• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs KAA Gent - 2nd Leg***

Gulp! So you include Walker, Rose, Dier and Kane in that little lot then. :eek:

I am not saying that they are poor players but the majority of those who make the England squad are usually over hyped. Not naming anyone specific. Take a look through the young players who have been called into the England squad over the last decade or so in a blaze of glory only to fade away just as quickly.

I think it's first and foremost a motivational thing. How many times have we seen Spurs go into an away match in Europe and play like a Sunday league team? It's almost been the rule over the last few years, rather than the exception. It certainly looks like we think it's enough to just show up, and we'll win automatically, because no-one in our team has ever heard of whoever it is we're playing. I think English teams need to wake up and realize that meeting say a ... Swedish side isn't necessarily a walk in the park. Being from Norway myself and having seen a few local clubs go up against bigger opponents over the years, I know first hand how much effort and preparation goes into the tie from everyone involved with the club. The fans, players, coaches, everyone, are looking so much forward to the game, you can bet that everyone out on that pitch will give 100%, and if you then play a team ready to play a La Manga friendly, even though their skill level on paper is way above you, you can of course still win. And it happens time and again. English teams (especially us) just need to wake up and learn that playing a team in Europe isn't the same as playing a non league side. You need to show passion and effort to win.

Back