• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs KAA Gent - 2nd Leg***

Hope Poch comes out ultra positive. Praises the team. We need to bounce back.

Hope he breaks his habitual omerta and calls the ref the crooked, mother-insulting son of a Siberian sheepdog that he is. It might build team spirit - the ref is the 'other', outside the club, that we can use to foster an 'us against the world' mentality. And this ref is a splendid candidate for such a treatment, the criminal waste of life that he evidently is.

They were brick. Played the ref like a Stradvarius.

As they had surely been coached to do

We've probably played more europa league games than any other club (not called Sevilla), we should know by now the difference in reffing between that and the PL and adjust ourselves accordingly

I thought we created heaps of chances. Shots were well high or wide of goal. Four crosses were mere inches in front of an attacking player. Not clinical.
Second half was better. We had some decent crosses in the first half, but for me we came nowhere near creating enough. Second half was better, but by then it was just a step too far. Overall the away game and the first half today was a clear demonstration of some of the ongoing problems we have.

It seems this is more evidence that Poch is good at setting up our defence and defensive strategies but seems poor in comparison when setting up our attacking - which seems to be just based on lots of running/athleticsm.

Was our attacking today any different to vs Fulham on Sunday? Lots of invention vs two basic teams but how many do we miss? And that seems to be par for the course for us.

Sadly, i think we and him have peaked:(

We have a lot to learn. I love them both, but Dele and Dier are far from the finished article.

Hopefully that tinkle poor European campaign will mean Barca keep their eyes of Poch.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

This is not a response to this match at all because I've been saying this all season when he's been linked to these jobs but I think poch is still a way off from such jobs. He has to win a trophy, have a good European run or consistently finish well above our means in the league.

That is not to say that he is not doing a great job currently because I love the job he's doing.

Disappointed we are out, but bar the finishing that was an excellent performance IMO, especially with the 10 men. They got very very lucky with their goals and had the ref on their side.
Dele lost us the match, simple as.

I think the Dembele sub also was a bit premature. Winks did fine but Dembele was running the match and didn't look tired. Janssen sub that late was ridiculous.

Ref obviously doesn't understand that intentional fouls, for example shirt pulls and dragging a player back, are a yellow card. He reffed the match by reaction rather than fact.The Dele red was correct though.

This is not a response to this match at all because I've been saying this all season when he's been linked to these jobs but I think poch is still a way off from such jobs. He has to win a trophy, have a good European run or consistently finish well above our means in the league.

That is not to say that he is not doing a great job currently because I love the job he's doing.

Me too. Only criticism was more decisive subs. With 10 as we tired around 70 we need two fresh players on.

Hope he breaks his habitual omerta and calls the ref the crooked, mother-insulting son of a Siberian sheepdog that he is. It might build team spirit - the ref is the 'other', outside the club, that we can use to foster an 'us against the world' mentality. And this ref is a splendid candidate for such a treatment, the criminal waste of life that he evidently is.
I would much rather he broke his habit of starting a central midfield with close to zero ability to up our passing tempo.

Start the same midfield this weekend and most likely Stoke will have a central midfield capable of higher tempo passing than our midfield. fudging Stoke!

They were poor tonight which is my point.

I think that we made them look poor tonight but shot ourselves in the foot with sloppy defending, wasting chances up front and the sending off. A brick ref certainly didn't help either. Oh well, at least we won't have to put up with our weekend games being fudged up.

Yep, it's what we should do as well. It's why we don't win trophies and why our record away against the top 6 is so brick. It's why we're brick in Europe, despite consistently being lauded as one of the two or three top teams.

It is noteworthy. They won. We lost. This team won't be remembered because r they lost to Gent and waa waa, they didn't let us just walk over them and play our game. I mean Wtf? This is the kind of brick we used to laugh at arsenal fans about? You think a ferguson or mourinho team would fall for this brick against a tema like this?

Yeah I hope we get more of these players too. I hope we get players that know when to fall over to attract a free kick that gives out team a breather. I hope we get players that do sly tackles. I hope we get players that can manage a team and a game like that. So that we can go to Stamford Bridge or old Trafford or the bernabau or the Allianz arena and go through in a big European tie.

Because I want us to win.

Or we can all cry about the ref and feel sorry for ourselves as we fall short yet again.

Yes. They won. That is not noteworthy to me - firstly, because they're an opposing side and I couldn't care less what they do, and secondly, because even if I were magnanimous enough to find opposing teams succeeding against noteworthy, they did nothing worth remembering that couldn't also have been done by Telford United or some Vanarama League team with a helpfully corrupt ref on their side. Panic, fall over a lot, steam into our lads, slip a brown envelope under the ref's door at half-time, fall over a lot, steam into our lads, panic, fall over a lot...etcetera, etcetera.

Make no mistake, I want us to do that too. I want us to be as c*ntish as possible if it's what wins titles. We are in 100% agreement on this - I'm not one for nobility and being the bigger man when the world is evidently out to f*ck us, and I'd rather we paid everyone back in the same coin if it meant winning.

This is not to excuse the fact that we lost to Gent. We lost, it is a failure, and in an ideal world the ref could send off all 80,000 Spurs fans, ten of the players and Poch and we'd still whallop c*nts like these with just Toby on the field. But...this is only to point out that they did literally nothing noteworthy for me to go 'you know what? I'll note that as something worth remembering.'

Can we blame the ref for the fact that the one clear cut chance we created in the first half today was down to a 3 player error from them?

No way for me.

A) That's an exaggeration, and B) even allowing for the essential truth of that statement, I made it clear that we were still letting ourselves down throughout the game. Be it via a lot of individual errors or Kane being outdone by a Belgian league defender.

I would much rather he broke his habit of starting a central midfield with close to zero ability to up our passing tempo.

Start the same midfield this weekend and most likely Stoke will have a central midfield capable of higher tempo passing than our midfield. fudging Stoke!

I thought his selection was spot on, as the game progressed (although I had differing views at the start) - so much so that I was actually dismayed when Winks came on and we lost all control.

Second half was better. We had some decent crosses in the first half, but for me we came nowhere near creating enough. Second half was better, but by then it was just a step too far. Overall the away game and the first half today was a clear demonstration of some of the ongoing problems we have.

I disagree 100%

I think we had more than enough chances, but simply did not take them. And the whole situation was not helped by the fact that our second highest goal scorer got himself stupidly sent off

Back