• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch 2014/15

Doubt he would be in place for NYD, so Pardew's first league match in charge....Tottenham at home #-o Marvellous, new manager syndrome, the home fans will be bouncing, TV cameras there to see it too. A recipe for disaster....or a 2-1 away win in the last minute??

Maybe the manager merry go round will go something like this -

Pardew to Palace.

Bruce to Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Hughton to West Brom.

Pulis to Hull.

Sherwood to............the golf course.

Irvine being sacked is an interesting one. My recollection is that Sherwood missed out on that job because he wanted to bring Ferdinand and Ramsey with him and West Brom wanted the manager to work with the back room team that they had in place.

West Brom are a good, well run club. I like them. If Sherwood goes there I hope he learns to stay stum and keep his comments to banal nothings like every other manager. You never know, he might actually turn out to be a good manager.

West Brom are a good, well run club. I like them. If Sherwood goes there I hope he learns to stay stum and keep his comments to banal nothings like every other manager. You never know, he might actually turn out to be a good manager.

No chance he will keep his mouth shut, he is this generations Harry Redknapp

I know people don't like Sherwood and I think he talks absolute crap sometimes. I watched the Chelsea meltdown again this morning and it was even worse than first time around. But surely stuff like that, as long as it's happening to someone else, is much better than cliche ridden interviews?

Things like Jose's mad utterances, Pardew headbutting a player, calling Pellegrini a "f**king old c**t and Rafa's "fact" rant are box office stuff for me.

I know people don't like Sherwood and I think he talks absolute crap sometimes. I watched the Chelsea meltdown again this morning and it was even worse than first time around. But surely stuff like that, as long as it's happening to someone else, is much better than cliche ridden interviews?

Things like Jose's mad utterances, Pardew headbutting a player, calling Pellegrini a "f**king old c**t and Rafa's "fact" rant are box office stuff for me.

Sure it's more entertaining but you are making a separate point there. I like nothing more than to see mad stuff on and off the pitch too, but for the sake of Sherwood's career he needs to rein it in. Jose has earned the right to rant and talk bollox, Sherwood has not.

I would say his next appointment will determine the future trajectory of his career, up or down. A good stint for WBA, with little or no controversy, will put Sherwood on the lucrative manager merry-go-round. But as Marky says he probably won't be able to help himself. When he's given a platform to speak it's like putting him in front of a giant red button saying 'SELF DESTRUCT - DO NOT PRESS'. He always will.

Last edited:
Heard that Brighton are going to give Nathan Jones more time to see if he is up to the job and then promote from within. Good start for the lad, do not know why but I always thought he was welsh, not till I heard him speaking did I realise he was a jock.

Sure it's more entertaining but you are making a separate point there. I like nothing more than to see mad stuff on and off the pitch too, but for the sake of Sherwood's career he needs to rein it in. Jose has earned the right to rant and talk bollox, Sherwood has not.

I would say his next appointment will determine the future trajectory of his career, up or down. A good stint for WBA, with little or no controversy, will put Sherwood on the lucrative manager merry-go-round. But as Marky says he probably won't be able to help himself. When he's given a platform to speak it's like putting him in front of a giant red button saying 'SELF DESTRUCT - DO NOT PRESS'. He always will.

There always seems to be more method to Jose's so called mad utterances. Pardew looked more like a nutcase and although entertaining I wouldn't want that at our club. Rafa lost it, usually calm and cool, but I think he lost it and shouldn't have.

Several worries about Sherwood. His antics in the press is just one of them. He seems fairly talented in some aspects, but for me the biggest worry was the way some of our senior players seemed to react to him. It's easier to get younger players you're giving playing time to support you, but he really seemed to struggle with the likes of Eriksen, Vertonghen and possibly Lloris for example. His lack of experience shone through I think and that makes him a big risk for any club now looking for a manager.

Honestly, I would rather have Pardew.

There always seems to be more method to Jose's so called mad utterances. Pardew looked more like a nutcase and although entertaining I wouldn't want that at our club. Rafa lost it, usually calm and cool, but I think he lost it and shouldn't have.

Several worries about Sherwood. His antics in the press is just one of them. He seems fairly talented in some aspects, but for me the biggest worry was the way some of our senior players seemed to react to him. It's easier to get younger players you're giving playing time to support you, but he really seemed to struggle with the likes of Eriksen, Vertonghen and possibly Lloris for example. His lack of experience shone through I think and that makes him a big risk for any club now looking for a manager.

Honestly, I would rather have Pardew.

Honest question here, because even though we don't agree on much you seem like a sensible chap. But how did Tim struggle with Erikson verts and lloris? Is there anything concrete at all? Verts was poor last year, but the other two played better under Tim then the did avb, and par for pouch.

Honest question here, because even though we don't agree on much you seem like a sensible chap. But how did Tim struggle with Erikson verts and lloris? Is there anything concrete at all? Verts was poor last year, but the other two played better under Tim then the did avb, and par for pouch.

Obviously a lot of it is just speculation, like with most behind the scenes stuff.

But there was the infamous Eriksen and Kane interview where Eriksen seemed about as impressed with Sherwood as with a slap to the face.

Vertonghen had a pretty solid falling out with Sherwood by just about all accounts, seemingly carrying over into this season where Sherwood claimed as a pundit that "he can't defend this guy". Vertonghen had a drop in form under AVB, but let's not forget that for the majority of the time under AVB we were very solid at the back.

There were speculations at the time that the more experienced players did not want Sherwood to stay, and from what I remember Eriksen, Vertonghen and Lloris was a part of that. But of course, just speculations. Nothing obvious with Lloris, unlike with the two above (why I put "possibly Lloris" in my post).

I suppose we'll never know for sure. But there seemed to be quite a lot wrong behind the scenes under Sherwood. Despite our good results and improved performances we seemed no closer to keeping him around at any point during his stay. After leaving us with the much reported best points per game of any Spurs manager or whatever it was and significant efforts put into self promotion he's not been able to find a job despite several PL clubs looking.

Back