• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jake Livermore

mate i haven't foe'd you.. i just legitimately don't rate livermore.

i don't give a fudge how much me 'loves the club' .. i love the club, but i wouldn't play myself central midfield, because frankly, i'm brick.

he is championship standard, some of his passing against stevenage was absolutely cringe-worthy, not to mention his lack of vision and positional sense.

as long as we are striving to win the league or qualify for champions league, he does not make the cut i am afraid.

i shudder to think of him lining up against the lines of Real, Barca, Munich, whoever, it would be ugly and that's the facts.

i understand that he serves a purpose for the remainder of this season, but after that, no thank you, he should be moved on.

...the last time he lined up against Barca, we drew and he scored!!!

:-"

There use to b a consensus on here that Livermore will never be more than a squad player. After watching him against Man Utd I am convinced there is much more potential in the lad than I previously thought. Methinks in time, maybe a year or two, he could be serious competition for both Sandro and Parker. He really impressed me against Man Utd, I thought along with Lennon and Benny he was one of our three best players on the day. His passing is already more superior to Parker

Livermore ENDED Scholes at one point

Completely terrorised him for parts of the game

Hopefully somebody will find the video..........

Don't understand the negativity surrounding Livermore, quality player, been saying it for a long time. Arguably the best fourth choice defensive midfielder in the league, we are really quite blessed to have him.

The thing I love about Livermore is that he ALWAYS wants the ball. I used to think he was just another mediocre youngster, but he has changed my mind. I think the future holds great things for him.

getting better and better in my opinion. Strong as an ox. fudge I feel like we cant even say that anymore.

Great to have in our squad.

I just wish the ones who slated him and wrote him off as a league 1 player back in septemer would come forward and hold their hands up.

Well done Jake. Onwards and upwards

I said it before and i will say it again i would love to see what mourinho could do with him i just get the feeling he good do what he did to lampard, i hope we get the chance to find out.

Makes you wonder if other youngsters down the years could have come through if they were given more time im thinking somone like marney, i was there that day against everton and i can not belive he did not go on to play for england.

Really want to see caulker, townsend, livermore come through for us and maybe smith and mason as well.

It's great to see one of our youngsters progressing so well, he deserves a lot of praise for the performances he's put in this season.

I wouldn't slag off any of our players (unless they're a total ****, any player in a Spurs shirt will get my support) but being honest, if I was asked at the start of the season, I definitely wouldn't have tipped him to step up the way he has. Credit to him, if he keeps on learning and improving he can be a very good player for us.

I just wish the ones who slated him and wrote him off as a league 1 player back in septemer would come forward and hold their hands up.

Well done Jake. Onwards and upwards

Agreed. From the first time I saw him he looked to me a player who had technical ability, but most on here dismissed him simply as a hard worker who was extremely limited. I wondered if I was watching the same player because to me he always looked comfortable on the ball.

He has been used cleverly by Harry, playing his fair share of games whilst not having pressure put on him to perform. Being Parker's understudy this season and next should enhance his development no end.....

There use to b a consensus on here that Livermore will never be more than a squad player. After watching him against Man Utd I am convinced there is much more potential in the lad than I previously thought. Methinks in time, maybe a year or two, he could be serious competition for both Sandro and Parker. He really impressed me against Man Utd, I thought along with Lennon and Benny he was one of our three best players on the day. His passing is already more superior to Parker

Yep, I felt he was our best player against Man U, particularly given his relative inexperience.

I didn't think he'd be quite as good as he is turning out to be - I am pretty happy if he is on the teamsheet, it is no massive loss to play him instead of Sandro - and by that I mean a huge compliment to him

Agreed. From the first time I saw him he looked to me a player who had technical ability, but most on here dismissed him simply as a hard worker who was extremely limited. I wondered if I was watching the same player because to me he always looked comfortable on the ball.

He has been used cleverly by Harry, playing his fair share of games whilst not having pressure put on him to perform. Being Parker's understudy this season and next should enhance his development no end.....
I never saw him play until this season; I was told by others he was a good kid, decent athlete with some heart. But my word he is maturing fast. Out played and out fought scholes and carrick on occasion; taking it past them or playing it around them in tight spaces. Always looks for a positive pass or will lay it off simple but in a positive manner. He is already a better technical player than Parker. Defending wise he seems to have the potential to anticipate the situation very well and knows when to stand up and when to dive in, compared to Parker who will always look to dive in which is very risky and if he doesn't win the ball, either concedes the foul or takes himself out of that passage of play. These two performances against blue scouse and red manc have shown that he can become a very mature tactical head in CM; yes as people have said before just because he isn't throwing himself into challenges or brushing the hair out of his face after a tough tackle doesn't mean he doesn't contribute. Livermore is a player for people who understand the subtle nuances of football, not the dive in blood and guts that players like Terry, Carragher and parker epitomise.

I never saw him play until this season; I was told by others he was a good kid, decent athlete with some heart. But my word he is maturing fast. Out played and out fought scholes and carrick on occasion; taking it past them or playing it around them in tight spaces. Always looks for a positive pass or will lay it off simple but in a positive manner. He is already a better technical player than Parker. Defending wise he seems to have the potential to anticipate the situation very well and knows when to stand up and when to dive in, compared to Parker who will always look to dive in which is very risky and if he doesn't win the ball, either concedes the foul or takes himself out of that passage of play. These two performances against blue scouse and red manc have shown that he can become a very mature tactical head in CM; yes as people have said before just because he isn't throwing himself into challenges or brushing the hair out of his face after a tough tackle doesn't mean he doesn't contribute. Livermore is a player for people who understand the subtle nuances of football, not the dive in blood and guts that players like Terry, Carragher and parker epitomise.

The smell of utter B/S is thick in the air after that statement. I only hope that you will not be too haunted by how pretentious that was.

When this debate came up earlier in the season, Livermore had done nothing to suggest any kind of performances of any significance were in him. I for one hadn't seen anything to suggest a great future, and will happily admit that he has turned out to be (a lot) better than I expected. Lets not get carried away though, he is better than we expected, but he wont be on the teamsheet when all of the clubs players are fit so I wouldn't get too carried away.
He is a fit and unflappable lad who plays some neat football, but he's not inspirational, or dynamic by any standards. I think the biggest compliment is that he has proved that there is no need to panic when we see him picked to play, just a simple acceptance that we are not going to see any match turning heroics from him. I would be the first in line to hoist the "Yay Jake" flag if he ever does though.

Think Livermore is proof that playing and training with better players (e.g. Modric) improves the players in the squad.

Livermore uses a lot of the technique Modric uses to move the ball when recieving a pass and the neat triangles Parker plays to relieve the tension off the back four.

It also shows Livermore is intelligent/capable enough to learn from those around him. Good luck to the lad.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has backed Jake Livermore to establish himself at White Hart Lane and earn a call-up to the England squad.

The 22-year-old enhanced his growing reputation with an impressive display against Manchester United at the weekend and his manager believes that he has the potential to become a star.

"He [Livermore] could be [an England international]," Redknapp told reporters.

"The sky is the limit for Jake. His attitude is so good. He wants to get to the top and when you have that type of attitude there is no reason why he can't do it.

"He has the ability as well so he has a good chance."

Livermore, who previously had loan spells at Ipswich and Leeds United, has enjoyed a breakthrough season in which he has made 29 appearances for Spurs, and Redknapp has been delighted with his progress.

The coach, who has been heavily linked to the vacant Three Lions managerial post, continued: "When I came here people weren't sure that he was ever going to make it. He had his injuries.

"Some people were tending to write him off, but when I came here but from day one I just found him to be a fantastic boy.

"He did ever so well the other day in there with Sandro against Manchester United. I was pleased with those two. They were so good."

Back