• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur - Tromsø IL ***

Denmark Spur

Edgar Davids
l4x8.jpg

Thursday September 19th 20:05 at WHL

Tromsø seem to be quite a poor side and will rest players for this one.

We should win this easily and I would put out almost a whole new 11 compared to the Norwich game

Something like this in a 4-3-3:

Friedel, Fryers, Kaboul, Vlad, Naughton, Sigurdsson, Sandro, Holtby, Townsend, Defoe, Lamela

Bench: Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Dembele, Soldado, Kane, Chadli

4-0 Spurs

2 x Defoe, Siggy and Lamela

5bk.png

looks about right to me. time for lamela and defoe to get on the scoresheet
has vlad got his work permit yet and has chadli recovered from injury?

Spurs have met Norwegian opposition once before in Europe.

We were paired against Lyn, Oslo in the 1972-73 UEFA Cup 1st Round with Spurs winning 6-3 in Oslo and 6-0 at the Lane for a 12-3 aggregate score.

Martin Peters, John Pratt, Alan Gilzean (2) and Martin Chivers (2) scored the goals in Norway.

Martin Chivers (3), Ralph Coates (2) and Jimmy Pearce scored the goals at White Hart Lane.

Tottenham Hotspur in Europe 1961-62 to 2013-14

Think I'm going to go to this one, seems like there's a lot of tickets left, haven't been to WHL for a few months and reckon we'll see a couple of the new purchases in the team as well.

Looking forward to a good performance.

I'm excited for this. I think we'll score atleast 3 goals. This would be my team:

Defoe
Townsend - Holtby - Lamela
Dembele - Sandro
Naughton - Kaboul - Dawson - Walker
Friedel​

----------------------------Friedel-----------------------------

Naughton-----------Kaboul-------Chiriches-----------Fryers

----------------------Sigurdsson----Sandro------------------

----Lamela-------------------Holtby--------------Townsend--

------------------------------Defoe----------------------------

Chiriches to have his WP by then?

-----------Defoe
---Chadli Holtby Lamela
------Sandro Dembele
Rose Kaboul Chirches Naughton
-----------Lloris

Yea probably this. I wonder if he has Lamela in his plans for Cardiff, as a starter I mean. Maybe will take him off early.

Chadli to start on left?

Only reason I put Naughton on the left was because of his brilliant partnership we saw with Townsend on the right. With Lamela to be cutting in, I thought Walker playing would be pretty good. and If Chiriches is sorted for this one, then yeah I'd play him too.

I think AVB might use the game to help build an understanding between Kaboul and Vertonghen // Paulinho and Sandro.

Also, give Eriksen game time with Lamela. Going by his press conference the other day, he'll want to use an early cup game like this to get the team gelling together. I reckon the line-up will be something like:

------------lloris
naughton---kaboul--vert---rose
------sandro---paulinho
--lamela----eriksen----chadli
-----------soldado

With Defoe, Holtby and Townsend getting subbed on at some point in the game.

you could be right there DZA about the gelling thing, it's nice to be able to rotate in these types of games but with so many new players we could possibly be better served by giving game time to the players you list above

Playing Rosenborg at 6pm so will be interesting to see what sort of team they put out for that. I know all of Tromso players perfectly so i can tell you if they are keeping players back for thursdays game.

Playing Rosenborg at 6pm so will be interesting to see what sort of team they put out for that. I know all of Tromso players perfectly so i can tell you if they are keeping players back for thursdays game.

They are not.

They've been quite open that they will be resting players on Thursday as they're involved in a fight against relegation in the league.

Rosenborg should win that easily and Rosenborg are not very good. We should spank them by 4 or 5 goals, even with our second choice players.

Interesting how the other 4 teams in the bottom 5 are playing each other. Could leave Tromsø in a precarious situation.

I would go with this too, and take off Lamela for Chadli in the second half.

Back