long term

You don't bother counting calories and you don't have to remember what foods are good or bad

You can also eat ANYWHERE, not just the pub that serves Chicken Caesar Salad (like Spooky's diet)

The bottom line is, if you restrict yourself to one meal a day, you will more than likely consume less calories than you burn

Yep....contrary to myth your body is like a car, calories in and out regardless of when you consume the calories.

5+2 means you consume 28% fewer calories, simple!! And they have shown that people DON'T over eat when they come off the fast, they might eat 10% more, but not double.

The diet also lowers your insulin levels and levels of bad cholesterol.

The global fasting movement is being studied now as it's thought it could bring a cure of alzheimers and many other ails.

The study into fat and thin mice on the Horizon programme was startling.

Last edited:
actually thats a good point. if you dont fast for long you wont go into big time storage mode...thats true

i guess for me fasting is more a religious action i take...and its pretty hard for me

Yeah....I have BIG respect to people who fast for religious reasons after doing this.

Don't want to sound stupid but when you say fasting for three days do you literally mean you're not gonna eat a thing for 3 days?

Don't want to sound stupid but when you say fasting for three days do you literally mean you're not gonna eat a thing for 3 days?

not necessarily, some people do that but most people fast to restrict intake of what they eat and limit it to specific period (s) of the day. so you can fast by eating in the morning and then not eating anything till the next morning.

some people dont eat anything but drink water for the duration

its not a piece of cake. or cheese cake.

fasting doesnt have one hard definition

Back