• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mighty Spurs vs. Emirates Marketing Project

tumblr_inline_o3mxojWx0q1tzg02z_500.gif

happy-dancing.gif

1164270_o.gif

MJTHRILLERdance.gif

slide_331679_3286249_free.gif

giphy.gif

gagadance2.gif

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Dancing-The-Wolf-of-Wall-Street.gif

The-Office.gif

raw

dancingfuller.gif

68747470733a2f2f34392e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f35656532613364356239366139356139623034616435373837663431333662342f74756d626c725f6f3175376972656a617231747a6e6637716f325f3530302e676966

tumblr_nhinw8DSka1r8e765o4_400.gif

But onwards and upwards….

tumblr_nn5at1UpZn1u9ikt0o2_250.gif

COYMFS!!!
:cool:

You pass the message to the nearest player and he tells which player takes the spot kick.

No need to run on, but really if you have a ranking system then stick with it. Check military history.

Or perhaps you can empower, trust and use intent based management to get results.

I don't think it is a coincidence that Poch is able to generate levels of loyalty that other coaches can't...

It is clear that he is all about getting people to buy into a shared ethos. If players work hard and are willing to commit to this ethos, he will trust them and empower them to be the professionals they are. They can make decisions because they have earned the right through their commitment and professionalism, all of this irrespective of their age or their reputation.

Similarly, if people start to believe that they are more important than the collective and if they aren't willing to commit to this idea and work for their colleagues, then his response is decisive and ruthless - just ask Bentaleb.

I suggest you check out a book called "Turn the Ship Around" by David Marquet.

All about providing people with the opportunity to lead. At its core, trust and a commitment to helping them be the best they can be.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Last edited:
I never told you so, but I always had a hard time believing that one player can make such a big difference in a Poch side, where the team is drilled in a certain way of playing. But after seeing some of our early results,I couldn't help but question my assertion. So how great is it that we have produced results and an amazing performance today without Dembele, Kane, and Dier in the lineup? This team is going places!

COYS!

Or perhaps you can empower, trust and use intent based management to get results.

I don't think it is a coincidence that Poch is able to generate levels of loyalty that other coaches can't...

It is clear that he is all about getting people to buy into a shared ethos. If players work hard and are willing to commit to this ethos, he will trust them and empower them to be the professionals they are. They can make decisions because they have earned the right through their commitment and professionalism, all of this irrespective of their age or their reputation.

Similarly, if people start to believe that they are more important than the collective and if they aren't willing to commit to this idea and work for their colleagues, then his response is decisive and ruthless - just ask Bentaleb.

I suggest you check out a book called "Turn the Ship Around" by David Marquet.

All about providing people with the opportunity to lead. At its core, trust and a commitment to helping them be the best they can be.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk
All for helping people to be the best they can. Note none of the pros commenting on it said it was a positive thing, as it affected the outcome more than it being seen as dissension in the ranks or unseemly to the fans.
I let my players make decisions when they are on the ball and express themselves, be creative and support each other against the opposition. I even let them argue with themselves to sort out issues on the pitch and use it pyschollogicaly to intimidate opposition. But If there is a plan to do things and there is a hierarchy, then it is my way, as a coach, or the highway.
I would expect them to follow the pre-arranged plan, especially for penalties and corners. For free kicks, I was pleased to see both Eriksen and Lamela, size up the options, that is where empowerment should apply, as the angle/wall may be better for a right footer or a leftie.
For penalties, sort it out before you get on the pitch.

Don't know whether this has been mentioned or not but what an awful goalkeeper Bravo seems to be. He looks like he'll give away two chances minimum every game and doesn't seem to be able to play the way Guardiola wants him too.

Have not read through the whole thread as it has been a busy time ( :) ) but I have to ask, has anyone mentioned the fact that Otterbollox should've been off in the first-half for three certain yellow card offense and Sterling should've been off in the second? At one point I thought Rhyme Of The Ancient was giving Emirates Marketing Project everything, which can sometimes destabilize a side. We showed our learning curve by refusing to get ruffled. Also, re: pen...10 minutes later, Son on the ball, Lamela making a run, Son looks to find him. Brilliant. Made my day. No grudges with these boys, it is unity all the way.

I was not surprised.
We are a fine fine squad still hitting stride.
The collective learns from everything very very fast, and what we saw today was an aggressive, hungry and very physical Spurs playing fairly on the line. The passion of Chelski away under control. Yeah...we are growing and growing. The best is yet to come.
This is absolutely the closest I have come to a love-in since Burky days (false dawn with BMJ, I never could love Redknapp)...I stand FIRMLY by my thread of a month or so ago regarding Pochettino. Firmly.
Happy days.

I missed the game, was on a plane from Jakarta to London, but Lordy, blow me away when I got off and read the BBC Sports News, awwessooome ! I will have to try and watch the game, in full, somewhere soon.

You know what I think of Poch's squad now ? Lotsa options ! He's playing the established and new kids on the block, and so we have a lot of interchangeable parts, even in defence. I am super, super excited - this win is definitely a Title Challenge statement ! As Poch says, if the lads can keep the intensity, energy and performance of this game going forwards, we'll be up there come season's end.

Still a long way to go, obstacles and hurdles along the way, but as long as we are in touch with the leaders or leading the league, we CAN do this.

COYS !!!

Dembele, Kane, and Dier out. But you know that if we maintain our advantage, all the media will talk about is how Emirates Marketing Project have missed De Bruyne. The media will likely even forget that Kompany is missing for them too.
and do we care ?? Awesome result

Apart from it beeing an outstanding performance against the league leaders, it's also excellent for getting us into the boring internationals. It's also worth noting that we'll play 4 away games on the trot after today (WBA, Leverkusen, Bournemouth and Scousers in the league cup) - can't remember the last time we did that.
i knoooow, 4 games away - just as I come to the UK too :(

I rewatched the game last night when I got in and Vertonghen made a perfectly good challenge from what I saw (which included several replays)

Almost worth the win just to see Ian Wright's face on MOTD2 when he had to admit we were title challengers...priceless

I'll have to look at it again. During the match I was convinced that it wasn't close to being a penalty.

It was never a penalty

He won the tackle and changed the direction of the ball

Aguero went down forwards but the ball went sideways. Was probably the best bit of of reffing he did as he got a lot of basic calls wrong IMO

Otamendi should have been off in the first half

Roses first booking was poor but he should have had a yellow for throwing sterling

Sterling should have had at least one more yellow

But who cares - we won and won comfortably in reality

Back