• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jake Livermore

Amazing how far he has come from starting at Old Trafford in his first Premier League start to starting at White Hart Lane against the same club 20+ games later. He has improved leaps and bounds since I first saw him and I'd be glad to have him around the team for years to come.

How lucky are we to have Parker, Livermore and Sandro.

Parker's professionalism and attitude could do wonders for a willing learner like Jake. Hope he stays as level headed and grounded as he is today. He could go far.

High hopes for Caulker too if he displays the same attitude.

I will admit to not seeing enough of Caulker still.

Who would you say is further along in terms of their development between Jake and Caulker?

Amazing how far he has come from starting at Old Trafford in his first Premier League start to starting at White Hart Lane against the same club 20+ games later. He has improved leaps and bounds since I first saw him and I'd be glad to have him around the team for years to come.

Completely agree. His and Walkers development has been one of the bright points of the season for me.

Really impressed with Jake tonight (and not for the first time either).

He's a smart player. Makes good bursts forward (seems to be more effective doing this thank Parker, has more poise and control on the ball), using his athleticism/engine/phyisque well.

Then there's obviously his tactical sense - he's disciplined, reads the game well - plays for the team 100%. Can't underestimate that.

He's a good passer too, nothing amazing, but clean and crisp. He does have a bit of craft and range though - I remember 1 awesome through ball to JD and 1 beautiful drilled crossfield ball for Walker tonight.

He could be our Darren Fletcher or someone. Does a job very well, unsung, through the ranks high quality squad player. Keep it up Jake.

I think Caulker only because he is getting regular first team football every week. Swansea fans have really taken too him. Personally I think both have a lot of potenital. Thank goodness we did not allow Jake to sign for West Ham for thte season. Heck under Big Sam he would not have developed just learnt how to hoof the ball

His passing is getting better, early parts of the season he did the right thing and kept it very simple playing it sideways. Now he's more confident his distribution is a bit more varied. Solid on the ball, retains it well, great for the Tottenham style of playing. COYS!

Im glad he's getting the recognition he deserves, he goes about his game unspectacularly without making a fuss but he's an intelligent, efficient and very astute player and helps allows the others to play better football.

I'm just hoping that somehow Harry Kane comes good. Then we could line up with Caulker in defence, Livermore in midfield and Kane up front. All youth-team products, all English. Have a bit of that.;)

From us crying out for a decent dm to now being blessed with 3 shows how far we have come..... now just need that ruthless finisher

Actually, thinking about it, we could be the only big club in the Premiership who could conceivably line up with a decent, competitive all-English starting eleven.

Button, Naughton, Caulker, Dawson, Walker, Townsend, Livermore, Hudd, Parker, Lennon, Defoe.

Okay, the GK is a bit wobbly, but other than that?

Actually, thinking about it, we could be the only big club in the Premiership who could conceivably line up with a decent, competitive all-English starting eleven.

Button, Naughton, Caulker, Dawson, Walker, Townsend, Livermore, Hudd, Parker, Lennon, Defoe.

United could put out a good side.

United could put out a good side.

Amos, Jones, Ferdinand, Smalling, Fryers, Young, Scholes, Carrick, Cleverly, Rooney, Welbeck.

Hmm...looks fairly even to me. You'd have to compare the subs benches, which would be;

Cudicini (if chicken_badge is right), Rose, King, Smith, Carroll, Jenas, Bentley, Kane

versus

Johnstone, Keane, Tunnicliffe.....erm? The list runs out after that...

So yeah, I think we're the only ones who could field a decent side. :D

I've been impressed with him all season. He's really growing and doing the business for us, and I see him as Parker's natural successor...he is a better passer...but again, as I've been saying for ages, what I love about him the most is that he is one of us!!!!!!!

Nothing wrong with Button.

Solid, composed, disciplined performance yesterday. He is impressing me as well, hopefully he will progress further and become an even better player. Great to see him doing well when he gets his chance.

Back