• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs vs Everton ***

I can understand the stick stellini is getting but it wasnt Stellini who got sent off and it wasnt Stellini tinkling around with the ball and inviting them on to us

The players need to take responsibility on the pitch.
But tactically it’s a set up that we have okayed all season with him as one of the coaches right
And his subs were cowardice imo

To be fair, I actually think it is a key part of Conte/Stellini’s tactics to try and play it out from the back under pressure - we’ve done it constantly under them.
Problem is that our players don't have the composure nor the overview to do so at a consistant level. I get that playing the most marked man all over the pitch is the Tottenham way, but at the back it invites pressure and breeds insecurity. Where we would be without Kane this season I'd rather not think about.

The subs were fine to be honest in principle, Lenglet was walking a tight rope, already gave a foul away after the yellow so the choice was to drop to a 4 which we haven’t really practiced or play this season or play Sanchez who didn’t really do anything wrong. Also needed to try to pressure their defenders who were pushing forward and Moura is a workhorse, albeit no end product but high press is usually his forte.

neither those excuse the 11 players on the pitch, Lloris who I don’t blame for the goal as that was a worldie and went like a rocket, constantly put our defence under pressure making them drop back until even Holjberg was in the defensive 5 to open up a pass lane. Peresic offered nothing when we were no longer attacking, Dier/Romero and Skipp struggled to find a 5 yard pass and take the sting out giving the ball away time and time again. Kane dropped right back (thus the need for Moura) so no outlet at top. The only one who didn’t really disappoint was Porro although needs to shoot less from dumb angles

Can you think of a more jittery player to bring on away from home while the team is lacking confidence and shape, replacing a player who's played well and can at least control a football and make a pass? Snachez didn't close the shot just swayed out the way.

Bringing on Sarr was the only sub that made sense we were swamped in midfield and they shot and scored from the middle of pitch right outside our box. Football 101. Shaky situation, protecting a lead - pack the middle. We left it exposed and weakened our defense.

The thing is with new managers, they are learning. They see training pitch Sanchez. Whereas we know he isn't commanding or confident in a hostile game like that. Stalini won't make that mistake again. But even playing Sanchez in midfield we'd have won. Take off Lenglet, get compact and put a wall up in front of the defence.

Bring on sarr for son
Bring on Danjuma for son
They are better subs than what we did
We brought on players who are allergic to a football
Sarr is not PL ready at this point. He has the margin to grow, needs a PL loan DESPERATELY if we can find a team that wants him. Has to go through what Skipp went through, minimum of 2 years. Can't talk about Danjuma as we haven't seen him all that much.

Can you think of a more jittery player to bring on away from home while the team is lacking confidence and shape, replacing a player who's played well and can at least control a football and make a pass? Snachez didn't close the shot just swayed out the way.

Bringing on Sarr was the only sub that made sense we were swamped in midfield and they shot and shored from the middle of pitch right outside our box. Football 101. Shaky situation, protecting a lead - pack the middle. We left it exposed and weakened our defense.

The thing is with new managers, they are learning. They see training pitch Sanchez. Whereas we know he isn't commanding or confident in a hostile game like that. Stalini won't make that mistake again. But even playing Sanchez in midfield we'd have won. Take off Lenglet, get compact and put a wall up in front of the defence.
Sanchez
Played out of position
Just in case we lost a centre back…
Take the pressure off in midfield as you say
Daft subs
Almost felt like sabotage to me
Then we bring on Moura who is awful

Oh I agree he is brainless but that goal wasn’t because of our defence
It was a lack of bodies pressing in midfield
Take one more look at it and see Sanchez pos on the shot, his outside the block sone, and he dont move out on the shooter… its been like this all year! We defend 4-5 meters from the attacking player… fck it! The worst this is that Everton bloddy desirved it with the hard work for 96 min..

Modric and Vinicius maybe….
Vinicius had plenty of bad seasons at Madrid. If you would have asked any manager 9 months ago who would he pick, Son or Vinicius, most would pick Sonny. Agree with Modric, we need that type of a player to change our ways. That is were the game changer is. We need a commanding and tall CB next to Romero(VVD type of player) if we are to play with 2 CBs.

We need to clear out so many players but it just cannot be done in one transfer window. All the players out on loan should be gone but Levy will not want to take the hit on them. Ndombele and Le Celso 100 million euros and we would be lucky to get 30 mil for them now. Rodon Winks Regullion Parrot Gil and Scarlett should all be let go. None of them good enough for the premiership. Give Spence a chance and we have Udogie to come in Lenglet is ok as a squad player. Injuries have messed us up badly this season. Will Harry stay or go? I love him but a player of his quality should have multiple trophies christ even Vardy has got a premier league and FA cup and is no where near Harrys consistency and quality. Will Richarlison live up to his price tag? I doubt it, unfortunately he just does not fit at the moment. Perhaps a new manager will get the best out of him.
The big question is who will take hold of the poison chalice that is Spurs under ENIC?

Sarr is not PL ready at this point. He has the margin to grow, needs a PL loan DESPERATELY if we can find a team that wants him. Has to go through what Skipp went through, minimum of 2 years. Can't talk about Danjuma as we haven't seen him all that much.
He's played in the CL and done well. He was the only one available in midfield that has a decent touch and pass to give some control of the game

Take one more look at it and see Sanchez pos on the shot, his outside the block sone, and he dont move out on the shooter… its been like this all year! We defend 4-5 meters from the attacking player… fck it! The worst this is that Everton bloddy desirved it with the hard work for 96 min..
Keane marched forward about 15 metres in contested
That’s not the CBS space

Back