• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - BAE

I posted a tweet he was replying to in the Sandro thread:

Benoit Assou-Ekotto ‏@AssouEkotto 1 Dec

@PhillyCent07 danny rose com bk soon! U ll b alright lol

Obviously he's unlikey to give any hints about his future, but he doesn't give any indication that he's coming back. Unless we have a LB lined up for January, we should recall him if we can, imho. Even if Rose is fit soon we still need more than one LB.

You do have to wonder quite what Benny did to antagonise Andre so much that he'd rather loan him out than keep him around as experienced cover for Rose.

As whilst Benny was never in the same class as say Baines or Cole he would still be preferable to continually paying Jan and Naughton out of position.

Considering the strength in depth we have in other positions it does seem odd to have only 1, fairly inexperienced, left back in the entire squad. Whilst most of our Top 4 rivals appear to be blessed with 2 decent Left Backs each: Cole + Azpilicueta, Zabaleta + Clichy, Gibbs + Monreal, Baines + Oviedo...

What ive generally thought on the situation is that possibly BAEs general relaxed attitude and his apparant lack of interest in the game outside of playing (quotes saying he doesn't even know who we're playing next iirc) most likely goes against the attitude that AVB is trying to build - there could be more to it than that but along the same lines possibly.

Only speculation of course, im a big fan of Bennys but i can see how his attitude would conflict with what some managers want.

I love Benny but I can imagine his summer exploits can't have pleased the club too much

What ive generally thought on the situation is that possibly BAEs general relaxed attitude and his apparant lack of interest in the game outside of playing (quotes saying he doesn't even know who we're playing next iirc) most likely goes against the attitude that AVB is trying to build - there could be more to it than that but along the same lines possibly.

Only speculation of course, im a big fan of Bennys but i can see how his attitude would conflict with what some managers want.

Can you imagine what AVB would have thought of Gascoigne then???

His crossing, his passing to Bale, his tackling and his clearances were things that made him a decent left back. He wasnt the greatest left back the premierhsip had seen but he was by far one of our best left backs we have had in the premier league. Must have done something to AVB's wife or something....

i'd go further to say that bale owed alot of his initial success to BAE, being the platform and the cover that allowed Bale to express himself fully.
in certain games where a bit of stick was needed BAE was a real asset too, he could attract the foul, leave that challenging foot in a bit longer, and his specialty - turning and backing into the tackle - just to put off the opposition. especially useful against some of the cheaters and bullies who exploit the overall good nature and lack of complaining of our boys.

Don't you wish your left back was BAE? Sure do. :(

You Benny lovers will no doubt crucify me for this but no, not if he continues on from where he left off last season with his can't be a***d to race back to get goal-side of the opponent I've just lost possession to attitude.

Well at least someone enjoyed the game today...

Twitter / AssouEkotto: What a game tonight....happy to see my man @E_Adebayor (LOL)
[TWEET]412278969619476480[/TWEET]

Well at least someone enjoyed the game today...

Twitter / AssouEkotto: What a game tonight....happy to see my man @E_Adebayor (LOL)
[TWEET]412278969619476480[/TWEET]

I truly hope this is a tweet from a previous game....even if both hate AVB this is a shocking way to rub things in!! "Enjoyed the game today"

Please somebody tell me that this is from a previous time!!

Both getting alot of abuse on twitter because they are smiling, said "what a game" and the hand signs they have make it look like 5.

Not cool if it was tweeted after the game, shows a lot of disrespect to their team mates in Spurs and fans who pays their wages.

Back