• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Season

Re: Next Spurs Manager v.2

We need one, maybe two CBs, a left back and possibly a CM. Add in a coach who has a clue and we'll be fighting for third,

I'd only go for a CB if Kaboul is released. I'm still happy with our 4 IF Kaboul is given a clean bill of health (and therefore a contract). He looked really good again yesterday, so it's hard to tell what is going on with him.

LB, LF and CM is really all I want to see, and most importantly a professional coach.

Re: There is always next season (our mantra)

I hope we build around Soldado next season myself, the next passing of Ade's comet isn't for another 12 months

I hope we build around Soldado next season myself, the next passing of Ade's comet isn't for another 12 months

I was using ade to fill a hole in my transfer blueprint! I like bobby. Another that just needs a run of games, and some good managerial decisions. I.e. Winner against Cardiff and then left out for 3 games. So strange. He would defo benefit from the players I've mentioned, they would get much closer to him than Lennon/andros etc. Particularly Remy and DW.

Depending on the results against Liverpool and some of the other games in the league next season could be the focus very soon.

I'm ambivalent about EL participation next season. If we do end up thinking that being prepared for next season is the most important I think it will be time to give players like Lamela, Chadli, Bentaleb, Vlad and others as much time on the pitch as possible.

For me the problem then remains our central midfield. We don't have enough players capable of feeding those wide players and Eriksen in the right positions that they need to deliver to a striker like Soldado. And it also leaves us with real issues whenever teams press us as we're forced into playing it long way too easily with our central midfielders, full backs, goalie and to some extent centre backs.

To play a short lone striker I really think we need a team better set up to play through pressure.

completely agree

I'd only go for a CB if Kaboul is released. I'm still happy with our 4 IF Kaboul is given a clean bill of health (and therefore a contract). He looked really good again yesterday, so it's hard to tell what is going on with him.

LB, LF and CM is really all I want to see, and most importantly a professional coach.

I agree that with a fully fit Kaboul we have a good crop of central defenders in him, Vertonghen, Vlad and Dawson. I think Vlad will keep getting better next season as he adjusts and I rate both Kaboul and Vertonghen. And I think Dawson is good enough to be 4th choice.

However, Kaboul's situation is not going to be guaranteed. It's going to be a judgement at best where we won't know for sure. There's also the question of Vertonghen, will he actually stay around or will he leave?

As a side note on this issue, most likely all of City, United and Liverpool along possibly with Arsenal will be looking for a new centre back this summer. We might also see Everton want to replace the aging Distin. And there's probably going to be movement on the continent too, Barca at least, most likely more clubs will be in the market.

With proven, top class, centre backs few and far between I think it will be really tough to find a good deal for a good centre back ready to play at a high level in the PL this summer. All the more important to keep Vertonghen.

We need imo:

1) Playmaker CM
2) LB
3) Striker
4) CB

Those are the 4 starting positions we need upgrading imo (and in that order in terms of importance)

-----------------------Lloris-----------------------

Walker--------_______----Vertonghen--------____

------------------Sandro----Dembele---------------

-------------------------____----------------------

---Lamela----------------------------------Eriksen--

-----------------------________--------------------

As i said earlier...we can sell Invisibilinho, Naughton, Soldado, Lennon, Kaboul, Capoue , Ekotto and one of Siggy and Chadli. That should bring around 50m in (hopefully a little more).

We could then bring in:

1) A cover rb
2) A young left sided forward

If we're playing 4-3-3 then i would keep Lewis Holtby and play him in a deeper position (so no replacement for Capoue needed)

Goalkeepers
Lloris
Friedel (or new...but i still trust Brad)

Full backs
Walker
new rb
Rose
new lb

Centre Backs
Vertonghen
Dawson
Chiriches
new cb

Centre Midfielders
new cm
Sandro
Dembele
Holtby
Benteleb

Wide forwards
Eriksen
Lamela
Townsend
new LF

Strikers
new CF
Ade
Kane

So that's a 22 men squad...add one of Siggy and Chadli, a third choice GK and that's 24.

Last edited:

We need imo:

1) Playmaker CM
2) LB
3) Striker
4) CB

Those are the 4 starting positions we need upgrading imo (and in that order in terms of importance)

-----------------------Lloris-----------------------

Walker--------_______----Vertonghen--------____

------------------Sandro----Dembele---------------

-------------------------____----------------------

---Lamela----------------------------------Eriksen--

-----------------------________--------------------

As i said earlier...we can sell Invisibilinho, Naughton, Soldado, Lennon, Kaboul, Capoue , Ekotto and one of Siggy and Chadli. That should bring around 50m in (hopefully a little more).

We could then bring in:

1) A cover rb
2) A young left sided forward

If we're playing 4-3-3 then i would keep Lewis Holtby and play him in a deeper position (so no replacement for Capoue needed)

Goalkeepers
Lloris
Friedel (or new...but i still trust Brad)

Full backs
Walker
new rb
Rose
new lb

Centre Backs
Vertonghen
Dawson
Chiriches
new cb

Centre Midfielders
new cm
Sandro
Dembele
Holtby
Benteleb

Wide forwards
Eriksen
Lamela
Townsend
new LF

Strikers
new CF
Ade
Kane

So that's a 22 men squad...add one of Siggy and Chadli, a third choice GK and that's 24.

And the manager sacked by xmas again because he can't get his six new signings to gel.

It'll be 21 new players in 24 months if we undergo such major surgery again.

This is the kind of thing I'd be keen to see come September (3 in only):

---------------------Lloris
-----------------Friedel/Archer

Walker----------Kaboul------Verts------Blind
Naughton/Fredricks---Dawson---Chirches---Fryers

---------Claise--------Sandro------Eriksen
--------Paulinho-----Capoue-----Holtby

----Lamela--------Soldado------- Konoplanka/ Griezmann
---Townsend-------Ade----------Chadli

(Gone - Rose, BAE, Gomes, Livermore, Dembele, Siggy, Lennon)

Next season dream team:

------------Ade-------------

Lallana------Eriksen------Konop

---------Sandro----Holtby-----

Shaw----Verts---Vlad-----Walker

-----------Lloris---------------

Bench: Friedel, Fryers, Lamela, Bentaleb/Carroll, Chadli, Kane/new striker, Kaboul

All 3 players mentioned will cost a good bit of cash but I think we have plenty of players we can move on: Soldado, Siggy, Lennon, Rose, Paulinho, Capoue, Dawson, Dembele, Livermore, BAE. I wouldn't be opposed to any of those players moving on even Lamela if we can get our money back.

Next season signings in priority

- New Manager who can work with most of current team
- LB (1st team)
- Creative midfielder to work alongside Eriksen (1st team)
- Wide left midfielder/winger (squad)
- CB cover (squad)
- #2 Keeper (squad)
- LB/RB cover (squad)

Squad currently to keep

Keepers - Lloris
Defense - Walker, Vert, Vlad, Kaboul, Dawson
Midfield - Lennon, Lamela, Sandro, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Chadli, Holtby,
Strikers - Ade, Soldado

Can sell/release -> Brad, Gomes, Naughton, Rose, Siggy, Dembele, Paulinho, Kane, Livermore

Summary

8 out
5 in

2 first team changes
3 additions to squad/cover

Focus the spend on making sure the right manager gets 2-3 players of his choice and leverages the big investments we have already made.

And the manager sacked by xmas again because he can't get his six new signings to gel.

It'll be 21 new players in 24 months if we undergo such major surgery again.

This is the kind of thing I'd be keen to see come September (3 in only):

---------------------Lloris
-----------------Friedel/Archer

Walker----------Kaboul------Verts------Blind
Naughton/Fredricks---Dawson---Chirches---Fryers

---------Claise--------Sandro------Eriksen
--------Paulinho-----Capoue-----Holtby

----Lamela--------Soldado------- Konoplanka/ Griezmann
---Townsend-------Ade----------Chadli

(Gone - Rose, BAE, Gomes, Livermore, Dembele, Siggy, Lennon)

so 6 is a lot (4 for the first team) yet 4 is ok? We both want 4 changed to the starting x1 so there's not much difference at all.

Was talk in the papers that we are watching Salzburg's player Mane. The lad looks much more like the player we would want on the left of a 433.

Using our current squad:

----------- Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose
------ Sandro Dembele
Lamela Soldado Chadli Eriksen
------------------------------

A groundbreaking 4-2-4-0 formation. The front 4 will interchange positions and go narrow when necessary to allow the FBs room to go forward.

Upgrade on Rose -> new LB
If necessary sell Vertonghen to pay for new players -> possible new CB
Kaboul needs to be given an all clear, otherwise -> possible new CB
One of the 4 CMs to be replaced by a more ballplaying midfielder -> possible new CM
One might even be let go as we already have Bentaleb and Holtby.
Holtby, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Ade and Paulinho can all play roles in attack, but wouldn't mind someone like Konyoplanka. -> possible forward

One 1st team player is a must, the others are possibilities, but it's not much that's needed really (apart from a new coach). Beyond that it's just replacing squad players like Naughton or Dawson or Friedel with younger players.

2014/2015. If it was up to you

Reality is we are poor. Poor, under-performing, de motivated and possibly overrated. If things dont change we are likely to be a top 6 challenger next season not a top 4.
I would say next summer is the most important summer for a long time - we have an equal chance to rekindle the VDV, Modric, Berba and Bale type days or just as likely to regress to the steed malbranque, chimbonda days.

If YOU had YOUR choice what you REALISTICALLY like to see spurs looking like in 2014/2015???

My choice:

Chairman - Daniel Levy
DOF - None
Manager - Louis Van Gaal

TEAM:
-----------------LLoris------------------
Walker - kaboul - vertonghen - shaw
---------- sandro - bentaleb-----------
----------------eriksen-----------------
-------lamela-martinez-townsend----

BENCH:
gomes
chiriches
capoue
dembele
paulinho
chadli
ade
remy

kaboul and vertonghen - on current attitude can **** off. however under LVG i believe they will be different players all together, especially vertonghen.

shaw - may be to expensive a gamble for some teams and if he doesnt fancy a trip to far north them we may just steal him.

townsend on the right is the worst player in the league however on the left i believe can be an effective out and out winger and is worth a chance. every team needs a pacey direct player who offers natural width and can put balls in the box. one out and out winger and one inverted winger/forward (Lamela) is the best of both worlds

jackson martinez (or benteke) - beast lone strikers who score individual goals but also help the team. soldado simply doesnt fulfil the lone striker role

eriksen starting in the middle!!! Hopefully we can get a manager who doesnt think its a good idea to play a winger (chadli) in the middle and a number 10 (eriksen) on the left!!!

paulinho/dembele. I have massive faith in their ABILITY and truly believe they are underperforming due to a lack of identity. LVG has a reputation for giving players set roles in which to flourish. I hope we keep them both.

Under LVG I believe the above system will work and above all create balance and purpose - something we lack more than anything else.

Everton will lose ther loan players, Arsenal are just Arsenal, Liverpool will lose Suarez. Man Utd have the Backstreet Moyes. THIS IS THE TIME TO CLOSE THE GAP!!!

Last edited:
Re: 2014/2015. If it was up to you

I think this season has put paid to me playing these fantasy team games. We can buy all the talent in the world, but without a decent coach to implement a way of playing we will always fall very short.

With that being said, if there was any chance of Konoplyanka, Shaw, Remy and an experienced defender (struggle here), maybe Lescott? I'd be happy.

Also as much as i hate saying this, I don't want EL, (I think to blame it for poor form is an excuse), but I'd like us to trim down the squad and get us playing with a more consistent first XI on a regular basis. If we manage to qualify for the CL next season then strengthen the squad.

My fantasy would be for Levy to make a choice and stick with it.

Manager LVG

Would sell let go, gomes, friedel, kaboul, dawson, khluomo, ekotto, rose, lennon, capoue, livermore, paulinho, dembele, siggy, defoe, ade, obika, mason.

Would bring in Van Dijk, Veltman, Blind, Claise, Holtby, Carroll, Lukaku, Deeney.

Then for our fans to back off and let who ever is the manager get on with things.

To be honest I think we need a completely new back four.
LB has been a problem area all season. Rose is simply not good enough.
CB partnership, Kaboul looks finished, Dawson just isn't (and probably never has been) good enough. Vertonghen I have no idea what he's up to, if he's playing for a move it'll be to Doncaster rovers on current performance, i expect him to step it up under a new manager. Chiuriches from the little we've seen could be good enough given a decent run.
RB Walker is whjat he is, good bombing forward a liability defending.

Our midfield is filled with players who all play alike, other than Sandro, the only true DM we have. Lamela, Eriksen and Chadli all perform best as a "Number 10", Bentaleb, Paulinho and Dembele as rovers in front of a DM. Siggy I haven't worked out his best position. Would look to move Paulinho, Dembele and Siggy out the door and get a good ball playing midfielder.

Wingers, hmm other than Townsend and Lennon do we have any true wideboys. And are either of them good enough, Townsend flatters to decieve and Lennon is coming to the end.

Up front we have Ade and Soldado, neither of whom we've seen the best of this season as both managers appear to be biased against at least one of them at some point. Together would it work, I'm not sure.

The youngsters, don't think I've seen enough of any of them for me to comment. Is Carroll gone or only on loan? Because he looked a good ball player.

Who do we get in? A LB for sure (or should that be Shaw), a strong no nonsense CB (how many times are we out hustled in the box), a ball playing midfielder, a winger and a striker. Hmm not too much to ask for is it.

Louis van Gaal in and let him sign whoever the **** he wants. Let him build HIS team.

Back