• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Quickest way to lose weight?

So i'm pretty happy about my weight (not so much my height) but can't help thinking i can do with losing a few more pounds. I'm 5'9 (well 5'8 and a half to be exact) and 10 and a half stone but ideally i want to get to 10 stone and have given myself 1 month to lose it.

I'm going gym quite regularly which is fine but do tend to eat the wrong food. What is the best diet plan where you lose the weight the fastest?

I lost 4 stone in 6 months not working out at all. Just totally changed my diet. Stopped eating potatoes, white bread, red meat, cheese, butter, mayo and started eating nuts, chicken, fish, salads, whole grain bread.
I replaced butter/mayo on bread with mustard and instead of eating four slices of bread I would eat two with much more chicken/fish on.
I also eat a lot of spicy food which I suspect help the metabolism.

My advice to lose weight would be to eat less starch, sugar and saturated fat and more vegetables, proteins and healthy fat. Eat fewer calories than you burn. It's better to eat many small meals than few big meals. Also, eat more calories early in the day and fewer late.

I can lose around a stone a month minimum by following these rules:

- No breakfast or lunch (you get used to it)
- if you're starving, have a bag of Quavers or Wotsits (<100 calories)
- no sugar drinks (I go for light ribena)
- restrict alcohol to weekends
- eat what you want for dinner (and really go for it if you've had no calories during the day)

This will create a caloric deficit. You will burn more calories than you're consuming.

You will lose around 2-3 pounds a week, easily, and this is with no exercise

If you exercise (particularly weight training) I imagine the fat will melt even faster

But just make sure you eat a few more calories for dinner if you're pushing it

about two months ago decided to go on a health kick again.

For a month i restricted myself to 1200 calories a day and rowing for half hour a day and reducing alcohol to maybe one night a week. To no avail - I lost about 2kg which I was not impressed with.

I decided to increase my intake to 2200 a day and exercise 3 days a week and keeping alcohol to one day a week. I have lost four kg since in a space of three weeks. My BMR is 2500 with my Total Daily Expenditure around 3200.

I would just make sure you dont reduce intake below BMR whatever that is. Use the calculator - its pretty brilliant

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I would suggest finding what your body 'reacts' to the most. For me it's whites and processed sugar. No white flour plus no processed sugar plus regular exercise and 3 litres of water a day = weight loss. Problem for me is, as I get older I get, err, slacker!!!!!!! But general rule of thumb when exercising regularly is whole foods and hydrate, low to no white flour/rice/pasta and low to no processed sugars.

I could lose a quarter of a pound by chopping a gonad* off.*

I call them my McDonalds.

*may not be true

Eat less exercise more simple
Was about to say the same thing, it's not hard.

Find out what your base intake is to maintain body weight, eat below this caloric intake per day and up exercise regularly. Avoid sugar as much as possible, and try to eat whole foods.

Was about to say the same thing, it's not hard.

Find out what your base intake is to maintain body weight, eat below this caloric intake per day and up exercise regularly. Avoid sugar as much as possible, and try to eat whole foods.

I dont think it is that easy. People tend to go too much the other way i.e. eat such low calories or although they eat BMR they exercise so much that you are still in defecit by about 1500-2000 calories.

Its easy to say eat less but if you eat 2000 calories of big macs will you lose weight? I think you gotta think about the proteins, carbs and fat too - I foudn the scooby link is brilliant and has given me proper guidance rather than just a figure 20% below TDEE.

I cant really talk as im overweight but my body fat is 30% which I need to reduce by about 33% which is an arduous task but I wanna keep the muscles I have which by reducing my intake so low would mean I lose muscles.

The cheat way - long hot bath with about 1kg of epsom salts (them cold shower). Very good for relaxation also. I love 'em.

I lost 4 stone in 6 months not working out at all. Just totally changed my diet. Stopped eating potatoes, white bread, red meat, cheese, butter, mayo and started eating nuts, chicken, fish, salads, whole grain bread.
I replaced butter/mayo on bread with mustard and instead of eating four slices of bread I would eat two with much more chicken/fish on.
I also eat a lot of spicy food which I suspect help the metabolism.

My advice to lose weight would be to eat less starch, sugar and saturated fat and more vegetables, proteins and healthy fat. Eat fewer calories than you burn. It's better to eat many small meals than few big meals. Also, eat more calories early in the day and fewer late.

Clear, concise and bang on.

My biggest weight loss followed moving back to London from Los Angeles (25lb in about a year).

The first reply had it pretty much bang on (although I don't believe cutting out red meat makes much difference). Everyone knows how to be healthy, it's just nobody can be bothered to do it. We all know alcohol, sweets, fizzy drinks, fast food etc... is bad for us.

I firmly believe that for every man (and most every woman) to get the body you want you will need to gain some muscle. Low body fat is good, but without muscle it just looks horrible.

Hit the gym, lift weights and do some cardio afterwards, eat a calorie deficit and you will lose weight.

The best thing is to post a picture of your goal physique and what you currently look like to see what you need to do. Even if you don't want to post it, it's always nice to have a 'before' photo

So i'm pretty happy about my weight (not so much my height) but can't help thinking i can do with losing a few more pounds. I'm 5'9 (well 5'8 and a half to be exact) and 10 and a half stone but ideally i want to get to 10 stone and have given myself 1 month to lose it.

I'm going gym quite regularly which is fine but do tend to eat the wrong food. What is the best diet plan where you lose the weight the fastest?

Lol. 7 pounds in a month?! You can lose that in a week! Google the 5+2 diet. Done

Back