• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jake Livermore

This is one of the natural effects of having a good academy producing good players for a good/top club in a strong league.

It should be celebrated.

Yeah our academy is excellent, a very high proportion of players go on to have professional careers, which can't be said of a lot of academies.

Livermore signed a new two-year deal with Tottenham on 24 July 2009 and, on the same day, he scored his first goal for Spurs, a header in a 1–1 friendly draw against Barcelona in the Wembley Cup. In a post-game interview, when asked by a reporter, "What is it like to score against the best team in the world?", Livermore replied "Score against the best team in the world? I play for them."
Like him, tidy player - I think more of an effort should have been made to integrate our kids in from that era of development. Good luck Jake.

We do have a great development system and it does generate $$ and so far we have not had a 'we shouldn't have let him go' moment but I do think we need to continue development with some of our prospects. Still I guess advice is taken from those at the club who know these guys best and they know more than me so...

Livermore signed a new two-year deal with Tottenham on 24 July 2009 and, on the same day, he scored his first goal for Spurs, a header in a 1–1 friendly draw against Barcelona in the Wembley Cup. In a post-game interview, when asked by a reporter, "What is it like to score against the best team in the world?", Livermore replied "Score against the best team in the world? I play for them."
Like him, tidy player - I think more of an effort should have been made to integrate our kids in from that era of development. Good luck Jake.

We do have a great development system and it does generate $$ and so far we have not had a 'we shouldn't have let him go' moment but I do think we need to continue development with some of our prospects. Still I guess advice is taken from those at the club who know these guys best and they know more than me so...

Another thing that is essentially inevitable at a club with a good academy challenging for top spots in a top league.

I just hope we do like Real and Barca and include buyback clauses when letting those with top potential leave...

Jake is a top lad, this from personal experience, would like nothing more than to see him excel and go on to bigger things

Jake is a top lad, this from personal experience, would like nothing more than to see him excel and go on to bigger things

Hope he comes back one day. A fan of the club playing for it gave me a feel-good feeling, and still does when I see Townsend playing. I'd like more of our lads to feel a genuine connection to the club and the fans, and if Livermore improves enough to warrant even a rotation role in the squad, I'd love to have him back.

Back