• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Man U

Sunday we need to try and finally gets balls in the box and try and get soldado into the game .

Play Lennon on the right Townsend on the left and ask them to beat the full backs and get balls into the box.

This is where soldado wants to be in the box pauline this supposed box to box midfielder arriving late.
Maybe lamela in the hole is forever coming inside so give him the chance there and sandro in the middle to do all the dirty work.

Just spent the better part of an hour watching all the old 'AVB, welcome to Spurs' videos floating around Youtube. Such hope. Such expectation. And most importantly, such confidence that finally, at long last, we had a manager whose plan for games was more than 'go out there and play'. A tactical, calculating, steely young manager ready to show the world why he was right and they were wrong, building a dynasty at Spurs in the process that would last well beyond him. A man who would take us, kicking and screaming, into the modern era. At last.

And now, it looks like we've come full circle. A hesitant, probably somewhat panicky young manager facing criticism from all angles and a team unable to pass two metres forward against a Norwegian pub side earning 1/1000th of what they do. And, finally, some GG members turning on our once-hailed messiah, claiming that he's too calculating, too cautious, too focused on a system instead of allowing spontaneity. An exact reversal of the criticism his predecessor faced (too off-the-cuff! too open! no plan B!) with the same symptoms reoccuring (unable to break down gritty, no-nonsense sides/horribly weak mentally/no spine, no bottle, no heart/seemingly on the verge of a collapse).

Some things just don't ****ing change, eh?

----------------Lloris----------------

Walker---Daws------Chiriches---Verts

---------Sandro-----Dembele-------

Lennon--------Lamela-----------Siggy

---------------Soldado------------

Come on, Andre. Somewhere down there beneath that puffy overcoat beats the heart of a brilliant young manager who blasted absolutely everyone he faced into pieces with a Porto side that, two years on, would still like nothing better than for him to return and rebuild that joie de vivre they had that magical year. Overcome your fears. Instill some courage into the hearts of our scared young men. Put your doubts and misgivings to one side. Trust them. And get them to trust you.

Restart your second beginning here. Against Manchester ****ing United. No better place, and no better f*cking time.

Show us what you've got, Andre. Or at the very least, go down swinging, clawing, biting, and swearing.

3-2 Spurs. Dembele with the first, a Rooney equalizer,followed by a Jones header from a corner. After half-time, though, a Spurs blitz, one that lasts the entire forty-five,and fills United hearts with palpitating fear and Spurs hearts with long-suppressed pride. Siggy with a long-range screamer to level it, forty minutes of bashing down the door and then finally a Soldado penalty in injury time to seal a famous come-back.

Fairy tales don't get much f*cking better. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Nice one, Dubai son. Don't like your team ( with Verts at left back - no way) but it was a good read.

Lets hope fairy tales come true - and AVB comes out all guns blazing rather than go down with a wimper.

I don't want to see Vertonghen there and I can't see any other options.

Its not a bad shout if we want to play a reasonably tight game. Naughton's shortcomings are going forward. He's been no worse than any of our 3 other left backs defence-wise. Rooney and RVP would be too much for Dawson and Kaboul. Vertonghen has to start back there.

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Townsend
Sandro
Lamela Dembele Sigurðsson
Soldado Adebayor

Townsend at left back??? I think it might work. A bit like Bale, only backwards. I want to see us come out of the traps like greyhounds and go straight for the jugular. Of course, we won't do anything of the sort, and we won't see anything like this lineup. We'll come out and play the usual way, United will be the ones going for it in the early stages; they'll look to get themselves in front, then pick us off on the break as our flaccid attempts to penetrate become ever more vain and desperate. 0-3, I'd say, and a few tears before bedtime on here.

Adebayor is rated as doubtful for this one with a groin injury. I cant see AVB selecting him over Defoe.

Would like to see Lamela centrally and Holtby on the bench, but we know that that wont happen. Its going to be yet another game whereby Holtby drops deep and in conjunction with Sandro and Paulinho, fail to play a telling pass all game. Meanwhile, Soldado stays up top with no-one in 30 yards of him, the wide men stay side and Soldado gets more and more ****ed off that he joined.

Hate to be negative but we know AVB wont change his tactics despite them failing. Best case I can see on Sunday is 1-1 or 0-0; a defeat and it could be curtains for AVB

Sunday we need to try and finally gets balls in the box and try and get soldado into the game .

Play Lennon on the right Townsend on the left and ask them to beat the full backs and get balls into the box.

This is where soldado wants to be in the box pauline this supposed box to box midfielder arriving late.
Maybe lamela in the hole is forever coming inside so give him the chance there and sandro in the middle to do all the dirty work.

Someone needs to get near Soldado. The wingers never support him and Holtby plays deeper. Agree re Lamela in the no 10 role

----------------Lloris-----------------
Walker--Kaboul--Chiriches--Vertonghen
---------------Sandro----------------
---------Paulinho-----Holtby----------
Lamela----------------------Townsend
---------------Soldado---------------

I like this.

Someone needs to get near Soldado. The wingers never support him and Holtby plays deeper. Agree re Lamela in the no 10 role

Point being get the ball in the box to him that's where he gets all his goals.
Stop going back and forth no penetration through the back lines
If the wide men beat the full back it creates chances

Point being get the ball in the box to him that's where he gets all his goals.
Stop going back and forth no penetration through the back lines
If the wide men beat the full back it creates chances

Yep, though he also needs support. We put crosses etc in the box and he's the one man there - we dont exactly make it difficult for the opposition defence! Was looking closely at this during the Tromso game and when our RW puts a cross in, the LW doesnt get in at the far post to support Soldado and vice-versa. Not sure whether thats a definite instruction but it needs sorting

Its not a bad shout if we want to play a reasonably tight game. Naughton's shortcomings are going forward. He's been no worse than any of our 3 other left backs defence-wise. Rooney and RVP would be too much for Dawson and Kaboul. Vertonghen has to start back there.

I think Naughton is good going forward if he wants to. He certainly pick a pass. It's his concentration that generally lets him down.

Any pairing that isn't Dawson and Kaboul will do me.

Yep, though he also needs support. We put crosses etc in the box and he's the one man there - we dont exactly make it difficult for the opposition defence! Was looking closely at this during the Tromso game and when our RW puts a cross in, the LW doesnt get in at the far post to support Soldado and vice-versa. Not sure whether thats a definite instruction but it needs sorting
Thats what the no 10 plus opposite wide man should be doing and a midfielder arriving late in a perfect world

BBC Sport - Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United

Head-to-head

• Manchester United's only defeat in their last 28 league and cup meetings with Tottenham came at Old Trafford last season (W20, D7, L1).
  • Spurs are winless in this fixture at White Hart Lane since May 2001 (D4, L8), when Willem Korsten scored twice in a 3-1 Premier League victory. United veteran Ryan Giggs started that match.
Tottenham

• Tottenham's 6-0 defeat by Emirates Marketing Project last weekend was their heaviest league reverse since a 7-1 loss to Saudi Sportswashing Machine in December 1996.
  • However, they had kept an unrivalled seven clean sheets this season ahead of the latest round of fixtures.
  • Spurs have failed to score in three successive league matches for the first time since January 2009. They last went four matches without scoring in August-September 2006.
  • Excluding a penalty, they have not scored with any of their last 78 shots in the Premier League according to Opta.
  • Prior to the weekend matches, only the bottom two sides - Sunderland and Crystal Palace - had scored fewer than Tottenham's nine league goals.
  • Andre Villas-Boas' side have yet to earn a point from a losing position this season.
  • Michael Dawson is set to make his 300th English league appearance.
Manchester United

• The Red Devils are unbeaten in 11 matches in all competitions, taking 14 points from the last available 18 in the league (W4, D2).
  • United's tally of 21 points from 12 games is their worst return since the 2004-05 season, when they finished third.
  • They have conceded at least one goal in each of their last nine Premier League away games, their worst streak since an 11-match run between August 2002 and January 2003.
  • Robin van Persie has scored in each of his last four league appearances and has 19 Premier League goals in 2013.
  • Ryan Giggs celebrated his 40th birthday on Friday. He is the top scorer in Premier League matches between Manchester United and Spurs, with 10 goals.

My first forum post after reading GG with interest over the past three months! As the game is at the Lane, I'd go for either Option A (4-3-3) or Option B (4-1-3-2):

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Chiriches Vertonghen
Lamela Sandro Sigurdsson
Lennon Soldado Townsend

SUBS: Dembele for Sandro if we really want to go for it; Chadli for Sigurdsson if we want more play down the left wing; Adebayor or Defoe for Soldado if he's not hitting the back of the net!

Lloris
Walker Chiriches Vertonghen Townsend
Sandro
Lamela Sigurdsson Chadli
Soldado Adebayor

SUBS: Lennon for Sigurdsson (with Lamela and Lennon then switching positions), if we need more pace and width; Dembele for Sigurdsson if we want more attacking play down the middle.

Having watched all of our games this season, I would be minded to drop Dawson altogether, and to have Paulinho and Dembele on the bench more often than not. We really, really need to blood Lamela now, and I am not convinced that Townsend on the right wing has been a wise move; he needs to play on the left, either at left-back or left-wing. I also think Capoue should be Sandro's automatic deputy. As for Friedel, I've not been impressed - I would retire him and look for a young keeper in his early 20s who can emulate Lloris' sweeper style, and go on to wear our No. 1 in the future. I quite like Harry Kane, but I do think we need to get rid of Defoe and/or Adebayor in January and buy a striker with more physical presence and/or pace.

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Townsend
Sandro
Lamela Dembele Sigurðsson
Soldado Adebayor

Townsend at left back??? I think it might work. A bit like Bale, only backwards. I want to see us come out of the traps like greyhounds and go straight for the jugular. Of course, we won't do anything of the sort, and we won't see anything like this lineup. We'll come out and play the usual way, United will be the ones going for it in the early stages; they'll look to get themselves in front, then pick us off on the break as our flaccid attempts to penetrate become ever more vain and desperate. 0-3, I'd say, and a few tears before bedtime on here.

How about Townsend (and Lennon) as wing back?

Lloris
Kaboul Chiriches Vertonghen
Lennon Sandro Capoue Townsend
Lamela Sigurðsson
Soldado​

Swap for Walker & Rose if you wanna go more defensive.

BaQFXrYCcAAFQsZ.jpg

---------Eriksen-----Holtby----------

I WANT THIS ! NOT ONLY IN THE NEXT MATCH, NOT ONLY 2 MATCHES IN ROW, I WANT THIS UNTIL FEBRUARY AT LEAST !

---------Eriksen-----Holtby----------

I WANT THIS ! NOT ONLY IN THE NEXT MATCH, NOT ONLY 2 MATCHES IN ROW, I WANT THIS UNTIL FEBRUARY AT LEAST !
Or at least Rose comes back, so february it is then :D

Much as I dont think AVB is the man for us, I would never in a million years "hope" Spurs lose, just to speed up his exit - thats not what being a fan is about. I hope we pull something out of the fire..........somehow...........anyhow............by some miracle.

Unfortunetly what I want and what I think will actually happen are two very different things. My heart says 3-0 Spurs, brilliant team selection and tactical management from AVB, and a team united together, determined to make up for last week with a peformance we have been dreaming about all season.

My head says we get thumped by 4 goals and AVB gone by Monday.

Back