• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - BAE

Are in a worse position cover wise than we were last season?

No, we struggled with Naughton and Verts out of position last season, but we didn't have to do that this season but chose to do so despite the experience of last season!

Benny at Craven Cottage last night...

Barfa8yIEAAklBZ.jpg:large

Benny at Craven Cottage last night...

Looks like Benny was sat 1 block over from me, wish he was playing as our left back last night after that limp display from Jan!
Considering how influential Walker has been this season it would be so good to have someone on the opposite flank doing the same, rather than having to constantly make do with an out of position RB / CB.

Are we not able to recall him back? Im pretty sure if we could we would have by now.

Ridiculous decision and I dont think we need many transfers just a left back and a good one at that. Everton have two for ****s sakes.

Verts is not happy and you can tell. He wants to be at CB and I would agree with him.

Are we not able to recall him back? Im pretty sure if we could we would have by now.

Ridiculous decision and I dont think we need many transfers just a left back and a good one at that. Everton have two for ****s sakes.

Verts is not happy and you can tell. He wants to be at CB and I would agree with him.

I think we have a recall option in January. If we can't find a left back then he has to come back for sure.

Was BAE a complete left back? No

Is he a better LB than Jan and Rose? Yes

Is he a better left back to Walkers right back? IMHO Yes

Did he give us balance? Yes

I never understand why he went in my opinion, ok he was sometimes caught out but he was in general a solid LB that we got rid of without real cover

You'd hope that we have an option to recall in January but Benny' cryptic tweets suggest that he is not wanted at Spurs.
The whole left flank is a bit of a hotchpotch currently with neither Chadli nor Siggy completely convincing as LAM. Lennon and Lamela took it in turns on left wing last night but both clearly prefer the right, as does Andros.

He moved on loan to the Championship. That says alot.

The love for Benny as a person has clouded peoples judgement as a player imo.

He moved on loan to the Championship. That says alot.

The love for Benny as a person has clouded peoples judgement as a player imo.

I dont think thats the case at all, he was always a very solid LB and better than what we have

When is the earliest we can recall him? When the window opens?

I'd have him back in a heartbeat but maybe I'm pining for the pre-injury Benny. His performances at the end of last season were largely indifferent if I recall correctly. Maybe injuries played a part in that, but seeing him attend our matches shows that he still loves the club and so I'd like to see him given a second chance.

Vertonghen is costing us playing there and he clearly doesn't want to. Some of his recent performances there have been way worse than anything Benny served up. There was hardly a poster on this forum that didn't highlight the risk of going into the season with no cover at left back. That was a massive mistake by the management that could have been avoided. Now we are left with Naughton playing out of position, but to be honest he probably won't do any worse than Vertonghen.

There was some rumours about his injury being rather more serious than we know. I wonder what the real story is here.

Edit: From the PL website
The second transfer window commences at midnight on the 31 December and ends on the 31 January if a working day, and again, if not, on the first working day thereafter, at a time determined by the Board.

Last edited:
Back