• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Can someone tell me of the positive things to come out of Twitter? I'm on Facebook and I think that's pretty lame all in all, but Twitter strikes me as the most pointless thing ever that only ever causes more trouble than it's worth....

Breaking news if you follow the right people and is a news junkie like me. Also lots of good tips for potential stories, if you're a journalist. (like me)

On the other hand, if you're sad and lonely, you can pretend Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga is your friend and sends you "personal" messages about his/her dinner/breakfast/workout/whatever.

I'd say Twitter - like Facebook - is quite useful and handy if you just ignore all the flimflam that comes with it.

So he deletes his account? fudging hell, man up Kyle

I dont think most of society have to deal with what comes with personal abuse from what looks like the entire public ..especially when you are the hate figure. its tough......

if you think what we get on msg boards are bad then multiply that by 1000 when someone is addressing you in realtion to your occupation and your personal life with some serious vitriol. dont forget..when we stick it to each other we do so to online personalities and traits...these guys are getting it personally

No i'm really not.

You are suggesting that we are saying he can't be criticised, which no one is suggesting.

Critiquing his performance on here is ALOT different to slagging him directly on Twitter, which you seem to be advocating?

Will you deny that for the record and we can move on?

Where have I advocated abusing him on Twitter? No one has suggested that this is acceptable to the best of my knowledge. I even described the people who did this as idiots, which is what they are. Either you have misread one of my posts, or you are confusing me with someone else.

Feel sorry for Walker to get that level of stupid abuse, and that he has to be in the frontline - he needs back up and competition i feel to improve.

Now Gallas, our captain, don't get me started...

I think you'll find we all support the same amazing club - something that seems to be forgotten on here often.

Support;
To keep from weakening or failing; strengthen
To endure; tolerate

The "fans" that led to Walker quitting Twitter (a totally non-football related, leisure activity) are not representative of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
Or did I miss something? Maybe they are.

Is that what you stand for in your support of our amazing club?

I dont think most of society have to deal with what comes with personal abuse from what looks like the entire public ..especially when you are the hate figure. its tough......

if you think what we get on msg boards are bad then multiply that by 1000 when someone is addressing you in realtion to your occupation and your personal life with some serious vitriol. dont forget..when we stick it to each other we do so to online personalities and traits...these guys are getting it personally

=D>

I think clubs should (if they don't already) offer very detailed social media training, as much to educate them that if they engage in it, they must expect these sorts of macarons to engage with them.

I agree with African 100%. I mean, some of us occasionally have trouble letting go of posts here and some of us are in our 40s. Imagine what inexperienced, raw early 20-somethings take onboard!

Problem is the majority will slag off a bad performance. People are not patient and the likes of Sig and Dempsey have to dig very deep to turn their form. And we don't half create a cauldron of hate for them to prove their worth. It's awful.

It's instinctive to groan when Dempsey spins around and ruins an attack. I do it too. But their comes a point he we need to rally around our own and give them something extra. Sadly I can't ever see that happening.

I think that fans getting on a players back can only be detrimental to the player's form and the team's performance.

If the crowd get on a players back then quite often the player no longer wants the ball, won't take risks and plays an easy ball so they no longer have possession. You see it for England and I think that Jenas and others for us in the past have fallen foul of this.

Problem is the majority will slag off a bad performance. People are not patient and the likes of Sig and Dempsey have to dig very deep to turn their form. And we don't half create a cauldron of hate for them to prove their worth. It's awful.

It's instinctive to groan when Dempsey spins around and ruins an attack. I do it too. But their comes a point he we need to rally around our own and give them something extra. Sadly I can't ever see that happening.

I think that fans getting on a players back can only be detrimental to the player's form and the team's performance.

If the crowd get on a players back then quite often the player no longer wants the ball, won't take risks and plays an easy ball so they no longer have possession. You see it for England and I think that Jenas and others for us in the past have fallen foul of this.

Obviously being abused by anyone, be they strangers or people you know is unpleasant. The most stupid phrase ever is "Sticks and stones etc.."..human beings are more affected by verbal than physical snipes.
But I did not like Walker's parting shot on twitter. For sure he is going to defend himself but there was no remorse or acceptance that his performance was less than great.
If he had said "OK..not my best day but I am learning" it would have been better than "I am learning-what do you expect?"

Jesus. We teach kids that sticks and stones may break their bones, but words will never hurt them. Yet ickle Kyle quits Twitter because a few idiots from among our fanbase decided to fling some angry abuse his way? He has a bad game, and doesn't expect to receive abuse from people? How the hell does he think people like Ferdinand and Cole react when they receive vast amounts of abuse every day? Laugh it off and move on. Yet Walker decides to quite in a huff because of a few moaners giving him a bad time for a bad performance. Sigh. The word 'molly-coddled' springs to mind. Our fans are idiots for reacting that way, but then there are always idiots among football fans. Kyle should know that.

Obviously being abused by anyone, be they strangers or people you know is unpleasant. The most stupid phrase ever is "Sticks and stones etc.."..human beings are more affected by verbal than physical snipes.
But I did not like Walker's parting shot on twitter. For sure he is going to defend himself but there was no remorse or acceptance that his performance was less than great.
If he had said "OK..not my best day but I am learning" it would have been better than "I am learning-what do you expect?"

Again, as a professional footballer, you will likely know that you will get some abuse from people after a bad performance. It is a fact of life; you will be blamed by some people when you fail. Yet you are told that there always haters of some description or other, and that you should laugh them off and move on. Not quit twitter in a huff. These guys have sports psychologists that train them to think positive, but they can't deal with macarons on Twitter? Come on.

Why are some people pretending it was just a 'bad performance'. It was shocking. Absolutely shocking.

Why are some people pretending it was just a 'bad performance'. It was shocking. Absolutely shocking.

Frankly, if we're back to discussing Walker's performance, it was not that much worse than most this season. The lad's got a lot of potential but he is really getting caught out by the current system. He's also missing Younes a lot IMO, plus never forget how deep Luka would often drop to pick up a short pass and prompt things along...there is certainly a communication issue between him and his CB, christ, he even got caught in a comm error with Friedel against Chelski where he patently was waiting for Friedel to come off his line and gather! I'm sure he'll find form/click into it, but if I were scouting us, that entire channel would be a consistent point of probe and attack for me...

I don't think he's lost form at all, for the first half of season we were so in control of matches and the ball he was never exposed. From the second half until now that hasn't been true and he's looked shocking. Corluka gone. Oh, dear.

I think Walker could be one of the best right backs we have had at the club. Providing he learns from his mistakes, and has some consistency and experience inside him as the centre back, he will improve. He has all the physical attributes required, and technically his football skills are good enough, if not the best. He just needs to learn his trade in that position.

Naturally he is good going forward, but he needs to work with Lennon and Bale in training to work out the dynamics of when to overlap and when not to. He will make more mistakes -probably a few shockers like that last one - but he needs the fans to give him the space to improve. Giving him some stick on a forum like this is one thing, abusing him on Twitter or in person at the game, is another. Regardless of whether we have the right to abuse him or not, it just doesn't make sense in terms of getting the best out of him. Especially if he is confidence player.

I think Walker could be one of the best right backs we have had at the club. Providing he learns from his mistakes, and has some consistency and experience inside him as the centre back, he will improve. He has all the physical attributes required, and technically his football skills are good enough, if not the best. He just needs to learn his trade in that position.

Naturally he is good going forward, but he needs to work with Lennon and Bale in training to work out the dynamics of when to overlap and when not to. He will make more mistakes -probably a few shockers like that last one - but he needs the fans to give him the space to improve. Giving him some stick on a forum like this is one thing, abusing him on Twitter or in person at the game, is another. Regardless of whether we have the right to abuse him or not, it just doesn't make sense in terms of getting the best out of him. Especially if he is confidence player.

I used to think he was good going forward to whilst his defensive ability was suspect. However over the past few games (continuing on from last season) his crossing is dreadful, he cant take on players and his link up with Lennon is actually pretty static. Now im not sure if its just a lack of form that contributes to this or his lack of ability (he has shown at times he has the ability but then again a broken clock is correct twice a day).

Back