• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Man U

I think we'll lose comfortably. As soon as we play good teams, we struggle. I think we'll lose 2-0. The players will fight for a result and keep the score respectable but ultimately our team is 'sick' and not in that cringeworthy way that teenagers refer to the word.

If i recall, under Harry we got spanked by the scum 4-0 at their place, and then the following game was Utd at home, where we also got spanked 3-0....so signs dont look great!

Much as I dont think AVB is the man for us, I would never in a million years "hope" Spurs lose, just to speed up his exit - thats not what being a fan is about. I hope we pull something out of the fire..........somehow...........anyhow............by some miracle.

Unfortunetly what I want and what I think will actually happen are two very different things. My heart says 3-0 Spurs, brilliant team selection and tactical management from AVB, and a team united together, determined to make up for last week with a peformance we have been dreaming about all season.

My head says we get thumped by 4 goals and AVB gone by Monday.

Trust me mate, my biggest concern isn't the game. It's whether our new managers name will fit in with the "blue and white army" chant.

i've gone for 2-1 Spurs, just think we'll see a reaction from the first team against a pretty hit and miss utd side.

ducks for cover...

BaQKwlkIIAAzRRo.jpg

Good on ya Mers.

I think after last night we just have to accept that AVB is and always will be a caution first type manager. If he can't let the lads just go for it or try a different style in a meaningless match he is never going to change, least not against united.

We will play 433 same back four as last weekend, middle 3 should be sandro Pauli and dembele but holtby mute get then of ahead of dembele, Lennon wide right Lamela wide left Bobby up top unless ADE recovers. Siggy and Townsend options from the bench.

If we play this team and the players aren't up for it we will get smashed by a united te that aren't that great.

Would love to see 442 with same team but dembele upfront supporting bobby but that would be too risky for AVB. Surely we can't play as badly as last weekend?!

COYS give us fans something to cheer!

Soldado
Sigurdsson - Lamela - Lennon
Dembele - Sandro
Vertonghen - Chiriches - Dawson - Walker
Lloris​

Subs: Friedel, Kaboul, Naughton, Paulinho, Holtby, Adebayor, Townsend

PLEASE.

-------------------------Lloris------------------------
Walker-------Kaboul-------Vlad--------Vertonghen
Lennon-------Sandro------Dembele-----Townsend
-----------------------Lamela------------------------
------------------------Adebayor---------------------

What AVB will do:

-------------------------Lloris-------------------------
Walker-------Dawson---------Vlad-----------Verts--
---------------Sandro---------Paulinho---------------
-----Lennon----------Holtby-------------Siggy-----
-----------------------Soldado------------------------

Agree on both counts, we'd be in danger of being somewhat entertaining with that first team though, I'm not sure I could handle it after going cold turkey.

Playing kaboul and vlad together would be an absolute nightmare in my opinion..

At least daws and vlad have some experience playing together and were forming some semblance of a solid partnership..

Kaboul appears to have lost a yard and should be third or fourth choice.. Daws and vlad must start.

Just watched Spurs TV, they showed a replay from 2000-1 season where we played manyoo last game of the season. we still had Ferdinand, davies, korsten, carr, Sullivan ... and we won 3-1 ! Admittedly some of their starting 11 didn't play, they'd won the league, but it was their third loss on the bounce and Hoddle was in charge with Hughton (sans clipboard) as deputy.

Wish we got that this coming sunday ...

i've gone for 2-1 Spurs, just think we'll see a reaction from the first team against a pretty hit and miss utd side.

ducks for cover...
Barbed wire - Check
Sharp pen - Check
Paying anybody 200 pounds for the whereabouts of mr. Optimistic over here... This should be fun, just in time for the 5 o'clock news...

Back