• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Yeah he was that technically limited that at 1-1 vs the scum, and under pressure he just banged one in the back of the net. Ffs have a fudging think before you type brick. And as for the rest of the comments I've read on here, you lot are a disgrace.

Being able to shoot from distance with a lot of power means you're great with the ball at your feet. Wonder what that makes Luka Modric?

Being able to shoot from distance with a lot of power means you're great with the ball at your feet. Wonder what that makes Luka Modric?

You baiting a reaction ? Trigger finger getting a bit itchy ? Just give me another 10 pts if it makes you feel better.

You baiting a reaction ? Trigger finger getting a bit itchy ? Just give me another 10 pts if it makes you feel better.

I'm responding to your comment and in a far nicer way than you usually do to others. If you want to complain about something, PM one of the other mods.

I'm responding to your comment and in a far nicer way than you usually do to others. If you want to complain about something, PM one of the other mods.

Nice try, that would get me an infraction too.

Don't worry about responding to me in a fairer or nicer way, don't you have thread merging to do or something ?

People seem to think that players are immune from criticism. I perform well in my job but in my appraisals etc I still take the critcism - the day that I dont get criticised is the day that I think I made it. Players are the same. However as I was telling Steff yesterday - there is constructive criticism and there is un-constructive criticism. To tell a player to fudge off is not constructive its plain stupid.

From what I saw from my bricky stream - he was better yesterday

People don't think players are immune to criticism.

It's when people forget when a player was playing well and just focus on the bad games they have had that problems occur.

That's fair enough though, football support is not entirely the most rational of thought processes.

Oh dear, Kyle

Kyle Walker rejects Chris Hughton's claim he dived in Tottenham's defeat to Norwich

Last Updated: November 1, 2012 7:39pm

Spurs were granted a last-gasp chance to take Wednesday's game to extra-time when Walker was adjudged to have been brought down by City defender Marc Tierney.

Clint Dempsey fluffed the resulting spot-kick but that did not stop Norwich boss Chris Hughton taking a swipe after the match at what he saw as theatrics from the England international.

"I'm from up north. I'm not going to go down softly," Walker said when asked what he thought of Hughton's assertion he had "made a meal" of the challenge.

"I thought I got a clip so I went down. It was a foul. The referee has awarded a penalty, or the linesman did. They were close enough to see it.

"If I felt I was touched then I am going to go down. That's it."

Spurs will turn their attention back to the Premier League on Saturday and, with a seemingly tough run of fixtures looming, Walker says beating Wigan is a must.

"It's massively important that we bounce back," he added. "No disrespect to Wigan, but out of the (next) three (games) this is the easiest.

"We want to get a good run in to Wigan and then hopefully that will give us momentum to get to (Manchester) City and then hopefully after the international break we can go to Arsenal and get the three points there."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...aim-he-dived-in-Tottenham-s-defeat-to-Norwich

Oh dear, Kyle

Kyle Walker rejects Chris Hughton's claim he dived in Tottenham's defeat to Norwich

Last Updated: November 1, 2012 7:39pm

Spurs were granted a last-gasp chance to take Wednesday's game to extra-time when Walker was adjudged to have been brought down by City defender Marc Tierney.

Clint Dempsey fluffed the resulting spot-kick but that did not stop Norwich boss Chris Hughton taking a swipe after the match at what he saw as theatrics from the England international.

"I'm from up north. I'm not going to go down softly," Walker said when asked what he thought of Hughton's assertion he had "made a meal" of the challenge.

"I thought I got a clip so I went down. It was a foul. The referee has awarded a penalty, or the linesman did. They were close enough to see it.

"If I felt I was touched then I am going to go down. That's it."

Spurs will turn their attention back to the Premier League on Saturday and, with a seemingly tough run of fixtures looming, Walker says beating Wigan is a must.

"It's massively important that we bounce back," he added. "No disrespect to Wigan, but out of the (next) three (games) this is the easiest.

"We want to get a good run in to Wigan and then hopefully that will give us momentum to get to (Manchester) City and then hopefully after the international break we can go to Arsenal and get the three points there."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...aim-he-dived-in-Tottenham-s-defeat-to-Norwich

isnt he essentially admitting to diving in that interview? he is saying that as felt he got a touch he decided to go down. surely if you are not going to dive you only go down if the force of the tackle brings you down?

Yup, he's admitting to diving and simulation.

The trouble is that many people think that's OK. Alan Shearer on MOTD would say he's "entitled to go down".

If a player gets touched as far as im concerned they are entitled to go down. Referees are more inclined to give a penalty. There have been far too many instances where players have been too honest and not gone down and not got the penalty EVEN WHEN ITS BEEN A FOUL.

If a player gets tackled and its enough to put you off your stride you go down. I dont really like it but I totally understand it as, like I said, referees will be more inclined to give a penalty.

I am only discussing here legitimate fouls and not diving. There is such a difference.

You know what - Gary Neville did a ten minute 'presentation' on sky sports about the exact same thing... search for it. I think he discusses the same issues there.

Yup, he's admitting to diving and simulation.

The trouble is that many people think that's OK. Alan Shearer on MOTD would say he's "entitled to go down".

Anyone who's watched him play knows that occasionally he'll make the decision to go down, but what defender doesn't when in a spot of bother? Not saying it's okay at all, tinkles me right off. If young Kyle hadn't decided to go down after fudging around with the ball against Chelsea Mata probably wouldn't have robbed him of the ball.

Tottenham defender Kyle Walker admits he is puzzled by his recent change of form

Last Updated: November 2, 2012 1:16pm

The 22-year-old was target for abuse following his performance in the recent defeat to London rivals Chelsea.

Walker opted to close down his account on a social network site after he was targeted by angry fans, and the former Sheffield United player is determined to focus on getting his form back instead.

"My form has been a bit up and down to be truthful," Walker said. "I couldn't tell you why.

"I had a good season last season so to keep that standard is very high.

"I will try and keep doing what I did last season and hopefully everything will fall in to place.

"I am prepared to work after training. That will make me a better player."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ts-he-is-puzzled-by-his-recent-change-of-form

I just hope that the Wigan players don't get hold of that interview. It never pays to be dismissive of your opponent, in the manner that he did.

Tottenham defender Kyle Walker admits he is puzzled by his recent change of form

Last Updated: November 2, 2012 1:16pm

The 22-year-old was target for abuse following his performance in the recent defeat to London rivals Chelsea.

Walker opted to close down his account on a social network site after he was targeted by angry fans, and the former Sheffield United player is determined to focus on getting his form back instead.

"My form has been a bit up and down to be truthful," Walker said. "I couldn't tell you why.

"I had a good season last season so to keep that standard is very high.

"I will try and keep doing what I did last season and hopefully everything will fall in to place.

"I am prepared to work after training. That will make me a better player."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ts-he-is-puzzled-by-his-recent-change-of-form

good attitude.
a bit of rest and reflection - and maybe a shag or two - and he should be on his way !

For me, one of the biggest disappointments with Walker is his lack of understanding with Lennon.

I suspect that they dont really like each other.

It seems to me too much of a coincidence that both players seem to chose the wrong option when the other has made a good run.

Has anyone seen any more evidence of this? I don't recall any interplay at all between these two yesterday.

I saw walker last night clubbing. He was in club 195 in Epping.

Only saw him the once. Couldn't find him after.

Back