• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

When Walker attacks, he just sort of runs at full pelt before stopping mid way into the opposition half, going back on himself and passing to Lennon or in side to Dembele or Sandro. Whenever he gets down the wing, his cross is usually over hit or not very good at all. He does have pace though and is as quick as a rock so he can get himself out of danger a lot of the time, but he shouldn't have to rely on pace.

Frankly, if we're back to discussing Walker's performance, it was not that much worse than most this season. The lad's got a lot of potential but he is really getting caught out by the current system. He's also missing Younes a lot IMO, plus never forget how deep Luka would often drop to pick up a short pass and prompt things along...there is certainly a communication issue between him and his CB, christ, he even got caught in a comm error with Friedel against Chelski where he patently was waiting for Friedel to come off his line and gather! I'm sure he'll find form/click into it, but if I were scouting us, that entire channel would be a consistent point of probe and attack for me...

He misses Younes, but his performances were not that much worse last season?

--------------------------------------------

He needs to work on his positioning that much is obvious.

He also needs to work on his decision making, he seems to have a massive amount of confidence and belief in his own abilities. That sometimes leads to him making mistakes like the one against Chelsea where he just seems to believe that he can pull off things that are very risky.

He also needs to work on his crossing, passing and close control. His crossing gets mentioned quite a lot, but his passing is more of an issue for me. He just misplaces way too many passes and if we want to build from the back like we seem to want under AVB, and if we want to play our way through pressure from the opponents then every player in the side has to be good on the ball. Better close control would allow him to use his pace one on one against defenders when attacking. At the moment he pretty much needs to just have tons of space to run into, while if you look at someone like Lennon he can use his dribbling to create space and skip past players.

Massive potential, but some areas of his game that just really need improving and that I at least think are critical.

I used to think he was good going forward to whilst his defensive ability was suspect. However over the past few games (continuing on from last season) his crossing is dreadful, he cant take on players and his link up with Lennon is actually pretty static. Now im not sure if its just a lack of form that contributes to this or his lack of ability (he has shown at times he has the ability but then again a broken clock is correct twice a day).

Interestingly he does far far better taking on players when he comes inside. Going up the wing he doesn't seem to quite have the hang of it.

Interestingly he does far far better taking on players when he comes inside. Going up the wing he doesn't seem to quite have the hang of it.

Ive noticed that too. The thing is im sure he goes inside as Lennon is usually in advance of him but when walker goes inside I think he just gets lost in there.

Ive noticed that too. The thing is im sure he goes inside as Lennon is usually in advance of him but when walker goes inside I think he just gets lost in there.

I think part of the problem is the way we are set up this year compared to last year. With just the one up top the onus is on the wide men to join in up front which has meant that Lil Lennie has been cutting in more and more, meaning we need the 'maurauding' full back to play essentially as the touchline hugging winger beating men for pace and getting a decent in, which as has been shown is not KW's best skills, at the moment. Sure he has pace to burn but his crossing is about the level Lennie's was when he first burst onto the scene for us as an 18 year old winger.

We've got to be patient with the lad, it's taken Lennie a long time and some hard work to develop his dribbling skills and his crossing skills and i've no doubt with some proper coaching KW will develop in a similar way. Hate to say it but he could really do with some ono-on one coaching from someone of the ilk of Gary Neville - but I don't think there is anyone in the club with that level of experience.

I also think he could do with not playing every game - hopefully now with Naughton fit (and fingers crossed he stays that way), it will give KW a chance to have a break. I know he is only young and is very athletic but i've got serious burn out fears if we continue to send him out game after game in all competitions. The kid i think is humble enough and grounded enough to understand that he doesn't need to be playing every single game - what he needs is to be focusing on his game with out the constant pressure he seems to be under from some of our so-called supporters at the games.

the difference this season is that lennon is defending less ... much less. so for the first time walker has had to fend for himself.
in a sense redknapp spoilt his early development by asking everyone from wingers to modric and VDV to help out defensively in our half.

by comparison avb's defending is about pressing much higher up the pitch. having said that the whole defence has been generally leaky/poor due to the many changes due to injuries. gallas i suspect is intimidating to young players as he seems to bark around a lot...not sure if these days if its just a show, as it doesn't seem to help with "individual mistakes". Can't wait for Kaboul to get fit. With Lloris, Verts and Kaboul, we will have a solid defensive core from which Walker will benefit from.

For me, one of the biggest disappointments with Walker is his lack of understanding with Lennon.

They have now been playing together long enough to form some sort of comprehension of the other one's play

I suspect that they dont really like each other.

It seems to me too much of a coincidence that both players seem to chose the wrong option when the other has made a good run.

Our coaches should really concentrate on getting these two to work better with each other.

There might be something in that rivalry thing. But then again there may not. Something to look out for in the next game.

He has a great attitude,and is hard working and I wish him all the best in football,but he simply doesn't have the technical quality to compete on the highest level.Yes,he is fast as fudge and strong,but that doesn't help him when he needs to pass,cross or position himself.He will have a good career,but he wont be the player that many here thought he would be last season.He desperately needs a break aswell,his form has gone from good to average to horrible in the last 12 months.

fudge me some of you are unbelievable. He's very young,he's in the eglandsquad, he's been amazing forus. Yeah he's not having the best of times but how quickly some of you give up on him, not just at the minute, but for his whole career is quite shocking.

Hasn't Walker played a lot of the last six months with a foot (toe?) problem. I think it started, or was first reported, for the United game where he supposedly had pain killing injections. It then caused him to drop out of the England and GB squads. Even if he has recovered now, there might be issues of recovery full match fitness and form.

fudge me some of you are unbelievable. He's very young,he's in the eglandsquad, he's been amazing forus. Yeah he's not having the best of times but how quickly some of you give up on him, not just at the minute, but for his whole career is quite shocking.

Not me, I have never rated him. England player....so what! All that shows is just what a low ebb English football has sunk to. I also wish him well in the game, but I'm afraid he will always struggle at the top level. Players rarely improve technically once they hit their twenties. Why do you think so many are off loaded?

Only saw the highlights, but yeah he can be okay, however technically limited players will tend to let down the side when it counts... in the big games when the pressure is on.

Only saw the highlights, but yeah he can be okay, however technically limited players will tend to let down the side when it counts... in the big games when the pressure is on.

Yeah he was that technically limited that at 1-1 vs the scum, and under pressure he just banged one in the back of the net. Ffs have a fudging think before you type brick. And as for the rest of the comments I've read on here, you lot are a disgrace.

Yeah he was that technically limited that at 1-1 vs the scum, and under pressure he just banged one in the back of the net. Ffs have a fudging think before you type brick. And as for the rest of the comments I've read on here, you lot are a disgrace.

Yeah that was a strike of epic proportions. More like hit and hope, back of the net or back of row z.

He can strike them really well at times, but that doesn't make him immune from criticism of his technical ability. Hell, I scored a fudging cracking goal on Thursday in the Liverpool power-league, and I am most definitely technically limited. It's the basics with Kyle imo, the occasional touch that just doesn't happen and the ball passes him, or the 5 yard pass under-hit, putting the receiving player under pressure, or just crossing in general.

I've not seen anyone wanting to see him fail on here, most are fair comments which also state that they do want him to do well and also improve his game so he can be part of a successful Spurs team. Your "You lot are a disgrace" crusade is a bit over the top in my very honest opinion.

People seem to think that players are immune from criticism. I perform well in my job but in my appraisals etc I still take the critcism - the day that I dont get criticised is the day that I think I made it. Players are the same. However as I was telling Steff yesterday - there is constructive criticism and there is un-constructive criticism. To tell a player to fudge off is not constructive its plain stupid.

From what I saw from my bricky stream - he was better yesterday

I don't know why you're surprised, it took 1 game against Arsenal for most of our fans to hate BAE when he first arrived and most acted like Ghaly had Savilled their sister when he threw a shirt at our manager.

Back