• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs KAA Gent - 2nd Leg***

Good job. Try it again with 11 against 11 instead of 12 against 10, and I might have more sympathy.

They deserved their result last week. They deserved nothing today.

what matters is what you get

we got what we were prepared to go and take for ourselves

I meant our players played their hearts out.

Fair enough. That's true.

Nope, that's what you do when you're the significantly worse team. You don't try and outplay a better team and then pat yourself on the back because you've played 'honourably' while losing 5-2. And they'll have gotten an incredible result for them and fair play.

Chelsea did the same and everyone was saying how we'd learn from it. We have not

And we are by no means an innocent team. There's a lot of dirty, petulant fudgers in that team. They've just been sucked in. Poor. fudging poor.

Oh, I'm sure that's what you do when you're a bunch of clams in yellow like this lot were. It just isn't noteworthy. It might have been if it had finished 11 v 11 - as it was, they kept doing it even against ten men, and it was pathetic to watch - especially accounting for how bent the ref was in their favour.

This b*stard in black would have given them ten penalties if they grew enough balls to venture into our box more than twice all game. They couldn't even manage that, against ten men.

Sod 'em.

As for us not being an innocent team....*YES*. Fudgeing *yes*. I hope we get more of those sorts of players. I hope we get players who would slyly two-foot the f*cking *ref* if they feel he's getting too uppity.

All I ask is that they do it more slyly, and more intelligently. Plausible deniability. But I have no objection to us kicking clams like these off the field, every day of the week.

Not being the worst player on the pitch against Monaco, Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Wycombe and Liverpool reserves this season.

He's had 3 decent games this season against Gillingham, Watford and Villa and that's it.

As for tonight we had enough chances to win it. We played really well with 10 men and were caught on the break.

This isn't the end of the world.
Of course he has had horrible games. Dude is out of match practice and his morale is low. That said Dier has been much more poor given the number of games. Lets see what happens in the remaining games. Pochettino is far too loyal to certain players.

Poch put out a strong side. There is no accounting for an own goal, a moment of red mist, and poor finishing (again).
There is some accounting for not creating enough chances in the first three quarters of this tie though. We can put their goal down to bad luck because it was an OG, but our goal in the first half was down to some hopeless defending from them. Other than that we never tested their goalie in that first half. Playing most of it in need if a goal with as strong team.
Good job. Try it again with 11 against 11 instead of 12 against 10, and I might have more sympathy.

They deserved their result last week. They deserved nothing today.
We put ourselves in that very vulnerable position where one away goal tonight meant we had to score 3. On the flip side they put themselves in the opposite position.

Overall they deserved it and well done to them. Not good enough from our lads. And (imo) not good enough from Pochettino.

Cant understand why he took Dembele off, he was our best player together with Eriksen and he did not look tired, think we lost a lot when Dembele went off.
Dembele has to go off after 65 minutes in every game, you must have noticed? Because his hips don't lie.

proud of the guys, played well especially when down to 10 - you wouldn't have guessed it. Seriously though poch, wtf is the point of bringing on janssen with 2mins left, he needs to sort some of his tactical decisions out because quite frankly not good enough and I love poch so says something for me to say it.

Spot on.

I am not Janssen's biggest fan, but I still hope he comes good. But bringing him on like that is pathetic, and rank-bad Man-management. Either bring him on with at least 10 mins to play, or dont bring him on at all. 90th minute is a joke and Pochettino's handling of him lately is not on.
Okay we dont know if anything is/has gone on behind the scenes, but if he has a problem with him, then dont pick him full stop.

We put ourselves in that very vulnerable position where one away goal tonight meant we had to score 3. On the flip side they put themselves in the opposite position.

Overall they deserved it and well done to them. Not good enough from our lads. And (imo) not good enough from Pochettino.

Yes. They deserved it last week. I said as much.

They deserved nothing today, and would have gotten nothing if we'd stayed eleven v eleven - or even if we'd stayed ten v eleven but without that waffle-loving c*nt of a ref giving us nothing except for endless yellow cards for pointing out that he was, in fact, a bent dipstick who probably greedily fondles goats in his spare time.

Fair enough. That's true.

Oh, I'm sure that's what you do when you're a bunch of clams in yellow like this lot were. It just isn't noteworthy. It might have been if it had finished 11 v 11 - as it was, they kept doing it even against ten men, and it was pathetic to watch - especially accounting for how bent the ref was in their favour.

This b*stard in black would have given them ten penalties if they grew enough balls to venture into our box more than twice all game. They couldn't even manage that, against ten men.

Sod 'em.

As for us not being an innocent team....*YES*. Fudgeing *yes*. I hope we get more of those sorts of players. I hope we get players who would slyly two-foot the f*cking *ref* if they feel he's getting too uppity.

All I ask is that they do it more slyly, and more intelligently. Plausible deniability. But I have no objection to us kicking clams like these off the field, every day of the week.

Yep, it's what we should do as well. It's why we don't win trophies and why our record away against the top 6 is so brick. It's why we're brick in Europe, despite consistently being lauded as one of the two or three top teams.

It is noteworthy. They won. We lost. This team won't be remembered because r they lost to Gent and waa waa, they didn't let us just walk over them and play our game. I mean Wtf? This is the kind of brick we used to laugh at arsenal fans about? You think a ferguson or mourinho team would fall for this brick against a tema like this?

Yeah I hope we get more of these players too. I hope we get players that know when to fall over to attract a free kick that gives out team a breather. I hope we get players that do sly tackles. I hope we get players that can manage a team and a game like that. So that we can go to Stamford Bridge or old Trafford or the bernabau or the Allianz arena and go through in a big European tie.

Because I want us to win.

Or we can all cry about the ref and feel sorry for ourselves as we fall short yet again.

Yes. They deserved it last week. I said as much.

They deserved nothing today, and would have gotten nothing if we'd stayed eleven v eleven - or even if we'd stayed ten v eleven but without that waffle-loving c*nt of a ref giving us nothing except for endless yellow cards for pointing out that he was, in fact, a bent dipstick who probably greedily fondles goats in his spare time.
Can we blame the ref for the fact that the one clear cut chance we created in the first half today was down to a 3 player error from them?

No way for me.

Back