• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch 2014/15

The grabbing McArthur incident yesterday was insane. Even in the interviews after he was acting like a belligerent idiot who you find in a terrible boozer looking for a fight. 'I am capable of holding my own. I can look after myself'

Seems to me that he had something else on his mind

Paul Lambert sacked according to SSN (they've been wrong before this week)

I feel sorry for Lambert in a way - Doug Ellis has been trying to sell the club so was never going to fund any transfers. A young team with no leaders. A fella who does the pub quiz I know is a Villa fan, he reckoned at the start of the season that they would go down this year, depending on who replaces Lambert, there is a big possibility.

Paul Lambert sacked according to SSN (they've been wrong before this week)

I feel sorry for Lambert in a way - Doug Ellis has been trying to sell the club so was never going to fund any transfers. A young team with no leaders. A fella who does the pub quiz I know is a Villa fan, he reckoned at the start of the season that they would go down this year, depending on who replaces Lambert, there is a big possibility.

I'm sure you meant Randy Lerner. ;)

Thing is, Lambert has signed quite a few players in his time there and only Benteke has been any good. What is he doing on the training ground? They're just getting worse and worse. So negative, sit deep and punt long balls to a target man.

Remember when they started playing a load of kids a couple years ago and he said give them time and they could have a promising team.. that never really happened did it? Are any of their youngsters any good!?

Long overdue. Lambert had been dreadful. His team is more than capable of creating or scoring goals and he couldn't get them too. It won't surprise me if whoever they get in next will have the team scoring and won't be leaving Benteke on the bench.

I don't know what I want to happen more at Villa

Timmeh to get the job and get relegated

Or Hoddle to get the job and start a career renaissance

Sherwood won't get it. His demand at QPR was that if they get relegated, he gets released and a pay off. Villa won't give him that.

In a weird way, despite having nothing against Villa I wouldn't mind them getting relegated as from a selfish point of view it would be one less ever-present PL club.

Honestly though, Since Randy Lerner started selling their best players and stopped spending (Bent aside lol) they have really become just a filler club recently. It might be good for them to go down if it gives them a kick up the arse to make some changes

I think Lambert can be a decent manager, the owners are clearly trying to sell up, impossible situation for the coaching staff to deal with with such a level of uncertainty from above.

I think Lambert can be a decent manager, the owners are clearly trying to sell up, impossible situation for the coaching staff to deal with with such a level of uncertainty from above.

Net spend of £10m this season and the one before it. Net spend of £20m the season before that. (according to transfermarkt). I'm sure they have a reasonable wage spending too.

I agree that Lambert seems like a decent manager, but their main problem has been their recruitment. After Benteke and Vlaar it's been rather abysmal.

I think it's more the psychological impact of a club without clear direction, remember how United fell apart when Fergie first said he would retire.

Lambert is a good manager. He did well at Norwich, got them successive promotions, he kept them in the PL.

just the wrong fit at Villa. wrong club, wrong time.

Back