• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Man U

You tell me. Do you think Man U is 1/3 or 1/2 the team that Man C is?
We are playing at home, that counts. People will be booing, people will be leaving at HT so on and so forth. At City it was a party for the home team. Taking all that into consideration, and the fact we've won our last game I think it's safe to say... 0-3.

This is the game that the team emerges. The title challengers. The swashbucklers. The real Spurs.

Lloris

Walker
Chiriches
Vertonghen
Rose

Holtby
Sandro
Dembele

Lamela
Soldado
Gylfi

Wave after wave of sparkling Spurs showmanship. Cross-field passes, back heels, flicks, long range shots: everything we try comes off. We batter these within an inch of their lives until Mores can't stand it any longer and has to go to the dressing room for a cold flannel and a lie-down.

We won't score though, so 0-1, with an own goal off the physio who's trying to drag Hugo off the pitch with concussion after the Fergie-second minute of injury time.

Can see AVB coming to the locker room right after the City match, the door is closed:
AVB : Knock, knock.
Paulinho : Who is it ?
AVB: 0.
Paulinho: 0 who?
AVB: 0-6 maggots...

--------------------------------Hugo----------------------------------

Walker------------Dawson--------------Vlad--------------Super Jan

-------------------Sandro---------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------Siggurdsson--------------------

Lamela-----------------------------------------------------Townsend

----------------------------------Eriksen-----------------------------
-----------------------Bob--------------------------------------------

I imagine the per game dressing room talk is more like:

Avb: so listen up boys I have someone I would like you to meet, and no sandro no-one would like to say hello to your little friend.

He is with us for the year to get some work experience. He's come very highly recommended in a Spanish exchange system.

I'd like you to make him feel rigt at home. That's the Belgian chocolate lot in that corner, the London boys in that corner, the Brazilian sambaing in that corner, our French boys in that corner.

Bobby say hello to everyone

Sold ado: hola mi amigos.

Blank stares all around

Avb: thanks bobby - anyway lads I want you to remember what we practiced this week in training. Possession is nine tenths of the law so whatever you do don't get caught in possession of the ball and make sure you play the ball slowly to conserve your energy for last ten minutes.

Dawson: boss boss do you want me to ave a word

Avb: no Michael you concentrate on learning your spelling words like high line

Daws: ok boss

I imagine the per game dressing room talk is more like:

Avb: so listen up boys I have someone I would like you to meet, and no sandro no-one would like to say hello to your little friend.

He is with us for the year to get some work experience. He's come very highly recommended in a Spanish exchange system.

I'd like you to make him feel rigt at home. That's the Belgian chocolate lot in that corner, the London boys in that corner, the Brazilian sambaing in that corner, our French boys in that corner.

Bobby say hello to everyone

Sold ado: hola mi amigos.

Blank stares all around

Avb: thanks bobby - anyway lads I want you to remember what we practiced this week in training. Possession is nine tenths of the law so whatever you do don't get caught in possession of the ball and make sure you play the ball slowly to conserve your energy for last ten minutes.

Dawson: boss boss do you want me to ave a word

Avb: no Michael you concentrate on learning your spelling words like high line

Daws: ok boss
Nice one with Sandro, the rest not so much...

You know what, I think we should go for it in this game. Throw caution to the wind, over the last few years Man Utd have struggled most when pressure is being exerted on to their unsettled defence, and they are no longer the force on the counter attack that they once were.

Moyes has made them a more defensive side by nature, and I believe it has had the opposite effect to what he hoped in games (Southampton when brought on a defender for a striker to preserve their lead, and last week's deepness against Cardiff spring to mind). We may be struggling but he will see Spurs away as a difficult game still, so is likely to stick 10 or 11 men behind the ball. Let's not dilly dally with the ball in defence or midfield, let's get in their faces, play with some gusto and width and we might, just might beat them.

LLORIS/ WALKER KABOUL CHIRICHES VERTONGHEN/ PAULINHO SANDRO DEMBELE/ LENNON SOLDADO LAMELA would be my preferred team in an orthodox 433 formation. Our attacking midfielders Eriksen, Sigurdsson and Holtby have been average to poor so far, I know the same could be said of Paulinho and Dembele but Paulinho's main problem is his wastefulness and getting caught out high up the pitch with only one man covering the midfield, at least with more protection behind him that would be less of an issue. Lennon on the right and Lamela on the left to stick some balls in to the mixer and maybe Soldado will cause problems, especially if the old donkey Ferdinand plays (he's past it geezers). Townsend and Defoe or Adebayor as impact subs if the chips are down.

Don't worry about them AVB, ATTACK THEM. They are nothing special, their midweek win at Leverkusen was largely down to set-pieces (which we will need to be on our guard for defensively).
They are likely to be without Vidic, Carrick and van Persie, the spine of their team. Let's take advantage of that.

PREDICTION: Tottenham 2-1 Manchester United

COYS

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Vlad Verts

Lennon Sandro Holtby Lamela

Ade Soldado

Probable Line Up

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Vlad Verts

Sandro Paulinho

Townsend Holtby Lennon

Soldado​

Just spent the better part of an hour watching all the old 'AVB, welcome to Spurs' videos floating around Youtube. Such hope. Such expectation. And most importantly, such confidence that finally, at long last, we had a manager whose plan for games was more than 'go out there and play'. A tactical, calculating, steely young manager ready to show the world why he was right and they were wrong, building a dynasty at Spurs in the process that would last well beyond him. A man who would take us, kicking and screaming, into the modern era. At last.

And now, it looks like we've come full circle. A hesitant, probably somewhat panicky young manager facing criticism from all angles and a team unable to pass two metres forward against a Norwegian pub side earning 1/1000th of what they do. And, finally, some GG members turning on our once-hailed messiah, claiming that he's too calculating, too cautious, too focused on a system instead of allowing spontaneity. An exact reversal of the criticism his predecessor faced (too off-the-cuff! too open! no plan B!) with the same symptoms reoccuring (unable to break down gritty, no-nonsense sides/horribly weak mentally/no spine, no bottle, no heart/seemingly on the verge of a collapse).

Some things just don't ****ing change, eh?

----------------Lloris----------------

Walker---Daws------Chiriches---Verts

---------Sandro-----Dembele-------

Lennon--------Lamela-----------Siggy

---------------Soldado------------

Come on, Andre. Somewhere down there beneath that puffy overcoat beats the heart of a brilliant young manager who blasted absolutely everyone he faced into pieces with a Porto side that, two years on, would still like nothing better than for him to return and rebuild that joie de vivre they had that magical year. Overcome your fears. Instill some courage into the hearts of our scared young men. Put your doubts and misgivings to one side. Trust them. And get them to trust you.

Restart your second beginning here. Against Manchester ****ing United. No better place, and no better f*cking time.

Show us what you've got, Andre. Or at the very least, go down swinging, clawing, biting, and swearing.

3-2 Spurs. Dembele with the first, a Rooney equalizer,followed by a Jones header from a corner. After half-time, though, a Spurs blitz, one that lasts the entire forty-five,and fills United hearts with palpitating fear and Spurs hearts with long-suppressed pride. Siggy with a long-range screamer to level it, forty minutes of bashing down the door and then finally a Soldado penalty in injury time to seal a famous come-back.

Fairy tales don't get much f*cking better. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Townsend
Sandro
Lamela Dembele Sigurðsson
Soldado Adebayor

Townsend at left back??? I think it might work. A bit like Bale, only backwards. I want to see us come out of the traps like greyhounds and go straight for the jugular. Of course, we won't do anything of the sort, and we won't see anything like this lineup. We'll come out and play the usual way, United will be the ones going for it in the early stages; they'll look to get themselves in front, then pick us off on the break as our flaccid attempts to penetrate become ever more vain and desperate. 0-3, I'd say, and a few tears before bedtime on here.

Back