• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Quickest way to lose weight?

So these pre packed veg's you see i.e the sir fry stuff - is that unhealthy? must it be the loose veg, I always thought the pre packed stuff in the salad section to be less healthy than the loose

Fresh intact vegetables will be better quality. However, its a lot more work and more difficult to get the variety of vegetables. If the pre-packaged stuff encourages people to eat more vegetables its a step in the right direction.

isn't frying kind of unhealthy too? I hate to rain on your parade buddy as you have been helpful, but this frying lark are you sure its healthy?

There is minimal harm in frying per se.

The problems with frying are the amount and type of fat used and the type of food eaten. With stir-fry the amount of fat used is very small, as can also be the case with well prepared deep fried food if dried of the oil (e.g. tempura). With stir fry you are using a selection of vegetables and small amounts of lean meat rather than foods rich in cholestrol and saturated fats that are associated with a fry-up (steaks, burgers, bacon & eggs, mars bars, etc). Finally use a simple vegetable oil (peanut/groundnut, corn, etc) rather than lard, bacon or goose fat. The amount of oil in a good stir fry is low and you need some fat in your diet. Adding sesame oil for flavouring at the end is a nice touch.

i bought some caveman diet book but havent had time to read it as yet.

I'd also like to know about the pre pack veg question. I often buy those packs of beansprouts/stir fry vegetables. If I'm having normal veg I often buy those small packs of pre prepared veg and just chuck in a pan to boil. They only cost £1/2 and buying all the stuff separately would cost a lot and take ages to prep. Would most likely waste a lot too as I live alone.

I always have a few packs of frozen peas, mixed veg and sweetcorn which I rotate and chuck in when boiling the other veg.

same here buddy, I want to do it but am always unsure if I am doing ti correctly, a quick search for chicken stir fry brings up the following, what would have to be left out? what do others do?

Ingredients
300 g rice noodles, thick, dried
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 eggs
0.5 tsp salt
0.5 tsp ground black pepper
100 g boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
60 g shrimps, cooked
3 small spring onions, shredded
3 tbsp roasted peanuts, coarsely ground
3 tbsp fish sauce
3 red chillies, seeds removed, sliced
1 tbsp lemon juice
0.5 tsp brown sugar
120 g bean sprouts
50 g mange tout or sugar snap peas, sliced
3 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped

Also don't do more than 30 minutes of cardio in one go, I think that's right. If you do more, you aren't as effective at burning fat as it burns muscle too.

Plus cardio in morning, before breakfast, burns on the fat reserves. Weights in the evening uses calories from the day & takes the nutrients to use for better muscle growth.

I think all the above is true.

You get that when you cut fat from your diet anyway as your body is detoxing, it goes away after a few days.

Carbs and Sugar.....not fat

Fat = good

Too many calories (usually in the form of carbs and sugar) make you fat.

Fat, doesn't make you fat

Fat is definitely good for you if it's the right fats. Nuts, seeds, olives... Those three are considered 'fatty' but are good for you.

Watch out for palm oil. Full of saturated fats and its in a lot of food. Most "own label" biscuits are full of the stuff, whilst McVities isn't.

Since been of the bread and bought tortilla wraps have noticed a big difference in energy levels and losing weight
I'm 5ft10 and 13 stone - i know im officially overweight for my height but it dosen't show. Over the last 2 months have lost a stone

I'm too lazy to trawl through but my two cents for people trying to lose weight is to follow the Spurspinter1 lifestyle plan.

There are two clear points to follow.

Eat less and run loads.

It always annoys me hearing people talking about the difficulties of following their complex weight watcher gi atkins blah blah blah. If they spent the time they did calculating points and looking at charts and all that brick actually running, then they'd probably lose some fudging weight.

I'm lucky as I don't really put on much weight but if I did I'd just eat well and go out running loads. Start out slow and short, then build it up. Don't over complicate it, just stop eating brick and run loads. I'm thinking about writing a book about my lifestyle plan, could make brickloads on that.

I'm too lazy to trawl through but my two cents for people trying to lose weight is to follow the Spurspinter1 lifestyle plan.

There are two clear points to follow.

Eat less and run loads.

It always annoys me hearing people talking about the difficulties of following their complex weight watcher gi atkins blah blah blah. If they spent the time they did calculating points and looking at charts and all that brick actually running, then they'd probably lose some fudging weight.

I'm lucky as I don't really put on much weight but if I did I'd just eat well and go out running loads. Start out slow and short, then build it up. Don't over complicate it, just stop eating brick and run loads. I'm thinking about writing a book about my lifestyle plan, could make brickloads on that.

Nobody cares!

The lots f small meals is a fallacy regarding metabolic rates. You can eat all of your calories in one sitting. Makes zero difference to the rate of weight loss or gain. Your body is like a car. Petrol in and miles driven.

LOL

its not s fallacy at all. thats legit

You realise, that the fattest, most obese, heart attack waiting to happen humanoids

Are those that eat food ALL day, every day

Small, but very often

ROFL LOL

There's a big difference between snacking on high calorie, nutritionally low foods all day and eating small portions of healthy balanced meals regularly throughout day.

Plenty of studies to show that food eaten in small meals throughout the day leads to more weight loss than the exact same food consumed in one large meal.

It's all relative and the 20% difference is insignificant if you're then going and eating 1000 calories of crisps and chocolate a day but as one part in a healthy lifestyle its sensible, and personally I find regular meals means I have absolutely no craving for sugar, caffeine or salt.

Simple way to lose weight is to just eat plenty of fresh fruit and veg and meat with sensible portions of complex carbs and healthy fats regularly through the day combined with lots of varied exercise you enjoy and will therefore keep up - there's no one magic way to lose weight but there's plenty of things that will make a difference.

Too many people jump on a single aspect like 'regular small meals', 'exercise on an empty stomach', 'drink tons of water' or 'cut out fat/carbs/mear' and run with that, disregarding everything else because it's easy to fool yourself that it's a short cut.

Cheesecake would never work because it's processed food. Stick to natural foods and the eat small, often, works well.

There's a big difference between snacking on high calorie, nutritionally low foods all day and eating small portions of healthy balanced meals regularly throughout day.

Plenty of studies to show that food eaten in small meals throughout the day leads to more weight loss than the exact same food consumed in one large meal.

It's all relative and the 20% difference is insignificant if you're then going and eating 1000 calories of crisps and chocolate a day but as one part in a healthy lifestyle its sensible, and personally I find regular meals means I have absolutely no craving for sugar, caffeine or salt.

I'd like to see the studies showing that the same food, with the same calories, leads to more weight loss depending on when it is eaten.

However, I agree with you general point about small meals of the right type. Regular meals reduce the craving and hunger, making it easier to eat less calories.

Cheesecake would never work because it's processed food. Stick to natural foods and the eat small, often, works well.

Are you saying that calories in processed food are more fattening?

Back