• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Quickest way to lose weight?

I commend the hash brown choice

However, there are key items missing: black pudding, mushrooms and heavily buttered white bread

Lol......The bread was to the side! I prefer toast to be honest, or fried slice.

I just had what I was given.

For £3.95 with a coffee you can't go wrong

Nearly a week in and i've lost a grand total of.................nothing.

My fault though being that i haven't gone to the gym this week but i've been having 1 proper meal at around 13:00 and maybe a snack at 19:00. Proper meal is usually a big plate of Pasta or yesterday i had a big plate of meatballs and chips which was quite nice. The snack is usually garlic bread (half a baguette which is around 300 calories). So basically i'm eating at most 1200 a day. Next week i'm going to be far more strict.

1,200 calories and you've lost nothing?

that cant be right. that just cannot be right.

you must be at a decent weight then...as in your not oveweight and losing more weight may be unhealthy

1,200 calories for a man is nothing, especially in conjunction with regular activities taken during the day

do you measure yourself at the same time and point of the day each time? so dont measure yourself at different intervals when you have done different stuff

1,200 calories, one meal a day and one snack....and you lost nothing

basically your body is telling you that you dont need to lose anything.

it doesn't help that the portuguese cafe right next to my office does a lovely Cod fish and potato casserole that i can't get enough of. I'm dreading to think what the calorie count is on it but i'm hoping it isn't too bad.

do you eat those along with the one meal?

and my girl is half Moroccan so she's adamant on packing me a traditional Moroccan lunch for work which consists of lots of meat and oily products. Being that she stated she doesn't want me losing weight i'm starting to think she's doing it purposley:-k

this as well?

so the one meal, the snack, the cod fish and potatoes, and morrocan lunches.

what ration of what did you have this week from those?

this as well?

so the one meal, the snack, the cod fish and potatoes, and morrocan lunches.

what ration of what did you have this week from those?

Nah i'm talking generally and it's not all that. It's one of the Moroccan lunch OR the cod fish and potato and one snack. So basically 1 meal and 1 snack and all together i'd say it's around 1200 calories a day (probably less as the garlic baguette is 350 calories and i can't imagine the main meal being anything more than 750 calories).

I'm a guy that can gain weight very quickly but it takes extra long to shift. A couple months back i stuck to eating 1000 calories for one whole month and i didn't even lose half a stone ffs.

KD - I would not weigh myself after such a short time

And also make sure you weigh yourself in the same spot at the same time

Personally, I wouldn't weigh yourself more frequently than once every 2 weeks

If you are on 1200 a day, you will lost a bucket load of weight

Perhaps check the calorie measurements too. A slice of bread is 100 calories (half a baguette with garlic butter could be 6 times that)

Trust me mate it takes me an eternity to lose weight. I think you're right about not weighing myself frequently though.

DHSF how do you measure the fat loss when losing weight? i really don't go that in depth tbh.

Trust me mate it takes me an eternity to lose weight. I think you're right about not weighing myself frequently though.

DHSF how do you measure the fat loss when losing weight? i really don't go that in depth tbh.

Better off using a tape measure than scales to be honest

I use Tanita scales (which measure all sorts of brick, including hydration etc)

I have weighing scales that measure it - you need to put in height and age and sex etc. Then it does the rest measure water weight and fat weight in percentage and kg terms. I dont think its as accurate but as long as you have a basis of comparison to begin with you can then track the TREND rather than weight.

People are hell bent on losing weight that they forget it isnt weight that you need to lose but fat. You can lose 50 lbs but if its all muscle then really you are just fat on bones. This is why the whole 1200 calories doesnt work and burns your muscle as it used your muscle for energy. Also you may well lose water weight.

To be honest the best utter best method for tracking anything is getting a t shirt thats a bit tight and wear it every couple of weeks and see the fit. Use that as a gauge for how youre losing because losing weight there are two objectives - health and looks.

Has anyone got any suggestions for healthy snacks etc?

I'm ok with plenty of gym and can adapt my main meals so I get plenty of protein etc but it's the "what else to eat?" that I'm really struggling with.
I need some replacements for the crisps and stuff that I use when stuck for ideas! I've trying to eat more fruit and nuts (unsalted/not roasted etc) but I'm dying for something more interesting, not really a big fruit fan lol

Cutting all snacks is the easiest way of losing weight.

People say things like raw carrots and celery. It rather takes the fun out of the snack but helps towards the no snack diet.

P.S. The only thing I have between meals with calories is beer.

Cutting all snacks is the easiest way of losing weight.

People say things like raw carrots and celery. It rather takes the fun out of the snack but helps towards the no snack diet.

P.S. The only thing I have between meals with calories is beer.

Really? I could prob go without any snacks during the day but at min I'm trying to add(or at least maintain) muscle and reduce bodyfat. It's going well, just struggling with things to eat having growing up as a fussy eater!

Really? I could prob go without any snacks during the day but at min I'm trying to add(or at least maintain) muscle and reduce bodyfat. It's going well, just struggling with things to eat having growing up as a fussy eater!

If you want to gain weight and lower body fat you want something that is digested and absorbed slowly to avoid fat synthesis. Something with protein and complex carbohydrates and lots of fibre. Fruit like apples seems the best idea. I'd have thought nuts were a bad idea if you are trying to lower body fat, although a good choice for other reasons.

Day one of a 3 day fast.

Did this a couple of months ago......cleanse the system and reset insulin levels.

I lost 10 pounds 3 months ago doing this and then the 5+2........and the weight has stayed off even though i've been eating brick the last couple of weeks.

Off on holiday in a month so wanna drop another half a stone.

I eat well and exercise but this is a diet I can stick to, on/off....jobs a goodun. And there is a large body of scientific evidence it works

Whole heartedly agree with fasts, I usually do vegetable juice ones with small amounts of fruit, one week is easily a stone weight loss (if you are carrying a high % body fat). But I ensure part of that is a rich stream of natural source alkaline minerals.

Now that explains it, you disappear, go on a fast for 3 days, come back with different views. Budha!

Whole heartedly agree with fasts, I usually do vegetable juice ones with small amounts of fruit, one week is easily a stone weight loss (if you are carrying a high % body fat). But I ensure part of that is a rich stream of natural source alkaline minerals.

Now that explains it, you disappear, go on a fast for 3 days, come back with different views. Budha!

Gifter, I'm surprised you put on much weight with your focus on diet. You imply you drop a stone regularly but it sounds like it comes back on again, how come?

Also what are your natural alkaline minerals, Mg, Ca ? And what foodstuffs' nuts and pulses?

Gifter, I'm surprised you put on much weight with your focus on diet. You imply you drop a stone regularly but it sounds like it comes back on again, how come?

Also what are your natural alkaline minerals, Mg, Ca ? And what foodstuffs' nuts and pulses?

I don't drop a lot of weight, it was third person 'if you are carrying'. Though I probably drop 8 pounds I'd guess, haven't done one for a couple of years though, much better to try to focus on diet as a means of no longer requiring cleanse/medicine.

Don't have time to cover alkaline minerals adequately, will tomorrow or friday, peeps really should be up on them though especially if they are doing prolonged exercise.

Back