• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT: Spurs vs Woolwich Nomads

Lamella card has totally changed the game, he was the breaking play. Looked very soft as well. Do t think wellbeck was getting within 20 yards of that.

Well, we played well that half, but hardly created any chances, they seem to get more space in our box than vice versa, despite our pressing and possession.

We need to create more chances through their middle if we can't get wide, and we have drilled a few times, we need more running onto them.

The ref has had an excellent game in my opinion, game has really flowed and yellows only when necessary.

This is bum squeak time, if we want to win this, I feel it'll be two quick goals I feel. But they are dangerous and diving in for tackles too.

Lamela off and either Chadli or Son on. Lamela has had one shot off his shin and you just know he will make another rash tackle. The final ball has been terrible. Must improve or this game will be lost. The Jammy Arse know how to close the tight ones out. GHod I hate those cnuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We looked careless when we were dominant. We refused to be dangerous. Dele Alli, Kane and Eriksen were lackadaisical. The only players I can applaud this first half are Rose, Dembele and Lamela. Dier looks awful - a passenger.
i agree completely. they were nervous and there for the taking. but we didnt have the quality to capitalise. i was hoping eriksen might get on the ball and calm us, but he was as bad as the rest of them.

?
We overran them for the first 35 mins and then they get one on the break. I think you're letting your nerves get to you.

One break? They have looked dangerous everytime they counter, we have been lucky their decision making has been brick.

I'm all for positives but we do not look like a team with the best defensive record in the league. Eriksen and Alli haven't turned up.

Radio5 "experts" say that Wenger is deploying two holding midfielders (Coq and Ninny) for the first time since forever, because he is scared of Spurs and Koscielny is out.

I think he saw how Wet Spam befuddled the midfield and wants to do the same, springing forward with pace (Welbeck and Dirty Sanchez)

COYMFS, LET'S DO THIS
Far too accurate, grab a goal when the oppo presents itself; we need to too.

I hope we win this but the play so far has been unlike Spurs this season especially when we are on the ball. We appear more impatient this game. Normally we pass the ball a bit more.

PS I am beginning to agree on Walker. If only he could cross better a la Rose.

Dele Alli is letting us down at the moment, doing nothing at all. Needs to shape up.

Their keeper saved our good chance (Lamela) Hugo didn't save theirs. We've had more of the ball and a few set pieces that we have wasted.

Was getting a sinking feeling as the half wore on, because the longer it stayed 0-0 the more they would come into it. And we have conceded first AGAIN.

Next goal wins imo. We need some inspiration from somewhere.

We won the battle in midfield, but honestly, we've laced any sort of threat, and the goal is a daunting one in that regard because they have two DMs in front of their back four and have shut us down in the final third very comfortably.

It's not been a bad performance: quite good when it comes to ball recovery. Chance creation, not so much. Don't know how much we can change that up in the second forty-five given that most of the midfielders and defenders are playing well enough (well, bar perhaps Wimmer, who's had one or two wobbles at the back that have led to sustained periods of Arsenal pressure).

Either way, as I said, lose and it won't be fatal to our top four hopes at all. Title talk was, is and has always been premature and short-sighted as all hell anyway.

Not good.
We have been the better side.
Should have scored 2
They scored with their first shot.
We will overcome

Not sure really what the big worry I'd with lamela, the commentators were also bricking themselves.

He has to watch out now, every time he approached a challenge.... Why?

I hope we win this but the play so far has been unlike Spurs this season especially when we are on the ball. We appear more impatient this game. Normally we pass the ball a bit more.

PS I am beginning to agree on Walker. If only he could cross better a la Rose.
It's coz they are pressing us in the middle - hence wenger's deployment of two holding mid. Either we overrun them in there, quicker passing, or quicker out wide and whip in balls.

+1 on the poor display comments. The first 10, we could say that we might have been looking the better side, especially with half their players looking off the pace. Since then however they have retained a good defensive shape and pressed our back three forcing long balls into congested area's. We are trying to be direct, but Kane isn't getting much joy, whilst Alli and Lamela aren't performing from and offensive point of view. There has been a lot of poor touches across the pitch and only Dembele, Rose and perhaps Eriksen look comfortable with the tempo.

Lamela has been great defensively although if anyone is going to get a red today it's him. My problem with Lamela is he's slow as brick; if he had a turn of pace he'd be world class, say for instance when he was almost clean through on goal.

Anyways this one is going to be a long second half and we need to force them back. This is harder than usual as Welbeck is better than Giroud in that he's making our defenders think, happy to drop deep as well as break down the flanks. I'd like to see Son or Chadli on at some stage and maybe even Mason for Dier if things run on like this for too much longer.

They have been playing well and limiting our chances. Their left side is there for the taking, though. A few better crosses by Rose is all that's needed. Alli looks a bit off, by the way.

Back