• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch 2014/15

Obviously a lot of it is just speculation, like with most behind the scenes stuff.

But there was the infamous Eriksen and Kane interview where Eriksen seemed about as impressed with Sherwood as with a slap to the face.

Vertonghen had a pretty solid falling out with Sherwood by just about all accounts, seemingly carrying over into this season where Sherwood claimed as a pundit that "he can't defend this guy". Vertonghen had a drop in form under AVB, but let's not forget that for the majority of the time under AVB we were very solid at the back.

There were speculations at the time that the more experienced players did not want Sherwood to stay, and from what I remember Eriksen, Vertonghen and Lloris was a part of that. But of course, just speculations. Nothing obvious with Lloris, unlike with the two above (why I put "possibly Lloris" in my post).

I suppose we'll never know for sure. But there seemed to be quite a lot wrong behind the scenes under Sherwood. Despite our good results and improved performances we seemed no closer to keeping him around at any point during his stay. After leaving us with the much reported best points per game of any Spurs manager or whatever it was and significant efforts put into self promotion he's not been able to find a job despite several PL clubs looking.

Yeah OK with verts.... But not sure he is completely wrong about him to be honest. But Erickson.... And that interview.... Really? You to smart for that... There are a million reasons why he may have had the giggles, and not rating Tim is just one of them that fits a certain narrative, fact is that he played possibly his best football for spurs under Tim (although I would say he is now replicating that under pouch, with added work rate), the rest is pure conjecture, surely you see that?

Yeah OK with verts.... But not sure he is completely wrong about him to be honest. But Erickson.... And that interview.... Really? You to smart for that... There are a million reasons why he may have had the giggles, and not rating Tim is just one of them that fits a certain narrative, fact is that he played possibly his best football for spurs under Tim (although I would say he is now replicating that under pouch, with added work rate), the rest is pure conjecture, surely you see that?

Plus with us being solid at the back with avb, I would argue that was until fat sam schooled him, thus removing the fear from playing against us. We were anything but solid after that. What were the goals conceded per game average, for Tim and avb? I'm not sure, but would be very confident that even with uber bale the gap would be smaller than the goals for.

Plus with us being solid at the back with avb, I would argue that was until fat sam schooled him, thus removing the fear from playing against us. We were anything but solid after that. What were the goals conceded per game average, for Tim and avb? I'm not sure, but would be very confident that even with uber bale the gap would be smaller than the goals for.

One further post on this.... The fact that he hasn't got a job yet, maybe because he hasn't found one that he likes the fit of.... It pretty well documented that he didn't like the situation at wba, so ruled himself out. I think we would agree that he is arrogant enough to turn down vacancies that he doesn't fancy.

Fully realise that I sound like Tims bird defending him in almost every thread he is mentioned.... And I really don't love the guy. But think he was exceptionally poorly treated by part of the fan base, I also believe that ultimately that was one of the reasons that he wasn't given a full time shot with us, along with his (sometimes) questionable antics, Liverpool apart wernt really as bad as some make out (although I agree with your point of José earning the right to do that, where as Tim hasn't)

One further post on this.... The fact that he hasn't got a job yet, maybe because he hasn't found one that he likes the fit of.... It pretty well documented that he didn't like the situation at wba, so ruled himself out. I think we would agree that he is arrogant enough to turn down vacancies that he doesn't fancy.

Fully realise that I sound like Tims bird defending him in almost every thread he is mentioned.... And I really don't love the guy. But think he was exceptionally poorly treated by part of the fan base, I also believe that ultimately that was one of the reasons that he wasn't given a full time shot with us, along with his (sometimes) questionable antics, Liverpool apart wernt really as bad as some make out (although I agree with your point of José earning the right to do that, where as Tim hasn't)

I think that the other difference between when Mourinho speaks out and when Sherwood did is that there is a purpose to what Mourinho does, even when his behaviour is despicable, I think that it is thought through and done for a reason. I think that Sherwood just likes the sound of his own voice and thinks that he is being clever when speaks out. He said many things that were right and needed saying but he also shot himself and the club in the foot frequently. It just became an unwelcome disruption in the end.

I think that the other difference between when Mourinho speaks out and when Sherwood did is that there is a purpose to what Mourinho does, even when his behaviour is despicable, I think that it is thought through and done for a reason. I think that Sherwood just likes the sound of his own voice and thinks that he is being clever when speaks out. He said many things that were right and needed saying but he also shot himself and the club in the foot frequently. It just became an unwelcome disruption in the end.

I think that's raltively fair.

The problem for Sherwood is that the journos now know they can get a reaction out of him. It will only be a matter of time until Spurs, Hoddle, AVB or any other club/person Timmeh has an opinion on is brought up and he won't be able to help himself.

Pulis set to be named West Brom manager.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine might let John Carver take charge until summer.

Thats when FDB said he would leave Ajax, trouble is Carver could see them relegated if he is put in charge

Just can't see FBD going to the Toon. It's a *****g madhouse there!! Highly doubt such a rated coach would go there, he can do better.

(yeah know FBD said he could see himself managing Saudi Sportswashing Machine along with us and the Cult, but I'm not buying it!!)

He could have done them a favour and resigned in time to give the new manager a chance to get some players in

Back