• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Quickest way to lose weight?

I have a rower at home concept2 which I hire for 35 quid a month. Its a pretty damn great rower. I dont have a gym near enough to me which means i would no doubt not go. Got fitness first next to work but even with the corporate discount its like 65 quid a month.

The place im moving to end of month there is a virgin gym five minute walk - contemplating joining but its like 80 quid a month. EIGHTY fudging QUID. So when I see places like that gym (above) for 20 quid a month and open 24 hours a day - I see great value and would encourage people to go I guess.

Why do people take the tinkle in London? I hope these gyms go to the wall.

Fasting and eating clean-paleo style or low carb high fat. Doing some heavy lifts or advanced bodyweight like Convict conditioning can really help with bodyrecomposition. Kettlebells are also great for strength and conditioning...

Some good resources:

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html
http://www.dragondoor.com/shop-by-department/books/b41/
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/
http://www.dietdoctor.com/science
http://www.eatstopeat.com/

Using some of this principles have done wonders for me...I lost weight, gained muscles, got rid of hemroids and sinusitis...

Don't go near kettle bells for squats and lunges I you've got back issues.

I put my back out big time using them!

Don't go near kettle bells for squats and lunges I you've got back issues.

I put my back out big time using them!

I only did swings and snatches with KB, so I don't know about that...But, I would urge everyone to go to a certified instructor to learn the basics of working with kettle bells...They are a great tool, but they require some skill if you want to avoid injuries...

I only did swings and snatches with KB, so I don't know about that...But, I would urge everyone to go to a certified instructor to learn the basics of working with kettle bells...They are a great tool, but they require some skill if you want to avoid injuries...

Definitely......very easy to hyper-extend your back....

Most people have bulging discs in tehir spines and this is a surefire way of fudging yourself up.

You don't want to lose weight fast, its better to do it slowly. When you go on a crash diet the body adapts and becomes more efficient. The trouble is that when you end the diet your body is more efficient and the colorie input for your steady-state weight has decreased. So crash diets actually make it more difficult to maintain the weight at the original level. One reason why people have to keep going on crash diets.

Overall it doesn't take a large shift in diet to cause a small change over the long-term. Something simple like cutting out dessert once a week, no bag of crisps at the pub, no alcoholic drinks once a fortnight, etc. If as you say you are "pretty happy about [your] weight" a minor change is all that is needed.

The lots f small meals is a fallacy regarding metabolic rates. You can eat all of your calories in one sitting. Makes zero difference to the rate of weight loss or gain. Your body is like a car. Petrol in and miles driven.

True, but there is a psychological effect. Lots of small meals stop you getting hungry. If you get hungry you tend to eat more than you need.

Also, its better to eat larger meals earlier in the day. You need the energy during the day and tend to get hungrier, while at night you don't get hungry. (Not that I follow this pattern, as I'm a skip breakfast and large evening meal type).

In the end, the calorie intake versus energy use is the main factor and eating less and/or exercise makes the difference. But the behavioural changes may make it easier to make the changes.

I have seen some ideas for diets, what can anybody suggest to make it more appetising? I do like chicken, I assume that it must be grilled, but can you add sauces etc & what vegetables are the healthiest? and which nuts? I assume KP is off the menu in this regard, as are nobbies nuts.

I have seen some ideas for diets, what can anybody suggest to make it more appetising? I do like chicken, I assume that it must be grilled, but can you add sauces etc & what vegetables are the healthiest? and which nuts? I assume KP is off the menu in this regard, as are nobbies nuts.

Eat Almonds for nuts.

Vegetables - just get some stir fry vegetables and bundle it with some chicken some soy sauce and hey presto healthy as fudge.

Eat avocado - healthy fat apparently. I was brought up in this world of propaganda that fat is bad but it really isnt - just processed food is bad.

So these pre packed veg's you see i.e the sir fry stuff - is that unhealthy? must it be the loose veg, I always thought the pre packed stuff in the salad section to be less healthy than the loose

I like the look of that caveman diet, but not sure if I can hack the not eating part. If I don't eat i'll get head aches and feel low, unless that is only in the initial stages?

So these pre packed veg's you see i.e the sir fry stuff - is that unhealthy? must it be the loose veg, I always thought the pre packed stuff in the salad section to be less healthy than the loose

I always brought the pre pack stuff. 100 calories a serving with some chicken (a brickload of chicken) and some soy sauce. 700 or 800 calorie meal with not much fat and a tonne of protein.

It is best to get the unpackaged type stuff I suppose as the nutrients should still be in there.

isn't frying kind of unhealthy too? I hate to rain on your parade buddy as you have been helpful, but this frying lark are you sure its healthy?

I like the look of that caveman diet, but not sure if I can hack the not eating part. If I don't eat i'll get head aches and feel low, unless that is only in the initial stages?

I tried the Atkins for eight days. It was fudgein horrible. I was moody. Depressed. Angry. Tired. Just not sustainable or healthy. I didnt even lose that much.

Went back to eating healthy with 500 calorie defecit under BMR and losing about a kilo of FAT a week. Not really losing much muscle or lean tissue. Losing weight is really the incorrect term isnt it - its losing fat not weight that you want.

So if I eat a vegetable that is say 80 calories, or a burger that is 80 calories, what is the difference to one's waistline. My understanding is that if I eat that burger I will retain the fat longer, and it will kill my insides something rotten. The greens on the other hand wont fill me up as much or for as long (in my mind that's what I perceive).....I must have meat I feel

I did weight watchers before I got married a couple of years ago, lost two stone over about three or four months without a great deal of effort.

Might sound not very masculine but you eat regular food just sensibly and I actually enjoyed it.

You get that when you cut fat from your diet anyway as your body is detoxing, it goes away after a few days.

Back