• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur - Tromsø IL ***

Tromsø's starting XI today:

--------------------- Marcus Sahlman
Hans Norbye - Miika Koppinen - Jaroslaw Fojut - Ruben Kristiansen
-------------- Remi Johansen - Josh Pritchard
Magnus Andersen - Thomas Kind Bendiksen - Thomas Drage
--------------------- Morten Moldskred

They're playing the best team in the league, but they're not resting anyone. The only notable exclusion is Czech striker Zdenek Ondrasek on the bench.

Here's what one of their coaches, Lars Petter Andressen, had to say after witnessing our win yesterday:

"They played really well in this game, controlled everything and had a few attacks where they looked really good - especially how they could suddenly change the pace of the attacking play.

Even if they make a few changes they will still be able to put out a strong side against us. This won't be any easier than Turkey.

We have to be just as solid defensively as the first half against Besiktas. We have to be compact and stop their central players from controlling things. We have to defend well one-on-one against their fullbacks because they have good wide players and fullbacks overlapping. And we have to be good at defending crosses and dare to play when possible. They make a few mistakes at the back, so it's possible to score against them."

Im looking fwd to this too, got my little buzz back after the bale summer now...

AVB will play a strong side and with how good our squad is, were going to see some real quality..

Im looking fwd to this too, got my little buzz back after the bale summer now...

AVB will play a strong side and with how good our squad is, were going to see some real quality..

Potentially the first starts for Vlad and Lamela... Enough to get excited about the game in itself.

Tromsø are beating Rosenborg atm. Tromsø are a **** team whereas Rosenborg aren't a team anymore.

This is why I am a geographical snob, or whatever that thread was called. Norwegian football is a painful watch.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk 4

Tromsø actually looking better today and a well deserved win overall.

Expect them to be hard working and well organized, but severely lacking in individual quality on Thursday. Kind Bendiksen probably the only player with something that can be described as a bit of quality on the ball.

hmm I don't think we can really put out a **** side really. But with 3 games in something like 7 days, would definitely make sense to rotate here. AVB needs to plan ahead and think about who he wants to play v Cardiff too.

Tromsø are beating Rosenborg atm. Tromsø are a **** team whereas Rosenborg aren't a team anymore.

This is why I am a geographical snob, or whatever that thread was called. Norwegian football is a painful watch.

Whats happened to ROsenberg these days. They use to rule Norwegian football some years back, didnt they win the League something like 9 seasons on the bounce?

Whats happened to ROsenberg these days. They use to rule Norwegian football some years back, didnt they win the League something like 9 seasons on the bounce?

The same thing that hopefully will soon happen to ManU and Arsenal: the brilliant coach left and everything fell apart.

Rosenborg used to be a team, the whole club was based on an certain way of football, not much different from what they do at Ajax or Barca.

Instead of keeping it that way, new coaches with new philosophies have been brought in and replaced one after the other. Combine that with a brainless bunch of unqualified buddies in leading positions, and you got yourself a poorly run club with not much of a plan.

Friedel

Naughton
Kaboul
Chiriches
Fryers

Sandro
Holtby

Lamela
Sigurdsson
Chadli

Defoe

It'll probably be "stronger" than that though knowing AVB.

Sounds like Tromso will not only "park the bus" at WHL, they will remove the wheels, board over the windows and set fire to it with 11 men behind the ball?

Friedel

Naughton
Kaboul
Chiriches
Fryers

Sandro
Holtby

Lamela
Sigurdsson
Chadli

Defoe

It'll probably be "stronger" than that though knowing AVB.

Lol. This is what I mean, I don't think we can actually field a "weak" side any more as such. The whole squad is pretty dam good.

Sounds like Tromso will not only "park the bus" at WHL, they will remove the wheels, board over the windows and set fire to it with 11 men behind the ball?
aA
Being tourists in London, they'll most likely hire a double decker, dig a hole in the ground and half-bury it, just to make sure it's not going anywhere. Then they'll reinforce it with snow and do their Arnold Scharzenegger impressions from Batman, like the iceman cometh and let's kick some ice. It's their favorite movie character, because they can relate to Mr.Freeze since they're living so far north. The Polar circle is a good 200 miles south of those poor lost souls up there.

I love that our reserve team still looks so good! Only one player who played v Norwich and yet that is a solid line up with many players who could be regular first team footballers almost anywhere else.

I kinda want them to sit back against us too.

Why? To see how AVB plans to beat that tactic this season. To see if the players movement is good enough, to see if we can do more than just take pot shots from outside the area.

I would highly prefer a shuffled side, although like Rossi said, I doubt AVB plans to rotate much in the EL.

-----------------------Lloris----------------------

Naughton------Kaboul----------Chiriches------Rose

----------------------Sandro---------------------

----------------Holtby--------Siggy--------------

Lamela----------------------------------Townsend

----------------------Defoe----------------------

Subs: Friedel, Daws, Fryers, Dembele, Paulinho, Lennon, Soldado

Subs not used: Verts, Walker, Capoue (inj), Chadli (inj), Ade (granted leave), Eriksen

I would like to see a midfield of Holtby, Eriksen and Sandro. Would love to see how Eriksen and Holtby interlink. Lamela has to play on the right, I guess he was only rested after the Internationals. Chadli on the left, if fit and Soldado upfront.

Why Soldado? The better relationship he can build up with Eriksen, the better for the club.

I think defensively I'd want to see Kaboul and Chiriches alongside Naughton and Fryers as the full backs and Brad in goal.

What is the situation with Lennon? Has anything been said about what is wrong with him and how long he'll be out for?

Back