• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Quickest way to lose weight?

bump

So i came back from the US thinking i was going to gain major weight but i've amazingly managed to maintain weight (65kg..about 10.3 stones). Although i ate a reasonable amount of 'bad' food i managed to balance it out with 'not so bad' food:lol:

Anyway i need to lose a bit more weight fast so i can start hitting the weight. My goal is to drop down to 9 and a half stones by the end of the year (or quicker if possible) but how do i go about doing this? i'm eating a decent amount of fiber and i literally only drink water (i haven't eaten chocolate or crisps since early September). Any suggestions to lose weight fast?

Last edited:
bump

So i came back from the US thinking i was going to gain major weight but i've amazingly managed to maintain weight (65kg..about 10.3 stones). Although i ate a reasonable amount of 'bad' food i managed to balance it out with 'not so bad' food:lol:

Anyway i need to lose a bit more weight fast so i can start hitting the weight. My goal is to drop down to 9 and a half stones by the end of the year (or quicker if possible) but how do i go about doing this? i'm eating a decent amount of fiber and i literally only drink water (i haven't eaten chocolate or crisps since early September). Any suggestions to lose weight fast?

I like you i always have so do not take this wrong way because i do not want to sound sarky but have your tried doing some exercise. Im not talking about all that gay gym **** that the youngsters do these days, i mean roper old school running/jogging/cycling. Hell even walking an extra 3 or 4 miles a day would properly help you drop a few more pounds and it wont cost you **** in gym fees.

bump

Well I've been doing this 80% diet for nearly two weeks and lost 3lbs. Not much, people at work sceptical but it appears to work for me. The idea as the first line is to eat only until you are 80% full. You have to gauge what your 80% is. So far, it works for me.

bump

Calories in vs calories out. That's all anybody needs to know about losing weight.

It's painfully obvious but people just can't be bothered. Work out your BMR, add on calories for activity (without overestimating!!) and eat 300-500 calories less than that. Guaranteed to lose weight.

On a side note, what possible reason would you want to be as light as 60kg(ish)? You must be incredible short for a man to want to be that light, if you're anywhere near average you'll look like a stick figure.

No white flour, no white pasta, no white rice, no processed sugar…fruit sugars only (some honey maybe)…whole foods, 5 small meals a day as opposed to three big, an hour-an hour 20 of exercise 4-5 times a week where heart rate is pushed hard…I lost 20lbs in 6 weeks doing this very recently...

No man should be under 10 stone

If you're short, you should still be over 10 stone

You'll look like a child / girl and not be able to punch your weight in the bar / on the pitch

There was a lad at my work, did extreme training, cycled to work 20 miles, ran marathons, worked his **** off training... just looked like a 5'8'' pansy with the body of a 12 year old

Play squash. I started in May haven't changed my diet at all play either twice or three times a week and have almost lost 2 stone. Giving booze a break every now and again works wonders as well but that's boring lol

No man should be under 10 stone

If you're short, you should still be over 10 stone

You'll look like a child / girl and not be able to punch your weight in the bar / on the pitch

There was a lad at my work, did extreme training, cycled to work 20 miles, ran marathons, worked his **** off training... just looked like a 5'8'' pansy with the body of a 12 year old

I agree with this. Obviously if you are seriously training for a marathon or endurance events you would look to be that small because it will help your sport but unless you're serious about endurance athletics there's no need.

I'm 5'11" and just over 11 stone (down from 14) and I feel tiny at the moment. I'm lean carrying some muscle but in a t shirt I just look small whereas before I was carrying a lot of fat but at least I filled out a shirt. Lost a lot of strength too.

Oh well, bulking season is upon us. Need to get back in the gym.

You also have to be careful as you get older with the speed with which you lose weight.

I recently lost 20lbs in 6 weeks after really upping my training and switching to a very lo-carb diet. About 2 weeks ago, I fainted and subsequently had two or three other 'near faints'. Absolutely flying through training, playing football like a man 15 years younger, EKG functions were absolutely solid, blood sugars were back down in the 'ultra normal' range…turned out my Doc said that my body was simply not used to the speed of change, and once I'd burned the fat, it was confused and was reacting like I was 'starving' because my calorie intake wasn't matching my training workouts/day-to-day burn. I started laughing (still have a bit of a belly on me) but three of them told me it was an absolute fact and that I should ease off a bit, stabilize and plateau to allow my body to catch up.

You also have to be careful as you get older with the speed with which you lose weight.

I recently lost 20lbs in 6 weeks after really upping my training and switching to a very lo-carb diet. About 2 weeks ago, I fainted and subsequently had two or three other 'near faints'. Absolutely flying through training, playing football like a man 15 years younger, EKG functions were absolutely solid, blood sugars were back down in the 'ultra normal' range…turned out my Doc said that my body was simply not used to the speed of change, and once I'd burned the fat, it was confused and was reacting like I was 'starving' because my calorie intake wasn't matching my training workouts/day-to-day burn. I started laughing (still have a bit of a belly on me) but three of them told me it was an absolute fact and that I should ease off a bit, stabilize and plateau to allow my body to catch up.

That's like 1 and a half stone in 6 weeks? i envy you:lol:

That's like 1 and a half stone in 6 weeks? i envy you:lol:

Trust me mate, the subsequent fainting stuff properly freaked me out. Never had anything like that before, but realized (with doctors) that I've also never done such a radically different lo-carb diet. I was eating brown carbs but absolutely no whites. And to be fair my friend, I could realistically do with losing more! But now just trying to slow it all down a bit…age is a bitch for all this sorta stuff...

Definitely agree about the age part. I'm mid 30s, and I find that my weight won't disappear and in fact I've put on over a stone this year!! I've tried shifting and even though I'm eating less, it just won't go. Think I'm going to get back in to running in a big way. Need to lose the stone before Christmas, otherwise I'll have 2 stone to lose afterwards.

I lost 18kg in 12 weeks this time last year. It was simply a case of logging everything I ate on myfitnesspal.com and recording any exercise.

Back