• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Season

Re: There is always next season (our mantra)

Hope we spend big again in the summer. 2 or 3 superstars will take us to the next level.

Arda Turan, Diego Costa and Pogba. That'd fix us

Hope we spend big again in the summer. 2 or 3 superstars will take us to the next level.

i hope we get a manager who works well with levy and baldini in we start the season with a balanced squad with depth, and enough youth to be able to go the distance with the new manager. barring a collapse at Emirates Marketing Project, l'****, pool and chelsea, i think top 4 is beyond us until we get that new stadium to help us finance better players overall.

I love this kind of post! Yes, Atletico are going to sell two of their key players in the same summer and Costa and Turan are going to consider swapping Spanish title contenders for alsorans in England for wages within our budget!

We need, another quality centre back as we rarely have all four fit at the same tim; a replacement left back and at least one more quality player capable of pushing Walker and the new LB and providing competition. We need two strikers, someone in the Adebayor mould and somebody who can create chances for himself and finish off moves. We need another creative midfielder who can complement or provide competition for Eriksen (around whom our team should be built) and we need at least another winger, preferably one who can chip in with goals because as much as I love Lennon, he carries almost no goal threat. We should get rid of Dembele, Naughton and Capoue as none of them are good enough for a team that wishes to be top four, and everyone else can stay.

So we need 8 players that qualify as homegrown in the squad.

If we do indeed sell Naughton, Siggy, and Lennon we would have Rose, Walker, Dawson, Townsend, Benteleb and Carroll left? Now i don't really think Carroll will be involved so that's 5.

What could we do to sort this situation out? hmmmm we could replace Friedel with a decent English GK. We could also sign Ben Davies for the LB slot who i rate. hmmmm Maybe we have to retain Naughton as the cover RB?

We don't have to have those 8 players, but we can't have any more than 17 non-homegrown. Teams like Chelsea and Wigan have regularly submitted squads around 19-21 players.

We don't have to have those 8 players, but we can't have any more than 17 non-homegrown. Teams like Chelsea and Wigan have regularly submitted squads around 19-21 players.

Ah ok....we also have Kane who i forgot about.

So Naughton, Lennon, Invisibilinho and Soldado can definitely go, Capoue can almost certainly leave and Chadli and Siggy can fight it out for who stays.

There has to be a balance between whatever the new manager wants and what Baldini feels is best for the team's future. For better or worse, we stuck Baldini in the DoF position: now let's back him to an extent. If we allowed the new manager (Tim or someone else) to make one unchallenged squad change of his own (a player he wants above all, that would be okayed by the 'committee' without hesitation) and then sorted out the rest of the transfers via the 'committee', I feel we could potentially strike a balance between the immediate needs of the manager and the long-term planning desired by the DoF and chairman.

Say, LvG comes in and wants, say, Siem De Jong. Despite our abundance of attacking midfielders (and the likely cost buying De Jong would incur), we should oblige him as much as we can, and try our very hardest to secure his signing, clearing out whatever player Van Gaal feels needs to be replaced by the Ajax man in the process without hesitation.

After that, the rest of the transfers can be decided by committee, namely our pressing need for a left-back (Rose isn't impressing as of now) and a towering, speedy centre-half (due to Kaboul's expiring contract, Daws' immobility and Verts' new found unreliability/wish to leave). It should then fall to Baldini to find players that fit the bill, in consultation with Van Gaal and Levy. This is where our 'home-grown' quota and demands on our squad balance need to be considered.

We need to give our manager (whoever he may be) the player(s) he needs if we are to have any hope of him succeeding. This is a way we can do that this summer, and I hope we go down this route as opposed to Levy dictatorially deciding what players the manager gets and then scrimping on the deals to secure even those players.

I'd submit: Walker, Naughton, Dawson, Fryers, Townsend, Carroll and Kane.

I wouldn't keep any of Rose, Siggy or Lennon just so we can submit 25 instead of 24 players.

Btw I don't dislike Siggy or Lennon at all - I just think they are players we need to cash in on to upgrade/rebalance - i'd swap them both for a genuine LF/LM like Konoplyanka or Griezmann.

Re: Next Spurs Manager v.2

FDB preferes 4-3-3 right? did he ever play Eriksen on the left?

That was more Viktor Fischer's position when I saw them last year.

Long term I'd like to see Eriksen in CM, but for now I do like him as that right of the front three. I like how he combines with Soldado too - they appear on the same wavelength. All season I've been wanting to see a front three of Eriksen, Soldado and Lamela.

Siggy and Soldado both had very solid second halves today. Based on the potential to consistently perform at that level I'd certainly want to retain their services. Demonstrating that they can consistently reproduce that performance level between now and the end of the season should sway most people to agree surely?

That was more Viktor Fischer's position when I saw them last year.

Long term I'd like to see Eriksen in CM, but for now I do like him as that right of the front three. I like how he combines with Soldado too - they appear on the same wavelength. All season I've been wanting to see a front three of Eriksen, Soldado and Lamela.

yes but with ade up top solly just behind...that 4 id like to see.

after watching solly in recent games im really impressed with his flicks and one touch passing...put him in the amf/ss role he could get bags of assists and goals playing off a front man imo.

yes but with ade up top solly just behind...that 4 id like to see.

after watching solly in recent games im really impressed with his flicks and one touch passing...put him in the amf/ss role he could get bags of assists and goals playing off a front man imo.

I think Soldado is a lot more flexible than people give him credit for.

If you gave him two wide players and Eriksen that get the ball to him, play to him making a run, he can be the man up front, he can be second striker, he can be support.

If you gave him two wide players and Eriksen that get the ball to him, play to him making a run, he can be the man up front, he can be second striker, he can be support.

It's something you get watching Soldado in the flesh, which you don't get from the tv - his movement and link-up play are superb.

I still think with a bit of confidence and some more intelligent service, we'll have a fantastic striker on our hands.

For me the problem then remains our central midfield. We don't have enough players capable of feeding those wide players and Eriksen in the right positions that they need to deliver to a striker like Soldado. And it also leaves us with real issues whenever teams press us as we're forced into playing it long way too easily with our central midfielders, full backs, goalie and to some extent centre backs.

To play a short lone striker I really think we need a team better set up to play through pressure.

We need one, maybe two CBs, a left back and possibly a CM. Add in a coach who has a clue and we'll be fighting for third,

I love this kind of post! Yes, Atletico are going to sell two of their key players in the same summer and Costa and Turan are going to consider swapping Spanish title contenders for alsorans in England for wages within our budget!

It's so true. I think people have played too much football manager. Or whatever it's called nowadays. We have to be realistic.

I never know what the obsession is with foreigners, can be so hit and miss, more miss judging by this season.

We obviously want players who are going to fit this 1 up top system. So I would be looking for players to play in the 3 behind the 1.

I would look to retain Eriksen and also lamela (for potential), apart from that, I don't see anything that can take us into 4th. Funny how siggy gets praise now, he just won't take us there long term - we've seen enough to know that.

I would be looking in the prem and seeing who can fit into those slots behind a striker and get 10-12-15 goals a season.

My shortlist would be:

Lallana - I'd like to think he would come to us.

Remy - constant menace when he's played this season, could really thrive in a good side. Newc been pants without him and cabaye.

Wellbeck - this one will get laughed at I know, but if he found a regular plot on the left of a 3 he could really find some rhythm. Defo an upgrade on chads or siggy IMO.

And outside the perm the one I would take a chance on is konoplayanka. Seen enough to think he can be effective and take us forward. Can play right or left.

Any 2 of those 4 would greatly improve us IMO. So we would line up something like this.

Ade
Konop. Lallana. Lamela
Eriksen
Sandro. Another
New LB. daws. Jan. Walker
Loris

Don't feed the troll....

It's so true. I think people have played too much football manager. Or whatever it's called nowadays. We have to be realistic.

I never know what the obsession is with foreigners, can be so hit and miss, more miss judging by this season.

We obviously want players who are going to fit this 1 up top system. So I would be looking for players to play in the 3 behind the 1.

I would look to retain Eriksen and also lamela (for potential), apart from that, I don't see anything that can take us into 4th. Funny how siggy gets praise now, he just won't take us there long term - we've seen enough to know that.

I would be looking in the prem and seeing who can fit into those slots behind a striker and get 10-12-15 goals a season.

My shortlist would be:

Lallana - I'd like to think he would come to us.

Remy - constant menace when he's played this season, could really thrive in a good side. Newc been pants without him and cabaye.

Wellbeck - this one will get laughed at I know, but if he found a regular plot on the left of a 3 he could really find some rhythm. Defo an upgrade on chads or siggy IMO.

And outside the perm the one I would take a chance on is konoplayanka. Seen enough to think he can be effective and take us forward. Can play right or left.

Any 2 of those 4 would greatly improve us IMO. So we would line up something like this.

Ade
Konop. Lallana. Lamela
Eriksen
Sandro. Another
New LB. daws. Jan. Walker
Loris

Ignore the another. Won't be allowed to play 12 I'm sure. Away from home just rotate a forward thinker for a holder. Etc etc.

Back