• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Season

Re: There is always next season (our mantra)

I was thinking specifically how he bossed the game against Chelsea.

Did this actually happen or is this one of those occasions you make up in your head, repeat on here and it becomes taken as fact? I've watched Paulinho multiple times for Brazil and obviously now for Spurs and I couldn't imagine him dominating a kids team, he's just such a periphery player with a very low skill set. If we can get our £17m back and use that to buy a CM who can actually play a bit then that would be great - someone like Kovacic, young talent with bags of potential.

The bundesliga is where we probably should be looking
Gorezka looks a real talent at cm.
I've always liked howedes at cb.

In: Blind jnr, Clasie and Griezmann.

Out: BAE, Rose, Dembele, Siggy and Livermore.

That's all. Not too big a net spend either.
Buy more foreigners who haven't played in England before? Brilliant.

I was thinking specifically how he bossed the game against Chelsea.

when did he boss the game vs Chelsea? you're talking about Invisibilinho right?

Anyway, who i would sell:

Invisibilinho
Ghastli
Nogoaldado
Siggy

Those 4 above would be shipped with immediate effect.

Vertonghen
Naughton
Kaboul
Lennon
Capoue

I'm indifferent on the 4 above. They can stay, they can go, i don't care.

Did this actually happen or is this one of those occasions you make up in your head, repeat on here and it becomes taken as fact? I've watched Paulinho multiple times for Brazil and obviously now for Spurs and I couldn't imagine him dominating a kids team, he's just such a periphery player with a very low skill set. If we can get our £17m back and use that to buy a CM who can actually play a bit then that would be great - someone like Kovacic, young talent with bags of potential.

I swear i was thinking just that. I remember breaking him forward and missing a good chance vs Chelski...but dominating? when the **** did that happen lol?

Agree completely.
He pretty much plays a dm who only passed its 5 yards for brazil but arrives late in the box to finish some of the many chances they have.
WE are not brazil we need someone to create in midfield and he's not physical enough to be a defensive midfielder in the premier league.

Why do you want Caulker? Simply because he came through our ranks? I don't think he's good enough.

I like him think he is a good defender, all just opinions I guess.

Would get rid of kaboul to many injuries and dawson I am starting to really dislike and I do not want it to end like that with him.

Maybe we need to go back to go forward? Maybe we should try and replicate saggy-faces line-up that took us so close, and played some of the best football we've seen.
Could it be that difficult?

Buy more foreigners who haven't played in England before? Brilliant.

Two are very well known to our new manager though.

What English left backs, deep ballplaying CMs and left inside forwards do you fancy then? Ashley Cole, Gareth Barry and Danny Welbeck?

We've been unable to create anything since Modric left. We need a Modric like fulcrum in central midfield. Eriksen could be that if he's allowed to play there. He doesnt have the pace or acceleration to be a top wide player or number 10. Central midfield should be best position.

We've been unable to create anything since Modric left. We need a Modric like fulcrum in central midfield. Eriksen could be that if he's allowed to play there. He doesnt have the pace or acceleration to be a top wide player or number 10. Central midfield should be best position.

That's kind of where I was going.

Redknapp/new guy

Friedel/Lloris

Walker/walker
Kaboul/new cb
King/Verts
Benny/new lb

Parker/sandro
Modric/eriksen

Lennon/Lamela
Vdv /new fw
Bale/new lw
Bad ade/ ade

It might just work you know

Personally I think we need to take a look at how some of the better teams are playing right now. In the top four, all the teams bar Chelsea seem to have the ability to play the ball into their midfielders whilst running forward or on the turn. We have players receiving the ball at a stand still and things go slowly with very few of our midfielders running into good spaces or as we saw on numerous occasions today, two players running into the same space.

Next season:

----------Kaboul-------Caulker-------Chiriches------------

-----------------------Bentaleb--------------------------

------------Eriksen-----------------Dembele---------Rose

Townsend--------------Lamela---------------------------

----------------------Adebayor--------------------------

(Collapses into this when defending)

Kaboul-------Caulker-------Chiriches-------Rose
--------------------Bentaleb-------------------
Townsend------Eriksen----Dembele-------Lamela
-----------------------Ade----------------------

Barely any purchases needed other than perhaps a decent left sided wing back and another centre half to replace Jan. We have a solid platform of centre halves who can pass the ball with Bentaleb distributing the ball from deep, Rose and Townsend keep the width and Eriksen, Lamela and Dembele get to play how they wish in there.

Last edited:
Isnt It Ironic?.. Dont You Think?

So the top 4 that has been in place for so many years has been broken. At the beginning of the season if it was known Man Utd would fall out of the top 4 then all fans would have automatically assumed Spurs, always known as the 5th best team on the heels of the Champions League would fill the void. As it turns out this would be Liverpools year.
How ironic that the one year this happens its the same year we sell our star player, assemble a group of average replacements and appoint a manager who as it stands isnt the man to take us forward.

Spurs board take note this is what happens when we decide to do the opposite of Liverpool and a) sell our best player b) fail to recognise the importance of a settled team.

This cant happen again, the following needs to be addressed.

THE MANAGER
I have reserved my judgement of TS until we had a fully fit squad which today with the exception of Lamela. Well the jury is in and its so ****ING OBVIOUS this guy doesnt know what he is doing. ANYBODY can tell that over the season we only have our good spells when Eriksen is in the Middle and Andros Townsend is as far away from the right of the pitch as possible where he isnt subjected to his usual "cut inside/slow play down/allow players to get back/and then amount to nothing play. HOW MANY TIMES MUST I WITNESS THIS BEFORE TS CHANGES IT.

Todays game was a perfect example, we got in some great positions but the wrong players were in the wrong places and we couldnt hurt them.
If Eriksen was in the middle for 90 minutes with Townsend on the left and Chadli on the right WE would have WON THIS GAME. Instead it was Chadli in the middle and he missed a chance that should be falling to Eriksen who would have scored.
-
This is down to the manager

SANDRO
The player with the best ball recovery stats in the premiership but is all over the place this season. why? because he is doing two jobs! Paulinho and co go missing and he has to break forward to fill gaps then is caught out of position runs back and makes needed fouls but looks bad in the process.
-

FORMATION/PURPOSE/GAME PLAN
We dont have one! simple
-

PLAYERS
Our midfield is great ability wise but they have no purpose/instructions to bring the best out of them. Look at Liverpools midfield, players as individuals I dont admire too much but step on the field with clear vision of how to hurt the opposition.
We play no triangles, no movement off the ball no nothing.
-
--------------------------------------

WOULD WHAT EVERYONE LIKE TO SEE FOR 2014/15???

My perfect scenario is to have LVG or FBD in a 433 with a new left back. I dont think we need a new midfield I have huge belief in Dembele and Paulinho and think a world class manager will bring the best out of them

lloris
walker kaboul vert ?????
sandro
paulinho eriksen
lamela ade ????

Above all someone like LVG should transform our most inherent problem.. losers mentality

Last edited:

I reckon we should dispense with the old guard...by that I mean Dawson, Kaboul & Lennon. I reckon Verts & Lloris will go...Capoue will go as well I think.

We need another LB and will need two cb's...

would like us to go in for loic Remy...reckon we could get him and he could be productive for us.

Manager wise...I dunno...too early for tim I think... get in LVG/Prandelli/FDB and make sure he gets backing.

Last chance saloon for Levy if he rolls manager dice.....must get the right man and back him to the hilt...(within financial means)

----------------Lloris------------------

Walker----xxxx---Vertonghen---Shaw

-----------Sandro---Dembele---------

Lamela-------Eriksen---------Knoplyanka

---------------Adebayor

Buy Remy and Benteke, maybe sell Ade.

Konoplyanka will go Liverpool. Shaw not a chance in hell. Maybe go for Lallana.

You mean we'd be a pretty good team if we'd got Moutinho? I've heard that before somewhere.....

I don't know what to hope for coz our future looks so undecided! Does this player or that player want out? Are we keeping the current manager or starting afresh again in the Summer? The one thing we do know is that even if all 7 of our signings go on to have an improved second season, we would still have a couple of spaces which clearly need filling. We also know we've got our man with the black book back so we may be likely to bring in more suitable players next season. Who they are, I don't care. Otherwise if Tim stays then he'll know by then more than now who he'll want to continue working with and if he goes then the new man may well already by taking a keen interest in our affairs enough to also have a fair idea about our playing squad by the time he comes in.

Konoplyenka absolutely tore us a new one, could be useful on the left of a 3.

Did he? What game were you watching as the concern for me is that he did 'ok' against us on a horrendous pitch in the Ukraine, but I thought Naughton had him in his pocket in the return game, far too easily.

Sherwood has done ok, but he shouldn't be cutting his teeth with us. Thus, we need a new manger, and a very good one. With the players we have, he prolly should have lots of experience.

We have 8-9 young(ish) midfielders who look average now, but 4-5 of them may come good with a better manager.

We desperately need a striker in the worst way. That's why we splurged 30 mil on Soldado, but it hasn't worked so far. Ade has done well, but he's not a two game a week player at this stage and needs to be rotated. If we added a quality third striker - and even a fourth - to the mix, it could make a big difference.

At CB we are 'ok', and its not really our biggest need. Although, Caulker should not have been sold, and maybe loaned out instead. If Cardiff go down, he might be worth buying back.

I think we are alright at full-back too. Not saying they are top drawer, but at least they are young(ish) and presumably have the potential to improve. Again, a new manager could reap dividends here too. We won't get Shaw anyway.

So, overall I'd say A) new manager and, B) a 3rd, and maybe a 4th, striker. Not saying that would equate to top 4 next season, but we'd be better. From where we sit, top 4 is prolly at least 2-years away.

Back