• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - BAE

Re: Ekotto - UnOfficially gone to QPR

Exactly, all those clubs have left backs that are better than BAE. What about Fulham then for example? Based in London, Premiership side with an ageing left back who fell out with the manager last year? West Brom? Palace? Norwich? West Ham?

Incidentally, Moyes has clearly been trying to upgrade his left back in the window. Doubt the initials BAE even crossed his mind.

Fact is, outside of Tottenham fans, BAE isn't rated. Most neurals I talk to highlight him as a weak link. He's entertaining but he's always on the verge of a major blunder.

I'm not saying he is right now a top full back that top sides would break the bank to get. But I am surprised that Rose is being preferred. Anyhow I will support Danny and hope he learns to read the game better from left back.

I do rate Ekotto however and I'd like to think I'm not a complete macaron when judging whether a player is good or not. I can't control what other people think... yet. 8-[

Re: BAE

This has actually soured the window alittle. I would (barely) understand the move if we got in an LB. But to get rid when he is clearly our best LB is ****in atrocious. Its not like we even sold him for a big fee. I cant imagine he had an argument with AVB or a fall out of some sort... If they dont like his attitude I cant help but think its a shoddy decision - as long as he performs which he clearly has done (last season he was relatively poor but due to injuries and stop start season I think).

All in all - terrible and doesnt benefit us in anyway shape or form - except a million saved which in the grand scheme of things is not much when you dont have many options in terms of LBs.

I think its more he has a poor attitude and they don't want that hanging around training or rubbing of on anyone else.

I'm not saying he is right now a top full back that top sides would break the bank to get. But I am surprised that Rose is being preferred. Anyhow I will support Danny and hope he learns to read the game better from left back.

I do rate Ekotto however and I'd like to think I'm not a complete macaron when judging whether a player is good or not. I can't control what other people think... yet. 8-[

Fair enough mate, we'll agree to disagree.

If you do manage to control what other people think, can you let me in on the secret please...could be very useful :)

You can't leave that hanging there like that.

You can imagine mate, he reckons that the senior ladies are more trouble than the senior men, on away trips he organises hotels, tournaments etc, they spend all their time trying to embarrass him, many of them are lesbians and they act more laddish than what the men do, they cut up every piece of his clothing on one trip and threw it all out the window of the hotel, he never had a pair of pants left, he was involved in the mens 2006 world cup as a coach, he said the amounts of freebies the players get is unbelievable, laptops and suits galore etc, they just leave them in the hotel rooms when they go home, nice life hey!

You can imagine mate, he reckons that the senior ladies are more trouble than the senior men, on away trips he organises hotels, tournaments etc, they spend all their time trying to embarrass him, many of them are lesbians and they act more laddish than what the men do, they cut up every piece of his clothing on one trip and threw it all out the window of the hotel, he never had a pair of pants left, he was involved in the mens 2006 world cup as a coach, he said the amounts of freebies the players get is unbelievable, laptops and suits galore etc, they just leave them in the hotel rooms when they go home, nice life hey!
Fair play. It's surely is a different world to the one we live in.

BAE is a good player and I'm gutted he is not with us. Much better defensively than Rose and his passing and footballing brain are also better. Not sure why AVB didn't think so. He was injured for part of last season and don't think he was at his best, but am but gutted he has gone to QPR.

Exactly, all those clubs have left backs that are better than BAE. What about Fulham then for example? Based in London, Premiership side with an ageing left back who fell out with the manager last year? West Brom? Palace? Norwich? West Ham?

Incidentally, Moyes has clearly been trying to upgrade his left back in the window. Doubt the initials BAE even crossed his mind.

Fact is, outside of Tottenham fans, BAE isn't rated. Most neurals I talk to highlight him as a weak link. He's entertaining but he's always on the verge of a major blunder.

I think you severely underestimate how much influence agents, personal relationships and club contacts have with transfers and where players end up.

For someone "always on the verge of a major blunder" his mistakes cost us a surprisingly low amount of goals.

I think you severely underestimate how much influence agents, personal relationships and club contacts have with transfers and where players end up.

For someone "always on the verge of a major blunder" his mistakes cost us a surprisingly low amount of goals.

Funny how the best players usually end up at the best clubs.

How many top class players play in the Championship?

Funny how the best players usually end up at the best clubs.

How many top class players play in the Championship?

If you want to look at the best players and the best clubs then the point still stands. Ekotto was a very good player that has now fallen out of favour and has some reported injury problems. He doesn't qualify in the "best players" group. And you weren't talking about the best clubs when you mentioned Fulham, WBA, Palace etc. If you want to discuss those players and clubs then fair enough, my point still stands. Have a look at the agents of the players Mourinho has signed at various clubs for example.

I think this might even be stronger for lower profile players.

We see good PL class players come up from the Championship every season. Top class? I'm not so sure. Are people arguing that Ekotto is currently a top class left back?

If you want to look at the best players and the best clubs then the point still stands. Ekotto was a very good player that has now fallen out of favour and has some reported injury problems. He doesn't qualify in the "best players" group. And you weren't talking about the best clubs when you mentioned Fulham, WBA, Palace etc. If you want to discuss those players and clubs then fair enough, my point still stands. Have a look at the agents of the players Mourinho has signed at various clubs for example.

I think this might even be stronger for lower profile players.

We see good PL class players come up from the Championship every season. Top class? I'm not so sure. Are people arguing that Ekotto is currently a top class left back?

To an extent, your point might carry some water.

Not with Ekotto though. If the fella was a very good left back, he'd have found a Premiership club.

There were people arguing on here last season that he was one of the top left backs in the league. Behind only Cole and Evra according to some posters. Fact is, he was never in that class and seems to be over-rated by a section of our support because of his personality.

Would have a lot less of a problem , if we had replaced him, but a to leave us with only Rose , is pointless.

Just like letting Townsend going without reolacing him in Jan was silly.

These are the mistakes that cost us 4th.

Amongst other things we have let going one of if not the best passer. If AVB had an issue with him, fine, but don´t leave us very, very short and vert , very weak.

To an extent, your point might carry some water.

Not with Ekotto though. If the fella was a very good left back, he'd have found a Premiership club.

There were people arguing on here last season that he was one of the top left backs in the league. Behind only Cole and Evra according to some posters. Fact is, he was never in that class and seems to be over-rated by a section of our support because of his personality.

Going by the same logic, if he isn't a good left back, how did he spend so long at a PL club?

Going by the same logic, if he isn't a good left back, how did he spend so long at a PL club?

Fair point but he arrived as a young lad with potential. He played under 4 managers. Three didn't rate him and one did.

Justin Edinburgh spent close to a decade at the top level. He was bought as potential too but was never really good enough.

Ekotto is better than him but the fact he's been here 7 years isn't proof that he's a quality left back.

Solid defensively, undramatic going forward. AVB wants a fullback who can attack and create attacking width. Hence Rose getting the nod. With an already large squad of talent you can see why they let him go on loan.

Back