• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jake Livermore

Probably deserves to be in the team ahead of Sandro against Liverpool.

errm - no!

he has performed beyond everyones expectations, and given us all a satisfying feeling of dependency - but Sandro is a far better and more influential player. Jake is going to need to step his game up a lot more, to be considered before Sandro.

IMHO.

he's jenas mk II .. dallies on the ball, generally passes backwards and is anonymous for large portions when he's on the pitch.

he will play for a championship side in the near future.

honestly. he's so vastly overrated by this board and by redknapp it's untrue.. just coz he's english innit.

sandro is five, maybe ten times the player.

If anything - this board largerly underrates him. You only need to go back a few months and follow the general trend on here (impossible now, of course)

Lose this Jenas flimflam agenda and unfair comparisons and take him for what he is and does for the team - dependable, no-nosense hard worker. Fegie won 20 major titles with a few of those in his team over the decades = essential components in any squad pushing for silverware

he's jenas mk II .. dallies on the ball, generally passes backwards and is anonymous for large portions when he's on the pitch.

he will play for a championship side in the near future.

Initially I was of the same opinion, but he has shown a capability beyond that. I think he's good enough to perform at Premier level, but just doesn't have enough in his skillset to hold down a regular starting slot in our current side. I suspect that he will be happy to be a squad utility player for a few years, and then probably move on to a Sunderland/Stoke kind of team, where he will do a good job.

I suspect that he will be a Mr Dependable kind of a player who never lets the side down, but just doesn't have that extra edge to make him stand out, or rise above the rest of the team.

The new John Pratt

Initially I was of the same opinion, but he has shown a capability beyond that. I think he's good enough to perform at Premier level, but just doesn't have enough in his skillset to hold down a regular starting slot in our current side. I suspect that he will be happy to be a squad utility player for a few years, and then probably move on to a Sunderland/Stoke kind of team, where he will do a good job.

I suspect that he will be a Mr Dependable kind of a player who never lets the side down, but just doesn't have that extra edge to make him stand out, or rise above the rest of the team.

The new John Pratt

This is key, we need decent utility players who can hold their own on the pitch and aren't gonna be moaning about not starting every week. Realistically there are perhaps one or two teams who can get away with a full squad of top quality players either because they are a massive club winning things, paying ludicrous wages or both.

I for one and pleased with having him in the squad, he does the job he's there to do without any nonsense and is vital cover

I find it hard to stifle a groan and then a yawn when he comes on the pitch. He's genuinely impressed me once this season. Decent back up though and i have nothing against the guy, so i think he's worth keeping around.

The new John Pratt

I concur.

And he is NOTHING like JJ, btw. He is tenacious, he is very good at making himself available and he doesn't shy out of anything. In other words, again, - nothing like JJ.

Completely different player.

The next Jamie O'Hara?

I would have O'Hara back all day long if we had the choice.

The next Jamie O'Hara?

I would have O'Hara back all day long if we had the choice.

Except he did not want to play a squad role and i will not have a go at him for that.

I like livermore he will never be the worlds best although i thought that about frank lampard when he was a kid at west ham, so working hard and taking your chances can take you far. Likely livermore will be a good squad player for us for 3 or 4 seasons before he gets annoyed at not having enough games and we sell to a side below us for 5m we have to hope by that time we have other youngsters who can take up the squad player position or maybe that once in a generation thing where we find a world class player from the academy.

I think it would be great if in 2 seasons time we had a midfield of
Left wing Bale>townsend
central midfield Modric>Huddlestone>carroll
central midfield sandro>Parker>livermore
Right midfield Lennon> (some big name signing)

Maybe townsend, carroll and livermore need a season long loan move to be ready for us but i think it would be great to make our youth players part of the squad and also means we can spend more on a big name signing or 2.

Livermore is still learning his trade, and I guess playing alongside Modric and Parker may make it easier to make him shine, I also get the feeling that he "concedes" possession to them far earlier because they're more experienced, and hence doesn't really try any adventurous stuff on his own. Would be good to see him more in place of Modric/Parker instead of alongside them both to get a more accurate assessment of his development. IIRC, when he first started, he was chasing everything down but not initiating much... but I've seen progress here and like to think that Harry is giving him time to learn from the senior guys more.

that said, I also think that he could be better repurposed as a CB as he is strong, and reads the game quite well.

Dont really see that he'll ever make it as a starter for a PL team, let alone a top PL team. Just doesnt have the footballing basics ie passing, contorl, shooting, tackling etc and isnt particularly agile/quick. His assets are that he's big, whole hearted and physical - sort of attributes that make a div 1 player or championship player

Thats not to say that I would support him and cheer him whilst he's at spurs and as a 5th choice CM he's probably ok. Just cant see that he has the ability to make a career at the club as a starter or even first back-up, unless we implode

Watch the Everton game again, he is a much more graceful/agile player than many give him credit for.

My argument to all the people who think hes rubbish/average/not good enough/the new jenas is that you can't expect to have a 25 man squad full of superstars, players like Livermore who can slot in to many positions when needed are essential.

This is probably an overused argument but....

Premier League (5): 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11
FA Cup (1): 2003–04
Football League Cup (3): 2005–06, 2008–09 2009–10
FA Community Shield (4): 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010
UEFA Champions League (1): 2007–08 winner, 2008–09 runner-up, 2010–11 runner-up
FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2008

Who do you reckon those honours are?

Watch the Everton game again, he is a much more graceful/agile player than many give him credit for.

My argument to all the people who think hes rubbish/average/not good enough/the new jenas is that you can't expect to have a 25 man squad full of superstars, players like Livermore who can slot in to many positions when needed are essential.

This is probably an overused argument but....

Premier League (5): 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11
FA Cup (1): 2003–04
Football League Cup (3): 2005–06, 2008–09 2009–10
FA Community Shield (4): 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010
UEFA Champions League (1): 2007–08 winner, 2008–09 runner-up, 2010–11 runner-up
FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2008

Who do you reckon those honours are?

John O'Shea. I think we need to give livermore more credit when it comes to the technical/tactical side of things. He is brilliant at keeping it simple, recycles the ball very qucik and allows others to play. He could very much become carrick lite.

I guess it's John O'Shea. And i reckon he was involved in 25+ games almost every season.

Back