• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mighty Spurs vs. Emirates Marketing Project

You need to realise that Spurs are rather good. Even without Kane, Dier and Dembele, we are still rather good.

Fully deserved today, missed a pen and they had Otamendi on 5 yellows and Sterling on 3 yellows.

Only downside for me is Sissoko, his passing and awareness of other players is just like Andros Townsend; passes to where they were 2 seconds ago and never into their path.

Best to hold off on Sissoko....he don't look up to poch speed yet and hasn't been thru the pochifier yet.....once he comes out the other end we can all have our say then.

(it took lamela over 2 seasons to pop out the other end , Sissoko been with us 5 minutes).

You need to realise that Spurs are rather good. Even without Kane, Dier and Dembele, we are still rather good.

Fully deserved today, missed a pen and they had Otamendi on 5 yellows and Sterling on 3 yellows.

Only downside for me is Sissoko, his passing and awareness of other players is just like Andros Townsend; passes to where they were 2 seconds ago and never into their path.

We put away our chances today, which makes for a nice surprise. ;)

Reading on RedCafe, they thought Sissoko was a beast in the first half. I think it depends on what your expectations are.

Reading on RedCafe, they thought Sissoko was a beast in the first half. I think it depends on what your expectations are.
I prefer Beauty to The Beast. I like a player that turns, pops off a sly pass, clever play... not a player that stumbles into one challenge, smashes through another, staggers on and slashes at the ball

I prefer Beauty to The Beast. I like a player that turns, pops off a sly pass, clever play... not a player that stumbles into one challenge, smashes through another, staggers on and slashes at the ball

I'm pretty simple... I prefer a player to be effective first and foremost and for me that's what sissoko was today. Wasn't particularly pretty but was functional and did his job well

Drogba was the kind of player you describe @Bullet and he did pretty well.

In other news, I was listening to the new Pixies album Head Carrier here http://www.npr.org/2016/09/22/494263939/first-listen-pixies-head-carrier

It has a song called Baal's Back. Bit of a thrash, with some ACDC style scream vocals. Anyway, it is pronounced "Bale's Back" which got me thinking.

Baal (usually spelt "Bael") - during the English Puritan period Baal was considered Satan's main assistant... to some other demonologists his power is stronger in October.

And thus it was written in the stars. I would love to see that fella back at the Lane in place of Sissoko or Lamela.

Baal's back, I bet you thought that I was dead and gone,
You wouldn't know that something's even on,
People, when the sky is turning black,
You'll know that it's me

Are you saving? Are you saving it for me?
Are you saving all your precious love for me?

I'll have what he's drinking

Lovely game, absolutely chuffed with that. Great performance too, like so many have been saying all of our players put in a very good game today.

Definitely some margins going our way. They could have scored after 3 minutes and the own goal turned a game that was close and in the balance our way. They easily could have gotten a 2-1 goal from Aguero (or someone else) and it would have been really stressful. But regardless I think we gave City one of the toughest games they'll play all season (in the league at least) and I think we deserved the win on the balance of chances even though the number of shots was very similar.

Hats off to all the players and Pochettino. Great feeling.

I have been critical of Sissoko and was ambivalent about signing him. Today he showed what he can do though. Bit of space to run into and motivated to put a real shift in he's a very good player. Thought he did really well today. Different test for him when teams park the bus and keeping this kind of effort up when the game isn't as big, but hopefully Pochettino will get him performing then as well.

In other news, I was listening to the new Pixies album Head Carrier here http://www.npr.org/2016/09/22/494263939/first-listen-pixies-head-carrier

It has a song called Baal's Back. Bit of a thrash, with some ACDC style scream vocals. Anyway, it is pronounced "Bale's Back" which got me thinking.

Baal (usually spelt "Bael") - during the English Puritan period Baal was considered Satan's main assistant... to some other demonologists his power is stronger in October.

And thus it was written in the stars. I would love to see that fella back at the Lane in place of Sissoko or Lamela.

You'll know that it's me

Wow. I enjoyed reading that though I'm not sure why.

You'll know that it's me

I think Baal was another example of a pre-Christian deity from the polytheistic tradition (that of the Canaanites, in this case) being appropriated by biblical writers, who rebirthed him as a demon of Hell. He was also recognised by the Celts, I believe, in a much earlier time. In fact, I'm sure I've read that the etymology of the modern Irish word Bealtaine (the month of May and its associated festival), is that it derives from Baal-tine (the Fire of Baal).

I have been critical of Sissoko and was ambivalent about signing him. Today he showed what he can do though. Bit of space to run into and motivated to put a real shift in he's a very good player. Thought he did really well today. Different test for him when teams park the bus and keeping this kind of effort up when the game isn't as big, but hopefully Pochettino will get him performing then as well.

I don't see him being very effective against bus Parkers as he isn't that kind of player but against teams that attack us gets a bit of a blunt weapon to push them back...almost like a battering ram pushing you into an difficult place

I think Baal was another example of a pre-Christian deity from the polytheistic tradition (that of the Canaanites, in this case) being appropriated by biblical writers, who rebirthed him as a demon of Hell. He was also recognised by the Celts, I believe, in a much earlier time. In fact, I'm sure I've read that the etymology of the modern Irish word Bealtaine (the month of May and its associated festival), is that it derives from Baal-tine (the Fire of Baal).
pre-Christian Baal?

In the 1st half, did Vertonghen get anything on the ball when Aguero went to ground in the box? I've watched it a few times and it looks like a pen to me.

Apart from it beeing an outstanding performance against the league leaders, it's also excellent for getting us into the boring internationals. It's also worth noting that we'll play 4 away games on the trot after today (WBA, Leverkusen, Bournemouth and Scousers in the league cup) - can't remember the last time we did that.

I hope our blips come in the cups. Liverpool in a few weeks, maybe another one in the CL group and one in the FA Cup. Should see us covered until our European exit later in the season.
Aim is to prevent blips. We have to get players fit and then we will have a large, confident and flexible squad able to cope with challenges, expected and unexpected. One game at a time.

Then que sera, sera!

I suspect they got him confused with Wanyama!!!!

Back