• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs vs Everton ***

Scarlett is 19 and you want to let him go but want to give 22 year old Spence a chance to see if he is good enough? Don't quiet see the sense in that. Look at where Kane was at 19 and if that was the attitude he'd banging in the goals elsewhere.

If Scarlett becomes a first team regular for any premiership club let alone Spurs I will come back and acknowledge I was wrong but just dont see it

His subs were less than stellar, but I doubt he told the defense to muck about playing pig-in-the-middle inside our own box. We are horrible enough passers as it is, but the level of incompetence in this match was on another level.

If we fail to get 4th, as we most certainly will, get rid of all the deadwood and all the talkers. Poch in, with carte blance to kick out all those who let him down last time, no questions asked. Rebuild. Bring back Gil and build around hungry players. Bring in a de facto playmaker, sell Kane if need be. I'd be happy to see us out of Europe a season or two if that means us building for the future rather than patching up the past. With this core it's proven that it really doesn't matter who the manager is.
You would but Levy wouldn’t and he is the man that does the sackings….

Problem is that our players don't have the composure nor the overview to do so at a consistant level. I get that playing the most marked man all over the pitch is the Tottenham way, but at the back it invites pressure and breeds insecurity. Where we would be without Kane this season I'd rather not think about.
We would be about where Everton are I think.

Take one more look at it and see Sanchez pos on the shot, his outside the block sone, and he dont move out on the shooter… its been like this all year! We defend 4-5 meters from the attacking player… fck it! The worst this is that Everton bloddy desirved it with the hard work for 96 min..
Skipp was the player most at fault I felt…. For some reason he initially seemed to move to his right, instead of trying to get between the goal and Keane.

Moura has been a great tottenham player, Ive loved him at the Club. But I hope I never see him in a Spurs shirt again. And if we dont sack Sanchez in the summer we dont want to win anything. Please I dont want him near a first team again. The worst thing is with the team we have now we cant play anything other than 523if we har Royal and sess we could have changed thing up abit. Fck we are bad at the moment

It really wasn’t though it was because we conceded the ball and had our strikers set up 20 yards in front of our defenders
It’s tactical
Weak tactics
Bringing in defensive players made it worse
When you don't have players that can boss the midfield, you are bound to defend. They made us defend even though we had an extra player. If we had players that could keep the ball we wouldn't have to defend, în that situation, to begin with. A man up and a creative midfield... 18th placed team wouldn't have seen the ball. Imagine City defending like we did with a man up against Everton.

That's because we have no players în midfield that can actually keep hold of the ball. One to many CBs, one less creative CM.
It wouldn’t have made much difference if we’d had Modric in there tonight…. We had gone into such a ridiculous low block that it was pretty much impossible to complete a pass or keep the ball. It was terrible management from the sidelines from where nothing was coming. We even could’ve shoved Son central on the half way line and gone long over the top for him, it would at least have made Everton think twice about committing their centre backs to the attack as they were able to do with no risk.

When you don't have players that can boss the midfield, you are bound to defend. They made us defend even though we had an extra player. If we had players that could keep the ball we wouldn't have to defend, în that situation, to begin with. A man up and a creative midfield... 18th placed team wouldn't have seen the ball. Imagine City defending like we did with a man up against Everton.
Sarr coming in for son would have made a massive difference
He can pass better than our other midfielders
The defending issue was tactical from our manager again

It really wasn’t though it was because we conceded the ball and had our strikers set up 20 yards in front of our defenders
It’s tactical
Weak tactics
Bringing in defensive players made it worse

This . Son needs to be relieved of all defensive duties. He can't defend anyway. His strength is playing on the last man. Why are we wasting his talent in an area of the pitch where he adds no value. Beats me.

Nah, plenty of time, it's only been a week since Conte was sacked, etc, etc.

How people can't see the urgency is baffling. Whether for a rebuild in the summer or just to save the slowly dying season now - this brick needs to end, and it is wondrous levels of incompetence to let it go on like this.

Get. Poch. Now.

Failing that, get Gallardo.

Get some new ideas in. Now. Not a hundred days from now when you appoint the Nuno Espirito Santo of 2023.

Now.

As for the players, watching some them in our shirt sickens me - Dier, Sanchez, and many of the rest of these overpaid, fragile, utterly worthless tossers.

They can do one, and good riddance - may we forget they ever here.

It does not matter what Manager we get! the players are the problem especially the defence. The defence is chronic!! They
have no confidence they don't know what their doing and they supposed to be professional footballers. What's even more chronic
is they are getting paid ridiculous money for what they can't do? play football.

It wouldn’t have made much difference if we’d had Modric in there tonight…. We had gone into such a ridiculous low block that it was pretty much impossible to complete a pass or keep the ball. It was terrible management from the sidelines from where nothing was coming. We even could’ve shoved Son central on the half way line and gone long over the top for him, it would at least have made Everton think twice about committing their centre backs to the attack as they were able to do with no risk.

Indeed. This was the tactic I suggest from the outset. If Son is on the pitch he simply must be pushed right upfield.

Back