• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Season

you have no idea what your talking about

That's the second time you've made a sweeping comment like that in the last few days without any ability whatsoever to back either one up.

Unless you're attempting to start some kind of religion where your followers are expected to just believe your empty statements without any need for questions or evidence, then I suggest to attempt to back them up.

Went to watch Toulouse v Lille tonight and a player who caught my eye was Simon Kjaer.

He was just a boss in central defence, and at only 25 I would think he'd be a smart buy. He looked so casual in defence, won every header, and wasn't beaten for pace once, impressive for his size.

Lille's defence has given up just 20 in 32 this year and has them sitting 3rd behind Paris and Monaco.

Whilst there is still a shot at top four this season we really must go for it. I can only see it being tougher for us next year. The others will be stronger whilst we are fading a bit

Major signing might change that though

That's the second time you've made a sweeping comment like that in the last few days without any ability whatsoever to back either one up.

Unless you're attempting to start some kind of religion where your followers are expected to just believe your empty statements without any need for questions or evidence, then I suggest to attempt to back them up.

don't take it personally i don't even look at the usernames who make comments ( I assume this one was you? ) I just reply and moved on. the fact that you remember me when I don't even look at names to begin with let alone remember a name is beyond me

there was no reason to explain that 1) AVB had no purpose 2) our players had no instructions to move off the ball and create goal scoring chances 3) he had 18 months it doesn't take that long to implement or at least begin to implement a style to score goals 4) he had a good defensive base but that a) was the extent of his ability b) can be done in a week (Pullis/Palace a prime example 5) calling something a "project" is just an excuse

this is obvious for all to see and has been said many times by others so anybody who does support avb clearly "doesn't know what they are talking about" or maybe at least is in denial

(this comment, and all comments are made purely in football context and should not be taken personally)

Last edited:
don't take it personally i don't even look at the usernames who make comments ( I assume this one was you? ) I just reply and moved on. the fact that you remember me when I don't even look at names to begin with let alone remember a name is beyond me

there was no reason to explain that 1) AVB had no purpose 2) our players had no instructions to move off the ball and create goal scoring chances 3) he had 18 months it doesn't take that long to implement or at least begin to implement a style to score goals 4) he had a good defensive base but that a) was the extent of his ability b) can be done in a week (Pullis/Palace a prime example 5) calling something a "project" is just an excuse

this is obvious for all to see and has been said many times by others so anybody who does support avb clearly "doesn't know what they are talking about" or maybe at least is in denial

(this comment, and all comments are made purely in football context and should not be taken personally)

Hmmmm. Looks like a lot of assumptions and opinion to me.

Any basis for any of this or are we back to the faith method again?

at this point, i do not want us in Europe next season. with the quality of the players in our squad and if we can get LVG in next season, without the distraction of thursday night footy which will give LVG more time to mold a proper team ethic, i genuinely believe we can attain a CL spot the following year.

Few things could be further from the truth.

What you seem to have done is taken your opinion of AVB, invented a flawed reason for what you consider to be failures and come up with a very flawed post based on an entirely flawed premise.

But hey, if it fits in with an opinion you already have, why question it?

Indeed I remember AVB famously saying he doesnt use Stats.

I think that's putting it mildly. He really isn't a fan at all from what I've read.

He said he doesn't use stats to judge players (ie tackles per game, dribbles per game, pass completion, etc). What I was talking about was his strategic approach to matches - based on a calculation of the odds of winning games based on playing in a certain style that wasn't very aesthetically pleasing, but admittedly effective. He would be fantastic at a midtable club, but I feel like the top clubs are different psychologically and that is what caused problems with AVB's approach.

I described the strategy pretty thoroughly so if you see an inconsistency in the explanation then do explain it to me, instead of accusing me of inventing a point of view out of nothing. Even if it is based on my prejudices, that doesn't invalidate the point in itself.

I did actually say this same thing when I supported AVB staying and thought he needed more time - I had the same explanation for our style of play but I mistakenly thought that the attacking competence would improve over time, which it didn't.

no superstar like bale or modric to sell on, boatload of disaffected players who dont know how they'll fit in under yet another new manager, the dreaded "transitional" season coming up

Lol, lets be honest though we lost our heart beat when this guy left. Bale was like a defibraillator to the side last year giving us the odd shock and keeping the team going

Back