• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jake Livermore

Probably use Fletcher as an example too. Central midfielder who couldn't get games due to the likes of Keane, Scholes, Butt etc. then Veron was brought in etc. but he was used and performed consistantly, Man Utd fans weren't overly keen but thought he was a good squad player, at times in the past few years, he's grown so much he's now one of their most key important midfield players in my opinion and the fans love him, he's learnt from players around him, improved and got his rewards.

I was critical of his play at Swansea when he truly did dawdle on the ball and surrender possession too easily. He's clearly grown in stature since that game and his improving confidence, movement and touch suggest he's still capable of further improvement.

I like Chichester's comments on the previous page about what the squad could look like in the near future. He's had a great chance to sit in with the big team this season and see what's required to be a starter. Now, a loan to a Swansea- or Norwich-type situation would be ideal. Let him have everyday Premier League experience to further grow in decision making and execution.

Very likeable individual and someone I want to see fulfill the promise indicated with that headed goal at Wembley vs Barca.

A Spurs supporting friend of mine (whose husband is hardcore Arsenal it seems) told me this story of a friend of hers. This friend's son's favourite player is Jake and for his birthday they tweeted JL to ask if he would sign his Spurs shirt (if they sent it). He agreed. Now on the kid's birthday there's a knock at the door and guess who? JL turns up with these gifts and personally wishes him a Happy Birthday (and chats to the lad). Of course they're over the moon! Oh and my mate's husband thought it was a brilliant gesture...

Good lad...

A Spurs supporting friend of mine (whose husband is hardcore Arsenal it seems) told me this story of a friend of hers. This friend's son's favourite player is Jake and for his birthday they tweeted JL to ask if he would sign his Spurs shirt (if they sent it). He agreed. Now on the kid's birthday there's a knock at the door and guess who? JL turns up with these gifts and personally wishes him a Happy Birthday (and chats to the lad). Of course they're over the moon! Oh and my mate's husband thought it was a brilliant gesture...

Good lad...

by all accounts including redknapp suggest he has an a class attitude

Good lad...

Just brilliant...i am SO happy he's part of it all...he knows what it means!!!!!

Spurs through and through, and a fine lad. I sincerely hope he does well. Like someone said, he's growing in stature by the game, learning from the likes of Parker and Sandro. A loan to a mid-table Prem side next year would be the perfect way to cap off his youth development phase, and he'd come back a refined player, ready to compete with Sandro for a starting spot (assuming Parker only sticks around for a season or two). Really, really hope he makes it at Spurs, it's been ages since we've had a Tottenham lad, born and bred, come through the ranks and cement a place in the team. Does wonders for commitment.

Spurs through and through, and a fine lad. I sincerely hope he does well. Like someone said, he's growing in stature by the game, learning from the likes of Parker and Sandro. A loan to a mid-table Prem side next year would be the perfect way to cap off his youth development phase, and he'd come back a refined player, ready to compete with Sandro for a starting spot (assuming Parker only sticks around for a season or two). Really, really hope he makes it at Spurs, it's been ages since we've had a Tottenham lad, born and bred, come through the ranks and cement a place in the team. Does wonders for commitment.

His loan days are behind him now, I think. He's getting sufficient game time at Spurs and he's a useful squad player.

If he does ever leave the club, it will be a permanent move, IMO, and it will be because he's not happy to be for us what someone like John O'Shea was for many years at Utd.

Been given lots of game time and not many mistakes made are there? Certainly not any glaring ones. One goal in Europe iirc. Bit Vinnie sideways at times but good at keeping possession nonetheless. Solid squad player and I hope he makes it here.

His loan days are behind him now, I think. He's getting sufficient game time at Spurs and he's a useful squad player.

If he does ever leave the club, it will be a permanent move, IMO, and it will be because he's not happy to be for us what someone like John O'Shea was for many years at Utd.

Well, next year I assume he'll have Sandro, Hudd, Parker and Modric ahead of him in the pickings. Not much game time for him, whereas if he goes to a Prem side and impresses for a year, while getting regular game time and improving his decision-making, his chances of competing with Sandro for a starting spot would be immeasurably boosted, especially since Parker likely won't keep starting for us at 33, and I don't know whether Modric will still be around. so it makes sense, and I hope he sees that as well.

Well, next year I assume he'll have Sandro, Hudd, Parker and Modric ahead of him in the pickings.

I doubt they will be fit all season, plus we will be in 4 competitions next season. Sandro seems to pick up his share of knocks, and who says Hudd will be fit?

I like livermore, he is not a world beater but i would love to see what mourinho could do with him, not to dismilar to what he did with lampard, anyone else remember how average he was at west ham.

We need players like livermore he can also cover in defence and is getting better and better.

I agree completely

I agree completely
Players like Livermore are spurs through and through like ourselves and would bleed for the club. He's not a badge kisser or chest thumper, because he doesn't need to be. He is one of us and only true fans like Jake know the emotional investment we put into spurs thus they strive to play better.

Great story!

Personally feel his ability on the ball is underrated on this board....
He's very calm in possession and can run well with the ball. I think he has better footballing technique than Parker. The only thing he lacks is experience, which will come with time.

I like livermore, he is not a world beater but i would love to see what mourinho could do with him, not to dismilar to what he did with lampard, anyone else remember how average he was at west ham.

We need players like livermore he can also cover in defence and is getting better and better.

This.

I think he's learning from Parker and starting to catch Scotty up. He was excellent against Everton, kept everything simple, got the ball to Modric as often as he could. Parker replaced him in the next game against Wolves and we looked less effective imo. Against Wolves I thought Parker tried things Modric should have been doing and I found myself wishing that Jake was on.

I think he is coming along very nicely, keeps it very simple and seems to know his role i.e. pass it to Modric, Bale etc and ensur possession is retained. Seems fairly intelligent and takes up some decent positions.

Would like to see him be a bit more positive in his passing but that will come with time and experience.

Back